I'm all confused - can anyone help?

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
OK I started LL on Monday 26th June. By all my counting I make it that the 100 days is then 4th October.

However, tonight is our last group session (week 14) so that means that we still have 9 days left before the end of the 100 days.

So what am I missing? I can understand if it is THIS Thursday when the group sessions finish but can't get my head around why there is another week in between?

Can anyone help me, I was even dreaming about this last night (I was in a void and a whole week twirled past my eyes - like the dream Dorothy had in Wizard of Oz but without the fairytale bit!!!)

OK yes I know I am officially loopy but this is bugging me!

Hi Flopster Sorry I cant answer your question but I start LL Wednesday and I was wondering is it 14 weeks from when?Wednesday or the following wednesday?
As for being Loopy I think it helps to get through life LOL:rolleyes:
xxc

Hi Flopster,

All I know is that the 100 days are 100 days and everyone celebrates them when they get there!!!

Chicken on a mission has done it and I am sure she will be able to help you out some more.

I did way over the 100 days but did not celebrate as I was on Lipotrim at the time and you just keep going with it.

Mind you looking back I do think it is vital to celebrate the 100 days regardless of which vlcd we are doing as it is such a wonderfu achievement.

Sorry I can't be of much help.

Love Mini xxx

My LL lady has only put us chaps (4 in my group) on a 8week program, not really sure why tbh.

But on the commintment she changed "100days" to read "8weeks"

Sure i shall need longer though

The blokes at my info evening asked the same and the answer was, as I suspected, that men lose weight at a far greater weight than women so their foundation stage has to be assessed earlier. The reason men's sessions are half hour shorter is because they claim the dvds are not as relevant to men so they don't have to watch them, whereas we women have to endure a 20-30 minute one each week!

hey flopster

i was thinking the exact same as i worked my 100 days out to finish on the 11th oct yet its my week 13 WI tonight so im just as confused as you are...if i find anything out tonight at my group then i will let you know !!!

groovy

Hi all

Well the first stage is 14 weeks (98 days) and i think they just round it up to 100 just for the hell of it plus it sounds better on their marketing campaign. But of course we have weekly sessions and 7 (days) just doesn't divide eqally into 100.

If you've only done 13 weeks (9 days over) then you're defo a week short.... so you maybe missing some of the information????

When I started to 100 days then the meeting was on a Saturday morning for the first 2 weeks then we had a pop in on a Saturday and the meetings swapped to a Tuesday night. The thing to remember is that the week 1 meeting isn't at the end of week one, it is to prepare you for it so all the meeting titles are one week out compared to how long you have actually been on LL.

The Meeting for the 14th fell on the 93rd day in my case which was a bummer because the group wasn't able to celebrate the 'end' of the foundation stage together and our official weigh in and after pics didn't reflect the full 100 days. I have to say that I was not amused :mad:

Having said that, the reason this was the best way to do it was because your next meeting at the end of the 100 days reflected where you truely were in the programme.

No point in having another foundation meeting when 1/2 would be starting the route to management and half going on to development so despite being upset intially it was the right thing for my counsellor to have done. :)

Thanks everyone.

Chicken that makes perfect sense - we will be going into development on the 101st day (I didn't count the first week - day one for me was the day after the first meeting).

But you are right the "after" pictures were taken last week - with about 18 or 19 days to go which isn't a true reflection really!

Ho hum, I guess the right saying is "don't sweat the small stuff" iykwim?

Karen, we have definately done all the sessions - tonight is week 14 (but 13th WI after dieting).

Groovychick - you seem to be one week behind me then which is really wierd, I will also ask tonight and see what answers I get!

Maybe an answer ....

Hi Flopster;

I did the full course of LL at the start of this year, right through Foundation, Development, and the full course though of Management. I will tell you what I know, but I am not sure really how to answer your "actual" question, because I never encountered it!!

As I understand LL, the 100 days thing is not a boundary that defines the end of anything. It is only the end of the "contract" that you had with LL and yourself - i.e. that you would "buy" and commit to 100 days.

My understanding is that you and your group can continue beyond this point if you feel that you still have weight to lose. For men the initial contract is in fact 56 days (8 weeks), and I continued way beyond that to reach my goal weight. I think that the 100/56 day boundary is simply the point at wich you move from "Foundation" to "Development". Development is simply the same as Foundation in that you continue with SS and the 4 weekly medicals, and also the Group Work, but you are beyond that initial 100/56 day "contract". When you reach your goal weight, which can take as long as you like - in fact it can be less than 100/56 days if your weight losses are fast - you then move into "Management", where you start to reintroduce food.

You seem to be experiencing the "LL-BlackHole" that a large number of us experienced in that the LL Cousellor only tells you the information you need at the point that you need it and does not provide you with what you need to prepare for what is coming up. This causes unnecessary anxiety, just as it did for me as I chose to enter Management. I gave my LLC 3 weeks notice of wanting to go into Management, and still she gave me zero information until the day of my last weigh-in on Development.

So, the bottom line is that the 100-days is not an end of anything really. You can continue on for as long as you like. You are still SS until you get to your goal weight, and with LL you decide when that is. YOu can remain in your Group session all that time, and your LLC will tend to use you and your experiences for new starters (what the LLC seems to do is cycle every 14 weeks, i.e. Week 15 ia like Week 1 again), and new starters will come in. YOu will add your experiences into the Group sessions. Well, that is how ours worked anyway.

I may have just rambled, and not answered your question at all.

If not, ask again and I will try to answer again!

Steve.

Thanks Steve, our counsellor has been brilliant at telling us about management and a bit about development, but, I had been plotting my weight loss against 100 days and I just can't understand what happened to the seven days we seem to have "lost" - it is more confusing than upsetting. All this time I was working towards one date (I counted out and marked in my diary the 100 days and set my tickers up for that date as well). In reality it makes little difference to me as I am going into development anyway for a while, I am just stumped as to where the extra week went - or whether I had initially counted the days wrong?!?

It is a shame in a lot of ways that we have got to the end of the 100 days (or however many it is) because I will miss the girls we did this with - they have been a fab group!

Thank you for replying though, it really did fill in some of the missing blanks.

hey flopster

im still none the wiser after last night...my group still feel like like we are in the dark and yes i agree with what you have said about feel like you are missing out especially time with the group as we have built up a great relationship in our one too!! stevem explanation will have to do for now!!! im switching straight to CD (havent told my LLC) after i have completed the 14thweek and i did ask if i could rejoin the LL managment at a later date if i felt i needed to but again my LLC was very vague and said she will have to check with head office...anyhoos im pleased i did LL but im looking forward to the change of flavours on CD and i also feel positive and confident to carry on and get the rest of the weight off !!

hey flopster

im still none the wiser after last night...my group still feel like like we are in the dark and yes i agree with what you have said about feel like you are missing out especially time with the group as we have built up a great relationship in our one too!! stevem explanation will have to do for now!!! im switching straight to CD (havent told my LLC) after i have completed the 14thweek and i did ask if i could rejoin the LL managment at a later date if i felt i needed to but again my LLC was very vague and said she will have to check with head office...anyhoos im pleased i did LL but im looking forward to the change of flavours on CD and i also feel positive and confident to carry on and get the rest of the weight off !!

Oh well, never mind lol! Good luck on Cambridge. I am sticking with LL as I think their management programme is excellent. I am also only wanting to lose another stone and a half so it didn't seem worth changing, especially as this works! Also the vast majority of our group will be going into development on Thursdays so most of us are managing to stay together which has been a major factor in me staying with LL.

Back