im confusing myself...

nettie

Gold Member
hiya ladies, can someone help me get to grips with the EE please??
am i right that i can eat any food at mealtimes which is free on red or green
syns are counted at the lower value
i have 1 B and 2As

but i have a few questions:
if i was having an EE day do all my meals that day have to have a combination of red and green or could i for example have jacket potatoe and beans

also do my snacks have to be those that can be free on either day, ie, super free foods, or can it be for example a noodle mug shot which is free on green.

im just confused how this can make you lose weight???!
do you think you lose weight just as quickly on EE as on red or green?
thanks very much for your help everyone, im finding this difficult doing it from home all alone :sigh:

i think its a bit daunting when youre used to red and green x

You don't have to mix the foods at every meal, so JP and beans etc is fine.
Snacks don't have to be superfree, they can be any free food.
I think that weight losses are comparable but i think that the recommendation that a third of each meal is superfree helps with the weight loss.

hiya nettie....good for you doing it at home! must be hard tho..i tried but couldnt do it....

ee looks confusing to me too..
1xa
1xb

as much free food from the list in the ee book

you have to fill your plate at each meal with 1/3 of superfree food - listed and has a star printed above the list...pages 4 - 7 look for superfree

jkt pot and beans is fine...but maybe you could have salad made up from superfree foods.....or a bowl of superfree fruits after? either way its the superfree foods you need to make sure your having at each meal....and i think snacking has to be superfree food- cos they are foods free on either green or red....

sins id err on side of caution and count higher value unless its a big difference

ugh!! at mugshots lol...dunno bout that one lol

it helps lose weight cos you are actually limiting the amount of red and green food at any given meal.and upping the superfree without even realising it....best of both worlds if you like your meat.....not thst helpful to me cos im
99% veggie lol

ive lost nigh on 2.5 stone in 11-12 weeks following green so cant comment on how good the ee is...
x

Yes, you can have any food at mealtimes which is free on red or green, and when it is syned, take the lowest.
It is suggested to help shift weight faster 1/3 of your plate should be veg. Not vital but it does speed the weight loss.
You can only have 1A an 1B Hex and not 1B and 2As
You do not have to have a combination of red/green at all meals. You can have whatever is free on both plans.
That applies to snacks too. Whatever is free or super free on either plan you can eat to your hearts content.
It does pay, to be sensible though and eat until full and not pig out!
Don't doubt it, it does work.
Good luck!

it does seem straight forward now and it would only really be my main evening meal that i would have EE as i have a free breakfast of fruit/yoghurt and i would have a sandwich or something similar for lunch if i get time as i cant really plan a work day... i never know whats going to happen on a daily basis, but id like my evening meal to be meat, potatoes and veg or rice meat and veg. so would that be ok?? x

I only do EE now, as it is so simple & filling! I have lost more weigth doing EE than I did doing green/red, as I find its easier to stick to.

you have to fill your plate at each meal with 1/3 of superfree food -

its the superfree foods you need to make sure your having at each meal....and i think snacking has to be superfree food- cos they are foods free on either green or red....

sins id err on side of caution and count higher value unless its a big difference

it helps lose weight cos you are actually limiting the amount of red and green food at any given meal.

x

All this is actually wrong, if this was ee i would be dodging it, but actually its much more straight forward.
+You dont have to have 1/3 superfree at meals- thats a suggestion if u wanted to boost weightloss above the normal.
+You dont have to snack superfree.
+The syns u count the lowest one. thems the rules, why make it harder?
+ youre not really limiting anything

EE is great, IF you get the plan right. i think a lot of people are scepticasl about it but the weight losses are there to back it up. Try it :D

im definatly going to try it as it seems like its alot easier especially for eating out and as a family. i think this is going to help me alot over the christmas period. thanks for your help everyone x

I was skeptical too Nettie, but after a week have lost 3lb which for me is brilliant. Tried SW before to no avail as did green everyday and then struggled with having the odd red day and not knowing what I could have, so the EE suits me fine.
Have friends who have had fantastic results so I know it can be done.. Wishing you lots of luck with it x

I have been doing the EE and I find it really easy now I have got my head around it. I tend to use my HEXa & B for breakfast, fruit for snacks, lunch is usually a h/made soup, jacket pot and for evening meal, the 1/3 of each as already mentioned. I am never hungry. I love EE x

Back