I'm about 10 seconds away form giving up. (no food talk)

caramelcherry

I've posted this in April starters as well.

Right ive had my weigh in. I've been so good all week, sipped on 2.5 litres of water throughout the day.

and guess how much I've lost?? NIL, yes 0 pounds. It's only my second weigh in and at this very point I feel to give in
.:break_diet:

Hey caramel - imagine how you're going to feel if you give up now. I know you're only a couple of weeks in and had a horrible blip - but judging by other people's experiences on here, the chances are you're going to have a great loss next week.

Think it through - the summer's coming - don't you deserve it to yourself to give it at least another week so you could be shimmying around in those little strappy numbers?!

You've nothing to lose by giving it another week - and I bet you'll be delighted if you stick with it and it works, because it absolutely will :)

What was your first weeks loss? Was it huge? There could be a number of factors, but if you are followingthe plan exactly as you day, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE you will not be losing weight - it just may not show up until next week for one of several reasons.

It is unusual for a second week to be a low loss, but not unheard of.

Don't give up - this diet is amazing, and has changed my life, and will change yours too.

We didn;t get big overnight, it won't come off overnight. But it WILL come off, and faster then nearly any other method out there.

Chin up.....you will prbably be in v=for a very very happy surprise next week. :)

xx

don't give up!
as BL says there is no way you won't be burning fat if you are sticking 100% to the diet.
i had a stay the same week and a couple of low losses, but still lost 3 stone by end of foundation.

its so worth it - don't just rely on scales.

what did you lose 1st week?

daisy x

You've started on this so don't give in now. There are lots of things that can affect weigh in. What were you wearing? Was it heavier than last week? Is it your time of the month or the week you retain water? Were you weighed at the same time of day?

What did your LLC have to say? Did she ask you to come in for a Pop In during the week to check progress?

BL is right, once you are in ketosis, there is no way you can't NOT burn fat. Hang in there and make the most of the decision you made to start this journey.

Hey girls thanks for all your support and encouragement. I haven't put anything in my mouth yet that I wasn't supposed to... I've calmed down now with all the messages I received from you guys :copon: Thankyou :)

It may be way too much information but I have just been to the loo and I've started my period. So may be water retention.

What is everyone's experience with being on your period and weight loss?

oh and my first week's weight loss was 8 pounds

Well I don't have periods but I still have a water retention week! We're Wimmin after all!!!! You'll be fine! Hang in there.

Hi please dont give up i was dissapointed too i only lost 3 1/2 pound on my first way in even tho i stuck to the plan 100% but i have read so many stories on here and the ones that have stayed strong and stuck with it has still lost lots. . I would really like some advise about ketosis when will i be in ketosis and how will i know ?

Hey girls thanks for all your support and encouragement. I haven't put anything in my mouth yet that I wasn't supposed to... I've calmed down now with all the messages I received from you guys :copon: Thankyou :)

It may be way too much information but I have just been to the loo and I've started my period. So may be water retention.

What is everyone's experience with being on your period and weight loss?

oh and my first week's weight loss was 8 pounds

:copon:<----I just love that one.

Anyway, we are not to that point with you just yet. ;)

A lot of women do have very low loss weeks with their period because they have bloat and water retention. Hang in there, and stay the course - don't bend the rules as tempting as it might be after this week, and you will no doubt be greatly rewarded next weigh in.

Don;t get me wrong, I can FULLY UNDERSTAND how disspointing that is - but just do the math, the science, etc.,a dn there is NO way you are not losing - it is just for whatever reason not showing this week.

A BIG well done for sticking to it, despite your dissapointment. :)

xx

Takes about 3 to 5 days taff. You'll have the ketostix test at your weigh in, you'll probally get a side effect or two as well. Smelly breath can be one, feeling the cold is another. Don't fret about it, it will happen soon then you're on the way to being a loser!!

Well done caramelcherry

for not giving up and 8lbs is a fab loss. Stick with it and you can't fail to lose. Some weeks will be better than others. but as you can see it WILL come off.
Ketosis usually gets going after 3-4days. It becomes much easier then.

Hey Taffla, your LLC should have given you a ketosis stick to wee on :eek: to see if you were in the fat burning mode. In ketosis you should not feel hungry anymore and generally more energetic with an unpleasant taste in your mouth

Thanks everyone again for your support :) I'm off to bed now and looking forward to my porridge in the morning

Back