[[I'm back]]

TobiiRheaStarr

Away with the faeries....
Heyyy...

I can't believe how long it has been since I have last posted on here. I used to use this forum daily but have been soooo busy lately that I haven't checked in once.

I thought I would give an update on how I am getting on.

Well for those of you that don't know, I started this journey at 25.5 stone (357.5lbs). I was morbidly obese, on crutches, suffering with SPD, sciatica, chronic fatigue and bed ridden most of the time. I had no life. I was just existing.

I still have a long way to go but life is soooo different now. I now weigh in at 19st 3.5lbs (269.5lbs). I have lost 87.5lbs so far....soooo close to being part of the Century Club!! I have lost 40" off my body (main parts that I measure) and am so much healthier, happier and fitter than I ever was.

The last time I posted, I had applied for and got a job in a baguette shop. Well I am still there. The place is manic, some of the people really drive me round the bend, the pay is naff, all of our hours have been cut, but it's a job and it has really helped with my fitness and self esteem. I had a phone call today from the manager of the chip shop around the corner from me where a friend works. He put in a good word for me and now the manager has given me a Saturday job there which I start next weekend.

Since working I am obviously a lot more active. I am on my feet from 8.30am till about 7pm most days as after I have finished work at 3pm I am straight down the gym 4 days a week. I don't go on a Wednesday as I go to weigh in and working out before hand always causes a gain due to water retention etc.

Although I still go to Slimming World classes, I do not strictly follow the plan. I know weight loss like the back of my hand now (although I'm not always as strict with myself as I should be) and as I am working out so much, I have to eat a bit more than some of the less active people in the group. My consultant is very supportive of my lifestyle and doesn't push me to follow plan, she just supports me and is there to help if I have unexpected gains or fall off the rails.

I have managed to get my bronze, silver and gold Body Magic Awards though since starting work which is great :D

On New Years Day, after years of contemplation, I returned to being vegetarian. I am really enjoying it and feeling a lot better for it. I make up for lack of protein in meat and fish by eating a lot of beans, lentils, quorn mince etc.

I still suffer with Sciatica etc, but it is much more controlled now and as long as I stay on top of my medication I don't have any pain :)

The only problems I have had health wise recently is that I brought in New Year with the ambulance crew as I was having a suspected heart attack. They put it down to a really bad anxiety attack as I had been threatened by a customer at work that day. It wasn't until I had 3 more episodes of it, with no reason for anxiety that we finally found out what was wrong. A few weeks back I was in the worst pain I can ever imagine being in. It started around 4pm on the Saturday night. I didn't sleep all night, the pain was just getting worse. Now I don't like using doctors etc unless it's really bad. So about 10pm on the Sunday night I finally caved and called NHS Direct who called 999 for me. I was taken to the hospital and put on the ECG monitor and had bloods etc taken. The results came back that I tested positive for a blood clot on the lung. So I had to have an xray and then was taken down to be injected with and breathe in radioactive fluids/gases and scanned. These came back negative and the hospital sent me home with paracetamol, brufen and cocodamol fobbing me off saying it was probably heartburn. My Mom came to collect me and as I was still in agony we went to my GP. He gave me an urgent scan form and the following day I had an ultrasound which confirmed that I had gallstones as my Mom and I had suspected. All the women in my family have been diagnosed with them and had to have their gall bladder removed. The sonographer told me it was more than likely caused by such large weight loss and change in eating habits, and the pain brought on by eating fatty foods when my body isn't used to them anymore. So now I have to keep my diet under 5% fat, similar to the Xenical "diet". Which I am hoping (when I can stick to it) will really help my weight loss.

Anyway, sorry for rabbiting on. I've just realised how much of an essay this entry is. I just thought I would update you all. I will try to add some photos if I can figure out how to do it again.

Tara for now...

Tobii <3

Attachments

• 205169_209425345753636_100000585152674_712862_7366688_n.jpg
    205169_209425345753636_100000585152674_712862_7366688_n.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,483
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,460
Congrats on the second job!!!! :) You should be so pleased with yourself for having the perseverance to get to the gym 4x a week. So glad that there are medicines for your pain too, pain makes everything harder.

I have heard that women who lose weight can suffer from gallstones! I recently had an episode (the only one I've ever had) with my gallbladder that had me doubled over in pain... I was already eating pretty low fat so wasn't sure what else I was supposed to do! :p

Hope you have the time to visit minimins on a regular basis again. Loved your story, hope to hear more about your progress! :wavey:

Just wanted to say hi, and well done.

