I'm a Newbie!!

Lisa Claire

Hi everyone, just started the CD today. Got 3st 11lb to lose, hopefully by October if poss.

Has anyone had a similar goal and if so how long did it take to achieve? (i'm very impatient). Also would be interested in joining a team if anyone has any spaces!!

Hiya, just wanted to say hi and welcome to a brilliant forum. Good luck with your new journey and keep us updated :)

xxx

Hi Lisa and welcome!

Minimins is totally fab for support so I'm sure you'll have lots of help to reach your goal!

I can't tell you much about achieving my goal, except I've been Ssing for a week and a week prior to that I cut all carbs- I've lost a stone just over a fortnight. This diet is fab- you will do really well I'm sure!

Good luck with it today, keep busy, drink tons of water and you'll be just fine!!!

xx

Thanks, i'm sure reading everyones posts will keep me on track. Wow, a stone in a fortnight is brilliant, hope I can do just as well!

Hi Lisa Claire, welcome and best wishes on your CD start. It is a diet that gets great results and this forum is valuable support and info. Haver a great week.

Just remember to build up the water slowly, especially if you are not used to drinking a lot as it can be a shock to the system.

I have only been going two weeks and its amazing to see the weight drop off and people start to notice.

Hello Lisa

Welcome to minimins.. You have a similar amount to loose as I do.. I am also aiming to reach my target by October, not specifcally for anything other christmas really. But my first target is end of July.. ITs good to set small targets, and perhaps join challenges as well. We have a good supportive thread on here. "Butterflies in it to win it". Feel free to drop by anytime. Good luck with your first day as well. x

Hiya
I'm new too - started on Monday. I have about 4stone to lose by September (and then a bit more, but that's my goal for now). We can support each other!

I am on the dreaded day 3 too and feeling a bit rubbish this morning, keep repeating 'this too will pass' etc....

Lx

Hi Liz, I think it would be really helpful to know how you are getting on and keep me from straying. Just had to make my LO toast with lashings of butter for breakfast, how hard is this???? But must keep focused, it'll be worth it in the end, once i've had my first weigh in and see some results I think it will start to get easier.

Yes me too I am hoping for a good kick start. I'm looking forward to my first WI - but its not until day 9 for me, due to CDC availability. Erk!

In terms of how I'm getting on I won't lie, today is hard already. I feel hungry, tired, stressed and snappy, and have a headache the size of Belgium. I've done this before (well, LL) and I do know that it will get better, and it won't always feel like this - if it did, nobody would ever stay on it! By the end of the week we'll be feeling just fine. Got to get through today and tomorrow first, and then all will be well.

Do you know the wall analogy? They used it on LL. Getting into ketosis is like climbing a wall. Its hard, and you hate it, and it takes forever, and you feel like jumping off cos the wall is too high. But when you get to the top of the wall, the view is brilliant and you feel great. Assuming you really want to get to the top of the wall, why would you jump off part way up and only have to start again? You wouldn't, would you - so stick with it, keep climbing, the top is in sight!

In terms of toast - well done; toast is my absolute downfall, so I doubt I could go near it at the moment. Tell yourself it smells nice, but so do flowers, and you don't eat those, do you - ?? could that work?

Thanks Liz, the wall analogy is very true. It's also very true to take it one day at a time, can't be thinking about tomorrow or the day after at present. Nice comment about the flowers, i'll bear that in mind, lol.

Let me know how you are gettiing on!

Welcome aboard, we have similar amounts of weight to lose as well. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

I'm new too

Hi all

I'm a newbie too - started sole source on Monday - hopefully reach ketosis tomorrow (havent the fogiest what it is though! lol).

Need some advice though - I have a very awkward weekend coming up. Friends from years ago staying over friday night along with some family and everyone is drinking .... will anything drastically bad happen to me if I have some wine? Avoiding the food is no prob ... just wondered how much it will hold up the weight loss if I have one or two drinkies?

Any advice greatly received.
Some of your weight losses are amazing ... looking forward to some (hopefully) good results. I have 3st to lose, hoping by mid-end sept.

Sarah
xxx
:)

sarah also well done for getting this far, maybe try to stick to water this weekend? sparkling is more "interesting" for meet ups and coffee/tea etc

hi
lisa clare just popped by to say welcome

great :D the effect and after effects of drinking while on this diet are sooo not worth it ive heard, even if you dont get seriously ill you probs WILL feel like rubbish :( and thanks :D xxx

Back