Im doing it this time...

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Hello,
Im starting a diary in here to keep track of my weight loss and goals. Im 34 and I have 3 small boys. The youngest is 1 week and the oldest is nearly 4, so life is busy. Ive been overweight since I got pregnant with my first son and Im sick of it, Im sick of feeling uncomfortable with no nice clothes and dreading the few occasions I do get to go to.
I want to be a healthy mum and a good example to my boys, and not constantly moaning about my weight and being on a diet.
I am breastfeeding exclusively at the moment so firstly Im going to eat healthy and gradually start some gentle exercise (I had a c-section). Im following the No S diet - basically it is, No snacks, No Sweets and No seconds except on days beginning with an S. So its pretty manageable and fine to do with breastfeeding (I did check with my midwife).
I expect the losses to be slow with it really, and once I finish feeding I may review to something a little quicker - Im going to be 130lbs by my 35th birthday in April.

I have tried loads of diets in the past and I was pretty hopeless at sticking to anything, but this time I am determined. I sick of whinging about my weight I just want to feel/look slim fit and healthy onece and for all. I will do it this time!!

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all:)

Well so far so good, Im loving this diet so far. Its hard in a way, you can,t pick at snacks at all which I love to do, but it feels very healthy also, and I feel once I get used to it it will get easier and easier. So my first weigh in will be next Thursday.

I changed my WI to Wednesday's and I've lost 5lbs - woo hoo! So onwards and downwards, I'm sure breastfeeding is helping too :)

Thanks Mandy!

I'm feeling very sad today, I had a c section and have a wound infection, the anti biotics aren't working enough so I have to take stronger ones and stop breast.feeding. I'm being very silly but I feel like I've failed him :( I can express and try and feed again in a week but it will be hard to manage with 2 toddlers and a new born.

No failure there girl! Your baby needs you happy and healthy Give yourself a break, you're doing great - & thank goodness for good formula milk! I had to rear all my 4 on it and none of them have had a day off school through sickness. (had 4 c sections too - they're not as easy as the press would have you believe! Lol!) Don't put any more pressure on yourself, just help yourself recover

Thanks!!
I am feeling a little better now, I feed him in the morning before I take my antibiotic and thats it really, expressing was too time consuming and not fair on my other boys. My diet has kinda gone to pot though. I dont really know what Im doing Im considering:
a) weightwatchers - probably online
b) exante ts - in 4/5 weeks
c) my own diet i.e. eat three meals only per day and I small treat (this is what Im doing now but failing at it)
d) skipping all diets until Jan

Im so sick of being on a diet/thinking about losing weight, and failing. Im tempted to just start exante in January and sort it out once and for all and get to a healthy weight and then learn to make peace with food and maintain. In fact I think that is what I will do, ill just try and eat healthy until then and lose a few pounds so I have a bit less to lose.

Good luck with what ever plan you decide on, loosing weight is a right nightmare, but is worthwhile in the end

Thanks!!
I am feeling a little better now, I feed him in the morning before I take my antibiotic and thats it really, expressing was too time consuming and not fair on my other boys. My diet has kinda gone to pot though. I dont really know what Im doing Im considering:
a) weightwatchers - probably online
b) exante ts - in 4/5 weeks
c) my own diet i.e. eat three meals only per day and I small treat (this is what Im doing now but failing at it)
d) skipping all diets until Jan

Im so sick of being on a diet/thinking about losing weight, and failing. Im tempted to just start exante in January and sort it out once and for all and get to a healthy weight and then learn to make peace with food and maintain. In fact I think that is what I will do, ill just try and eat healthy until then and lose a few pounds so I have a bit less to lose.

Sounds fair enough, especially if you try and be fairly healthy in what you do until then. You've got a lot on at the moment and concentrating on the healthy side of things might be a good way to look after yourself and get a bit of weight off as a wee bonus! This is truly a nightmare time of year to try to start anything really restrictive if your head isn't "in the zone".
I'm doing WW at home myself - was doing it online but reckoned I didn't want to pay the monthly fee any more. I have a points calculator app for my phone.
You've done really well so far, it seems sensible to take it gently until the New Year and then see what you feel like. Good Luck with it whatever you decide!

Back