Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Original I'm confused with the plan.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lisa123, 12 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lisa123

Lisa123 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I may have the wrong end of the stick but what IS the Point in red days. On ee I can have as much meat and potatos etc as I like and one hex. On red I can have my potatos as a hex b but as much meat as I like. I can't see how red days work. If I had a potato as my hexb that leaves Me with one hexb left to have which would be the same if I was doing ee. I hope someone can understand what I'm going on about. X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    People would choose red if they wanted to restrict their carbs, if they didn't want to follow the third superfree rule (EE) or if they wanted 2 HexA and 2 Hexb's. HTH!

4. Bige

Bige Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    But on red days you can't eat for example, as much pasta as you want along with other things. I do red days nearly all the time as if I did EE I think I would cheat as it's not restrictive enough for me personally.
    I also like having 2 healthy extra's of A and B. You need to find the plan that suits you and your lifestyle

Good luck
    Bige

5. determinator

determinator Banned

I do understand . Red and green days were the origanal plans on SW and way it worked was that if you dont mix carbs and protein in a day you loose weight .....and any carbs you do have (HEB ) are limited to a small amount so you dont over do them .
    I do red days and dont often use pasta or potatoes as a HE B as i like to have cereal and then scan bran or cereal bars for lunch , but if i did , it would be a measured amount of brown pasta or rice . I know that carbs bloat me and on EE I was able to overstuff the white carbs and didnt loose very well .
    I love red days now and use butternut squash as a potato substitute and it wokrs better for me .
    If you dont like it , then go back to EE :D

6. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

You can only have as much meat & potatoes as you like as long as 1/3 of your meal is superfree foods ie... veg or salad etc

7. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have a red day if i want some meat, and cereal and bread as well in a day, I am learning you dont need potatos, i used to have them all the time now if i want meat i have swede chips or mash

8. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I love Red days - cos i can have the hugest steak EVER!!! and not have to worry about adding a third of superfree for every meal.

Carbs bloat me - so i only have them in moderation. So an EE/Green day isnt going to help me.....so i choose red, cos then i get 2 HEA and 2 HEB choices - yum yum yum.

I think if you have only done SW since EE was introduced i can see why you would be a little confused....i am 'old school' and love Red days and i am used to them - but do have the odd EE day each week to maintain a healthy balanced eating plan.

x

9. kookiethekat

kookiethekat Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.85%)
    Diet:
    Whole30/Paelo/Primal
    WOW Ellebell - looks at you, stunning, you look fabulous

I am also going to be doing mainly red days. I just can't get my head around EE and also want to restrict my carbs as much as possible. I won't be having any bread (it bloats me)

10. graciebabes

graciebabes will hit target this time

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i like to do either red or green days in place of extra easy as i struggle to get 1/3 of superfree food onto my plate, as i'm not overly keen on salad or veg. i do eat alot of fruit though, so often if i do an extra easy day i make sure i have fruit for afters. everyone's different, it's just finding something that works for you! :]

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.