I'm about to join Bannatyne's

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lighterlifeclaire, 28 September 2009 Social URL.

1. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Hi all..

Well.. last week I had a breakthrough... I have been to the gym a few times before and pretty much HATED it... I have only ever been "because I should"

However, last week I went as a guest to Bannatyne's (my size 8 friend has just joined)... I went aqua aerobics and then for a little relax in the Jacuzzi and its the only time I have left the gym wondering when I will next have a chance to go back!!!

So..... I am joining on Wednesday (when I am paid!) - It's £55pm... :eek: that is the only painful thing... but as my friend said "£55 for your health?" ... I think its true... so this week I embark on my fitness! Although I was not intending to go to the "gym" and only attend the classes, they have thrown in 3 months of personal training... so I am going to be doing 1 gym session per week, 2 aqua classes, and 1 spinning session :rolleyes:

Wish me luck, does any1 want to join me?!?! XX :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ma q

ma q Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    I joined Bannatynes in July and am really enjoying it - i've tried a couple of gyms before but never really got into it but so far i have been sticking with this quite well - also the opening times are great for me. It is quite expensive but decided it would be worth it and as I am tied in for a year i make sure I go and get my money's worth lol!

Good luck with your goals -let us know how you are getting on.

4. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    i think thats it... bein able to pay £5 a session with no tie-in, I was going every so often!! Payin 55 pm will make me go more!

Are there any classes u wud reccomend?! do u know wot 20/20/20 is?!?!?!

Which one do u go to? :)

5. ma q

ma q Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    yeah - knowing you've paid you're money definitely makes you go.

Haven't heard of 20/20/20. I tend to use the gym more doing cardio or weights - you should get a good few inductions showing you how to use everything properly - before i've always been too intimidated by weights and didnt' know what to do.

The only class i have tried so far has been body pump which is where you are using weights to music - it is hard work but worth it - i hadn't done anything like it before so felt a bit strange to start with but you soon get into the hang of it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.