I'm drifting and it's got to stop

JanBow

Just little things here and there but it's affecting my weight loss, it's slowing down and I'm getting out of the habit of being 100%. So the odd glass of wine, a bit of cheese, not weighing my protein allowance, or milk allowance and having too much, it's these sort of things and I can feel it's starting to slide and I really do need to put a stop to it once and for all. I've still got 19lbs to lose, and I really, really want to get there before Christmas, it's do-able but I need to get back to 100% to do it.

I think I've just got a bit bored with it as I'm just over the half-way mark and having lost 2 stone, I can see and feel the difference so it's easy to relax a bit, I don't have the same urgency, desperation that I had 2 stone ago, but I know if I stop now then the weight will go back on, I have to get to my goal and I mustn't let me sabotage it!!!

Your post rings rally true with me to. I am in exactly the same boat- this week it has just been little things- a taste of the OH's dessert, a sip of wine etc but it all adds up, then today I went for a Sunday roast with family. I was planning on just doing meat and allowed veg but ended up having gravy an a yorskhire pudding AND then had dessert. Feel awful now. Maybe we can motivate each other? I have another 15lbs to lose, aiming for Christmas. Back 100% now.

Good idea, we're so close now and I know how stupid it would be to let this slip away. We can do this and be slim by Christmas! x

Sometimes it can be so difficult. I have a hideous picture of myself on my kitchen wall that looks at me every time I go in there. I'm already 4 stone lighter than I was in that picture, and there is no way I'm going back there again. My worry is because I don't have a final point I want to get to, I'll drift in a while, but I think I have to keep refocusing and reassessing my goals - so for now I've set goal dates up to Christmas in stones - 3 stone off by Christmas, then I've set more up to my holiday in May - 50lb, 60lb etc. I am keeping in mind how amazing I'm going to feel at our family Christmas party when I'll get lots of compliments on how I've done, each time I think about the drift, I replace it with that thought - and it seems to work. I'm also looking foward to needing an entirely new wardrobe for my holiday - and thats a great incentive!

It is so hard but I just refuse to eat anything that is not on plan.

I fail every diet I have ever been on and I really do not want to fail this one. I cant ever remember the last time I was a 16, have slimmed to an 18 before but never a 16. I am wearing just about everything in a size 18 now so really want to get to a 16 and prove that I can do it.

I just cannot afford to drift

Back