I'm a newbie!

irishmammy1979

Hi all,

Newbie to this website, feeling very lost it's huge!

I joined SW in Nov & was doing ok, a lb down here & there which suited me as I'd a really busy Nov/Dec. Jan I got really sick & was out of class for a few wks, rejoined in Feb with such motivation & confidence I could do it but I'm struggling so much. Last wk I was up 0.5lbs & I have fallen off the wagon big time.

I'm going to go & sit in on members meeting tonight & really take it all in. I'm so ingrained in other weight loss programs that when I'm faced with all this food that I CAN eat I go "oh dear god no way" and end up starving myself because that is how I think weight loss should be.

I made the critical error of entering my food one day last week into a calorie counter thing & I was having on average 1500kcals a day, which to me is heaps more than I should be having when losing weight but yet I know people who eat more than me on this plan & have lost heaps of weight and yet I can't eat all that food ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes I am weird, I know :rolleyes: anyway, maybe I can get some support here & some guidance too.

Hi! Huge welcome!

I am on my second week of SW, and definitely at first I was caught up in the mindset that I cant have rice and pasta in the same day, I am eating too many potatoes etc. But the way I see it is, the other weight loss plans didnt work for me. So why should I hang on to their way of thinking? It didnt get me skinny, in fact I lost very little on them. So why not just forget about all the stuff that didnt work and focus on this plan, give it a real good shot, follow it to the letter, and then see if it works for me or not. I have nothing to lose but weight!

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. Def worth sitting in on the meeting and just have it all refreshed in your mind. It will help draw a line under the bad weeks and really look ahead to the next weigh in. Just take it day by day, and pretty soon you will be on a roll.

Good luck!

I was in a terrible cycle of using My Fitness Pal and would use it for weeks on end, restricting myself to the recommended cruel 1200 cals a day. I ended up putting on 1.5 stone over the course of 6-7 months as I'd be "good" for weeks on end and lose 3-4lbs here and there and then just have blow-outs. It was such an unhealthy and unrealistic way of viewing food and taught me nothing.

When I signed up to SW I made a promise to myself to not bother with MFP. I still find myself mentally totting up calories but have to trust SW and believe that it works. By not fixating on calorie content any longer I've liberated myself and allowed myself to finally think differently about food and healthy choices.

Close your account on whatever site your on and focus solely on SW. If you give SW 100% then it will work for you, don't let your journey be clouded by other fads that obviously don't work.

I lost 2 1/2 stone and got to target by having 1500 calories a day, I just entered it on MFP a couple of weeks to see how many calories I ate,

the best advice for you in my opinion is trust the plan, if the plan says you can eat it, eat it. The only limit, as they say, is your hunger, eat til you're satisfied.

If I have a week where I'm not really interested in food and I don't eat a lot I either maintain or gain.

Good luck hun and welcome back to SW xx

Hi another newbie here! Just started week two..... going well so far but I havent been drinking yet! Can you really save up your syns for the week? has this worked for you?x

Back