Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I'm about to join Bannatyne's

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lighterlifeclaire, 28 September 2009 Social URL.

1. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    Hi all..

Well.. last week I had a breakthrough... I have been to the gym a few times before and pretty much HATED it... I have only ever been "because I should"

However, last week I went as a guest to Bannatyne's (my size 8 friend has just joined)... I went aqua aerobics and then for a little relax in the Jacuzzi and its the only time I have left the gym wondering when I will next have a chance to go back!!!

So..... I am joining on Wednesday (when I am paid!) - It's £55pm... :eek: that is the only painful thing... but as my friend said "£55 for your health?" ... I think its true... so this week I embark on my fitness! Although I was not intending to go to the "gym" and only attend the classes, they have thrown in 3 months of personal training... so I am going to be doing 1 gym session per week, 2 aqua classes, and 1 spinning session :rolleyes:

Wish me luck, does any1 want to join me?!?! XX :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ma q

ma q Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    I joined Bannatynes in July and am really enjoying it - i've tried a couple of gyms before but never really got into it but so far i have been sticking with this quite well - also the opening times are great for me. It is quite expensive but decided it would be worth it and as I am tied in for a year i make sure I go and get my money's worth lol!

Good luck with your goals -let us know how you are getting on.

4. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    i think thats it... bein able to pay £5 a session with no tie-in, I was going every so often!! Payin 55 pm will make me go more!

Are there any classes u wud reccomend?! do u know wot 20/20/20 is?!?!?!

Which one do u go to? :)

5. ma q

ma q Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    yeah - knowing you've paid you're money definitely makes you go.

Haven't heard of 20/20/20. I tend to use the gym more doing cardio or weights - you should get a good few inductions showing you how to use everything properly - before i've always been too intimidated by weights and didnt' know what to do.

The only class i have tried so far has been body pump which is where you are using weights to music - it is hard work but worth it - i hadn't done anything like it before so felt a bit strange to start with but you soon get into the hang of it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.