Im a Newbie to Slimming World.

Kes

Gold Member
not sure if this should go here, as its such a big section!!!!

ive been doing slim fast for the last 5ish months, and hit a plateu. (would have hoped it wasnt so soon..)
but i plucked up the courage to go to our local sw club, and check it out...

its been strange going from shakes for breakfast and lunch to actually having meals...

im struggling to come up with some ideas of nice things that are quick or that will last in a container if i make them the night before to have for lunch, so if anyone has some lovely ideas....

im off to check out some recipies...

so just wanted to pop and say a big hello to everyone...
hope the weight continues to go down!!!

Hi and welcome to SW. I can't belive you lasted 5 months on slimfast - hats off to you for that!

As for lunches etc, check out people's food diaries and recipe threads (which you are probably doing now), there are lots of ideas. Also the SW website has some good ideas and a 7 day sample menu - the new magazine is out too which has a 7 day plan in it.

There's so much choice :)

Hello and welcome xxx

hi and welcome to sw.

Asda wholemeal pittas can be used as one of your healthy extra b's, maybe some tuna and salad. You could make up a sugar free jelly and put some in a container which is sweet and satisfying plus some bits of fruit.

This is what my consultant made up a a raffle price this week :D

Hi Kes, firstly welcome, and secondly congrats on all the weight you've lost so far!! Brilliant acheivement!! I'd imagine that you'd get fed up of not being able to eat proper meals on diets such as the ones you've been doing, which is why I love SW so much!! It may be a slower way of doing it (for me anyway- some people have amazing losses consistently!!) but I'm enjoying it so much and know that I can sustain this way of eating long-term! There are so many ideas for lunch! Do you think you'll be doing Extra Easy? If so, I find pasta dishes a great lunch, I tend to take a lot of leftover curry, casserole, soup, rissoto etc etc into work with me! A fancy potato salad- cooked potato mixed with chunky ham, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, Hellmans XL mayo mixed with a bit of mustard powder a really lovely and filling lunch! As Jay says above, the SW mag, food diaries and recipe threads on MM are a great source of info!! I've just been going through my new SW mag (came out this week) and have written down the recipes I want to cook over the next week and compiled my shopping list from it! There are lots of nice recipes featuring seasonal spring greens which have really got my taste buds twitching!! I think you'll love it here! Everyone is so friendly and supportive!X

Back