I'm back after having a baby & i'm nervous as anything **before & after pics**

littlemiss

Silver Member
Hi

I doubt any of you will remember me. I was on the forum daily about 2/3 years ago - i was at my heaviest...15st 2. It was Jan 2009 I saw my photos from xmas & cried, I hadn't realised I was that bad, I had slipped since I had my daughter 4 years before, i'd got lazy. It was a total shock i remember I cried for days, i weighed myself & cried more. Decided to start Jan 1st. My daughter was starting primary school in the summer of that year & i remember being so down on myself that I couldn't wear anything but black & didn't leave the house unless necessary. I had to change for my daughter & It was bloody hard & I was absolutely so hungry at times that I cried & cried. But I got thro it, it paid off & I lost 5 stone. It wasn't as much as I'd wanted but it made me look really skinny compared to what I was. I was so confident & started wearing nice things again, my daughter started school & my depression hit an all time low I couldn't handle my baby being so big I kinda lost myself for about a year then me & OH decided to TTC our second child, got my BFP almost straight away & now my baby is 8 weeks old. Needless to say the weight loss ect never got a look in the whole pregnancy. I wanted to enjoy it & I did. I've basically not been holding back, just eating whatever...for a long time so its gonna be hard to break it.

At my lowest I was 10st 6, I didn't last long at that weight and gradually increased, when I got my BFP I was 12st 6, after birth I was around 13 6 & now i'm 14.3 (exactly 1 stone less than I was at my heaviest) - Remember ladies, i'm only 5ft 3 so my weight is all out the way & my ideal weight for height is 8/9stone ish so I have around 5 stone to lose, same as before. I lost it by summer that year & I really wanna do the same this time.

I have lots to look forward to in 2010 - I get to enjoy my baby's first year. We're moving house at the end of Jan (not conf'd yet) & I go back to work from mat leave in July. So fingers crossed I can do it again.

I feel slightly better about myself than I did at my original start, I think because I was pregnant for so long & didn't care about my weight - whereas last time i'd worried about it for years.

I am a bit excited & a big bit nervous.....help

:confused:

Last edited:
Hellooooo,

Yes downloading MFP on my phone has really helped me ti be honest that should be one of the first things you do.

I was like you when pregnant with my girls and am still paying for it now. I would have had a lot less to loose if I had been sensible. We live and learn IF we ever went back for a third little person I would try and calorie count all the way through.

Good luck! You have done it before so you can definitely do it again! And you seem a lot happier than you were the last time you did it so that'll help too! :)

Thanks so much ladies, it means so much even just to know someone is listening.

I will def download that (if you can get it for android) I had it a cpl of years ago & it helped...I remember it being good for calculating cals in exercise.

I'm thinking of making a thread with my before & afters from last time...maybe give myself & others some inspiration (i'll post the link if any of you are interested) Im also gonna do weekly photos this time & a daily cal counting diary.

Scottish Bride, I was terrible with my 1st pregnancy & put on around 6 stone & 1 after...I kept the weight on til LO was 4 which is when I lost majority of it. This pregnancy I wasn't so bad, only put on 2st whole time (coz i knew from 1st time round how easy it was to gain) prob is I was already 12 stone (4st overweight) b4 I fell pg, then another 2 after makes 6 & now 8 weeks after birth another stone which makes 7. arrgghh i'm driving myself mad.

Anyway.....woke up this morning to severe diarreah coz I couldn't control my stoopid choc habit. It made me put all my weight on & I hate it, I stuffed myself stupid on the stuff last night

:cry:

Just as well I dont start diet til 1st & im dying to coz this eating sh*te is killing me

Don't be to hard on your self ;) We all have a weakness (that's why we are on this forum)

Yes I would love to see your before and after pics from last time :D

Good luck! I'm also trying to lose baby weight - it's especially hard being at home all the time but I'm hoping to stick to it from 1 Jan!

you can do it, you did before you can do it again, MFP is a lifesaver and essential in CC - well for me anyways it has totally helped me stay on track. I put on 3 stone whilst pregnant, lost 1 stone given birth and two to go plus additional weight I need to lose tallying up to 56lbs :)

Here's my before & afters. First 2 are xmas 2008 when I was at my heaviest. I started my weight loss a few days later in Jan 2009 & the last 2 pics are xmas 2009, what a difference a year makes!

Attachments

• before - xmas 08 - edit.jpg
    before - xmas 08 - edit.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_2392.jpg
    DSC_2392.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 155
  • edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 133
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 142
Wow you've done fantastically! Well done!

Wow, you did brilliantly! Photos are amazing! As someone else said, you've done it once you can do it again. Good luck :)

Back