im back on the diet wagon

mrtc

I was always skinny untill i hit 19, anyway i got propper fat, last year i started a diet with the help of this forum, i went from over 14 stone to 10 stone 10, i was very happy but after a while. Bad habits crept in again. So 2 months ago i decided to try and lose weight again. I was 11 stone 6 ish.

Im now 10 stone 8. But my question is. How the hell do you stay slim. I cant seem to find a happy medium. I either diet or i binge. I have even thought about getting therapy.

I want to stay under 11 stone but i dont seem able to be sensible with food

Last edited:
Well I would say a classic mistake is to call it a 'diet'. Diet implies a temporary change- mentally thinking of it as a 'Lifestyle change' makes it far more permanent in your head and therefore, more psychologically acceptable.

I'm not a maintainer so I can't give you advice on how to do that so maybe look in those forums? I'm sure the people there will help you!

And have you ever written down the reasons why you binge? My doctor once made me write down when I was 'hungry' and why I wanted to eat. The cases of genuine hunger were small- I was generally bored or stressed or sad or I had seen a visual trigger. Maybe doing this would be benefical for you in helping to analyse why you binge and what motivates to do so.

And you achieved so much last year- a 4st loss is amazing as is getting back to 10st 8lbs this year. Focus on your achievements and think of this as a small blip in working out how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Good luck!

omg, i hadnt drank in a while so when i had one beer, the whole diet thing flew through the window, i binged the whole weekend, i feel propper sick now

Back