Your weight loss and lifestyle change is fantastic, your pictures are amazing and you are an inspiration!!

Keep up with the good work! Xx

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Wow what a moving story you've made fantastic progress, welldone so far and may it continue welcome back.

Wow! Well done, what amazing losses!

Thankyou everyone for the kind words. I definitely want to keep trying to post here when I get the chance to. I know it has helped in the past.

I have been sooo naughty for the past few weeks. I came down with a really bad cold and cough so was just eating whatever I liked, then it was my sons 3rd birthday 2 weeks ago so lots of cakes etc and Easter today. In the past 3 weigh ins I have gained 1.5lbs, gained 4lbs and lost 0.5lbs.

If I carry on the way I am it's just going to be excuse after excuse. So now is the time to kick my a$$ into gear again!! I went back to the gym on Thursday after a 2.5 week hiatus but won't be back until Tuesday due to the bank holiday weekend. I am going to go back to 4 weekly workouts and back to eating properly, NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

How is everyone else getting on? Managed to stay on plan over Easter?

xx

Well I hit the 18st mark.....and then boom, binging came back.

Rewind a few weeks. My baguette shop job came to an end. They decided they couldn't afford some staff so cut our hours to zilch. So I thought sod it and found myself a new job. I now work as a taxi operator. Mainly working nights 11pm-7am which has made things hard on the weightloss front. I am still working at the chippy so working anything up to 50+ hours a week now.

My gym closed down. I transferred to another branch but it is at least an hour away and 2 buses. I have only made it up there once in the last month. Pitiful but not much I can do about it. I'm either working or asleep.

2 weeks ago I gained 2lbs. Last week I didn't go to weigh in as I was on shift. For 3 weeks I haven't stopped eating crap. It's all down to working evenings and nights, some nights I am working both jobs so 14 hour nights and then sleeping in the day. I don't have the time or energy to make anything healthy, in fact I have only cooked once since starting my new job on my birthday, 3rd July.

I really need some help. I am getting married next October. We won our wedding in a newspaper competition but I will write more about that at another time. I don't want to be a fat bride (again). I have that as motivation but due to commitments and lack of time etc it's still not enough.

I don't want to slip into old habits. I have a friend, that many people on here will know...Kiira. We both started at the same weight at the same time. 25st give or take half a stone. She is now 8st odd and has just had a tummy tuck and looks amazing....17st down!!!!!!! That could have been me. That still could be me, but I need to get myself back on the straight and narrow.

Basically I need some help. Not nasty words, I am putting myself down enough at the moment. I feel like a big failure and am so annoyed with myself. But I really want things to keep going the way they were. I just know at the moment I can't go to the gym, at least until this membership is up (about 4 months) then I can sign up top a closer gym and have more chance of going.

Well it's 3am so I am going to try to sleep as my best bud is coming over for drinks and wedding talk tomorrow night, my only day off for the next week or so.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

xxx

Hey, life happens and it throws us off big time!!! I'm glad you came back to the forum in any case. :) I have no idea what I'd do if I were working nights. Do you live on a street with a sidewalk? I don't myself, so walking isn't an option for me unless I drive to a safe location. If you do, then even speed walking for 20 minutes a few times a week would help give your metabolism a little boost, especially if you do it at the start of the day, because that drives your metabolism up for the entire day, especially if you eat a healthy breakfast as well.

Or, do you have room in your home to do a little exercise? I recommend the 30 Day Shred, or Leslie Sansone walking DVDs (she is the easiest person to follow, no weird complicated steps that could cause you to break your ankle!!!). I know these cost money though, and I don't want to assume you have money just spilling out of your pockets, because I know I certainly don't! :eek:

What are some healthy foods that you honestly enjoy? I don't like sticking with the same foods for too long, I get bored and sick of them.

Do you have a stash of SW sitting in the pantry? Is this no longer an option? If not, I might suggest going the "healthy" route -- starting by eliminating sugars and foods with white flour and other starches. And eat PROTEIN!!! :) That helps to keep me fuller longer. Protein, fiber, and good fats found in nuts... those are helpful. :)

I know that you know yourself better than I do of course, but those are some of my suggestions. I hope you can find something that works for you. Remember it will take some schedule flexibility and possibly sacrificing time for other things you'd rather be doing. We are all here for you :)

Welcome back. You can do this. Just get back on the track, start by deciding to and then focus on why you want this. You can do this, once you make up your mind noone and nothing can stop you!

