im doing rubbish at this!

nettie

Gold Member
why cant i just blummin stick to a flipping diet for more than a week?!
I give in so easily and slimming world is surely the easiest plan in the world and cant do it!
i'm so angry with myself, no wonder i'm so blummin fat... i'm such a failure!
been so bad all week! I'm going back to red and green and starting right back at the basics, i did this so easily 4 years ago and so frustrated with myself!
sorry to rant and i understand if no one replies, just needed to let it out :sigh::mad::confused::(

Awww I know what you mean, sometimes however hard you try you just can't 'click' into it :( I started SW about 5 years ago and lost about 6 stone, then had a bit of a life crisis and put it all back on again, and more. :cry: Ive tried endless times since then but it never worked, I only lasted a few weeks :sigh: Then suddenly Ive started again and Im up to 2 1/2 stone so far, I dont know why, its just suddenly clicked for me again, totally unfathomable as to why Im managing to stick to it again at last. I just hope I can stick it out long enough :/

Hope it 'clicks' for you again soon. You're not a failure! You're doing your best, I dont know why, some times its just easier than others. Take a breather and start again tomorrow :)

Im new around here so hope you dont mind my nattering :wave_cry: only just poking my head in and out the rooms round here.

Yep right there with you, I lost my focus for about a month, I gained, lost about 0.5lb then STS at WI on Wednesday and since then it has clicked for me.
Perfect example, for dessert I chose a pear instead of a chocolate pudding because I know I am using my syns at the weekend. I feel really good about it. Anyway my point is it will click for you, you have succeeded before and you will do it again. Good luck

Im just the same. I started nearly a month ago and so far I have not had one week at 100% this last week has been terrible!!!

I can stick to it 100% all day, its just when I get home from work and I end up eating stuff I shouldn't :-(

Im doing lots of cooking this weekend so I dont reach for the take a breaks!!

Im sure we can do this tho we just have to have faith in ourselves and keep going :)

Thankyou everyone, I feel like a bit of a fool posting all that as I know it's no one elses fault but my own. Need to be back on track tomorrow and I'm going to save my syns for tuesday as I'm going for food and drinks at a friends house, I know I won't be drinking alot due to it being a work day on wednesday and we are all taking food so I'll make sure I take SW friendly food. I've also seen loads of new clothes I want and I am not allowing myself to have them until I lose a dress size.... by then I'm sure there will be much more I have my eye on lol x

I did SW a few years ago and found it easy, maybe it was because I was going to meetings. I started again 3 months ago and have only lost 9lbs. It still needs to click with me. Good luck, I know we will get there

I think I need to back to group. I don't think I realised the benefits last time and this time I thought there is no point paying £5 just to get weighed but now I really think it's worth every penny.
I am going to try and get a group running at my work

Awww hun dont be disheartened, go back to group, I T really does work and if your c is any good she will give you every help. Stick with it, try new recipes, talk to your friends at S W, get every help you can, go online with S W, and enjoy. You will get there!

i did SW first time last jan 10, and lost half stone and felt brill, but i also started to go off plan and i didnt find my leader that good tbh , so i left class

but this time im in the 'zone' and doing it on my own from home as i do have all the books and i really want to shift the 3 stone as a min to get into size 10/12 clothes, im sick of wearing frumpy clothes at my age......i want to feel slim and sexy lol but thats in my mind i know, but its given me the push i need

i just think you need to be in the Zone to do it

My way of thinking is that i NEED that accountability. I need to stand and weigh in front of someone once a week. And if i have to pay them a fiver to do it then so be it. I can eat a fivers worth of junk food in a couple of hours, so it's a small price to pay.
Go back to group, it really does make a huge difference, and the very best of luck. You can do this!!!

Nettie babe hang in there. I'm having a crisis with it too and it's not for want of trying I just can't seem to get the weight to bloody budge.

My first couple of weeks I had to relearn stuff and I can't say I didn't find it confusing sometimes..(It really pisses you off that some people have huge losses too!)...I'm still not sure I'm getting it right but I'm hanging in there because the other option is just saying bugger it and going back home to the cream cakes....that ain't gonna happen. You are not a failure hun.

Thanks everyone, I am re starting tomorrow and I now feel that I am in the right place and ready to do it. I get so down some days, I'm 26, a mother of 2, studying at the moment and hopefully going to uni in september, I'm the deputy manager of a childrens centre and hopefully soon to be manager... I know I deserve to feel better about myself! If I can fit all that into my life I can make the adjustments to my lifestyle and lose this chub! xx

With me, going to the group doesn't help much. If my mind is not focused the group can't help me either..haha..

To be honest, I always fall off the wagon when I get bored with the free food because I can't think of any more recipes and everything I cook just tasted boring. But this time I started to make myself a list with my favourite recipes that taste just as nice or even nicer than the original recipe. I am very much a confort food person. So I need substitutes and I tend to nibble a LOT!!

So I started my own recipe book with recipes I don't only think they are OK but absolutely delicious. There is a lot of free food on SW that I don't like (certain vegetable, fromage fraise, quorn, sweeteners etc) so I completely avoid them. Losing weight doesn't mean we have to shovel food down our throat that we don't like just because they are healthy. I am also very much a black and white person - so if I eat something "wrong" I end up buying myself a whole Battenberg or Fish & Chips to make it even worse (a balanced diet is a bar of chocolate in each hand..you know :) ..so I really need water proof recipes/ tweaks that convince me that healthy foods can taste just as nice as the unhealthy version. So I started with a yummy spagetti carbonara recipe that I adapted to my needs, a cheescake recipe and the pancake recipe I found on SW. To have such recipes at hand is really good when you get bored or frustrated. Whenever I fall off the wagon I usually reached the point where I just lived off Muller Yogurts, Porridge for breakfast and fruit rather than trying to cook something nice - I just get lazy. But I don't like Muller Yogurts that much and I get bored of porridge and fruit. That's why I stopped doing SW. Now, after gaining 2.5 stone again, I really pulled myself together and made sure that I have my "first-aid" recipes to hand:)

Try it! It really makes a difference to me!

Nets - it sounds like you're doing so much so do try not to beat yourself up when you have a little blip. You're already doing all those things already...you will do this too!x

I also have started a recipe file, its a lot easier than searching on websites or through the mags. You will get there just keep on. I know how you feel when others are having large losses, never really happens to me, but I am getting there, chipping away losing slowly, but still losing. I also need the accountability of group W I, and with me having a Monday W I makes me very good at the weekend. You will get there Nettie, just keep going!

Thanks everyone, I don't know what I would do without you all.
My life is so hectic sometimes that its easier to eat crap than think about the next meal etc. Going food shopping tomorrow and going to find some recipes and plan the week xx

Back