Hey, life happens and it throws us off big time!!! I'm glad you came back to the forum in any case. :) I have no idea what I'd do if I were working nights. Do you live on a street with a sidewalk? I don't myself, so walking isn't an option for me unless I drive to a safe location. If you do, then even speed walking for 20 minutes a few times a week would help give your metabolism a little boost, especially if you do it at the start of the day, because that drives your metabolism up for the entire day, especially if you eat a healthy breakfast as well.

Or, do you have room in your home to do a little exercise? I recommend the 30 Day Shred, or Leslie Sansone walking DVDs (she is the easiest person to follow, no weird complicated steps that could cause you to break your ankle!!!). I know these cost money though, and I don't want to assume you have money just spilling out of your pockets, because I know I certainly don't! :eek:

What are some healthy foods that you honestly enjoy? I don't like sticking with the same foods for too long, I get bored and sick of them.

Do you have a stash of SW sitting in the pantry? Is this no longer an option? If not, I might suggest going the "healthy" route -- starting by eliminating sugars and foods with white flour and other starches. And eat PROTEIN!!! :) That helps to keep me fuller longer. Protein, fiber, and good fats found in nuts... those are helpful. :)

I know that you know yourself better than I do of course, but those are some of my suggestions. I hope you can find something that works for you. Remember it will take some schedule flexibility and possibly sacrificing time for other things you'd rather be doing. We are all here for you :)

Hey thankyou for taking the time to message back. I do live on a sidewalk so that is a possibility. Some nights I walk to work, which is about 1.5-2 miles either way. I have tried Leslie Sansone and 30 Day Shred and am going to buy the DVDs I think. (Last time I downloaded them). I'm also going to buy Billy Blanks I think 'cos I love his stuff! We have just been given another TV (ours is on a coin meter so runs out a lot). We have put it at the other end of the front room so I can use it for workout DVDs :)

Healthy foods wise I like fruit, veg, brown rice, pasta, pearl barley, salad, I make a mean Quorn bolognese stuffed full of veg and beans (got one cooking as we speak). I also make a lovely Puy Lentil and vegetarian sausage casserole. Also the good old jacket spud and beans. The thing is. I know it ALL like the back of my hand, I've been doing it for years and medicine including diet is a big interest of mine anyway. It's just laziness and life getting in the way.

Well I have some good news anyway. I have just been weighed and......even after all the binging, I have lost 3.5lbs this week. Taking me into the 17s....17st 12.5 woohoooo!!!

I HAVE LOST 7st 9lbs!!!!!!!!!

Fab!!! And I know exactly what you mean about knowing what to do but just not having a flame under you to do it. I have totally been there :eek: It sounds like you have a really good exercise plan arranged; I do Billy Blanks on occasion too. :D:D:D

Hey everyone,

Well I went to weigh in tonight. Gained 4.5lbs, tbh I was expecting at LEAST 7lbs with the fact that I haven't eaten anything but takeout in 2 weeks. Seriously bad totm and just everything got on top of me. But ... I went to Asda Tuesday night and stocked up on healthy food just for me and since that have done ok. I am going to post todays food diary, let me know what you think. Bear in mind I haven't actually stuck to plan in MONTHS just eaten ok so it might not be perfect. I follow green days as I'm vegetarian.

On other news. Some of you may know that I have 5 children. 3 live with myself and my Fiance and 2 live with their Dad. The Dad of my other two hasn't let me see them in four years, well twice over a year ago. I had a message and a phonecall from his girlfriend to say that my daughter has been asking after me and that she has been pushing him to let me see them. She said that he had agreed as long as he and I have no contact, which is fine by me. She asked me if I would like to have them Friday to Monday each weekend and she would meet me at the local park with them. I am so happy and looking forward to it I just hope to God he doesn't let me down. It's all I have wanted in years. My other 3 kids are so excited too if he lets us down it would kill me.

Now I have to think about where to sleep them, work, feeding, clothing, etc etc. My house is gonna be hectic lol but it's all for a good cause.

Anyways, here's todays food diary.

Healthy Extras

A - 250ml ss milk
A - 250ml ss milk
B - 2 Alpen Lights
B - 2 Dairylea Strips

Syns

4 - wholemeal wrap
2 - 2 tbsp bbq sauce
2.5 - Weight Watchers caramel hot chocolate sachet

Free Food

Quorn mince