I'm finally doing it!

josie!

Hiya everyone!

I've been looking around on this website for the past week and a bit and have found you all so helpful and supportive toward one another that I thought "what the hell am I waiting for to sign up".

I literally come on here 2 or 3 times a day whether it be for syn values, recipe ideas or just to generally look for a bit of guidance on the diet and now I would love to join you and most of all have your support!

I am 20 years old and overweight and I am fed up with it! I'm fed up with stressing out about what clothes will fit or what will cover all the flabby bits. I'm fed up with the judgement and ridicule but most of all fed up with the constant worry of one day deteriorating health because of what comes with being overweight.

I've never done a diet before - not properly - so now I am and I am 3 days into my second week and have found Slimming World perfect, although I've only lost 5lbs, to me, that is AMAZING! I am aiming for in 6 months to at least have lost a few stone, I know it's a lot to ask of myself but I'm sure I can do it.

So to wrap it up, any advice, inspiration or tips you have to offer me will be VERY much appreciated and in turn I'd love to offer you all my support to whoever needs/wants it!

Here's to a long but fulfilling journey!

Josie welcome. you have done well losing 5lbs. It takes a couple of weeks to getting used to the plan. Keep with it and stay positive and the weight will drop off.

Ahhh thank you floweryrosie! I was starting to get worried nobody would read it haha!

I'm really enjoying the diet, in fact it doesn't even feel like a diet! I love all the yummy food and love the flexibility of it!

Thank you for your kind reply! Your weight loss is brilliant also! I can't wait to get into the swing of it properly and start noticing the weight loss!

X

Hi Josie,

I am much the same as you iam 24 and been following slimming world for 3 weeks now, ive been looking at this site on and off and decided to join today too :)
Ive put off loosing weight for so long, at the end of the day it was pure indenial. The main reason i want to loose weight is my health, iam fed up of dreading flights of stairs and worrying about my health secondly it is cosmetic iam fed up of making do with clothes just because they fit my shape I love fashion and want to be able to dress in all the nice things my friends get to :(
Iam so glad that ive finally took this step even though i nearly cried when i looked at the scales :(
Good luck in your weight loss, hopefully we can inspire eachother!
xxxx

Hiya Toni!

Thanks for your lovely reply!

It's nice speaking to people that feel the same way you do! Knowing that you aren't the only one that is fed up of the same things!

You've done brilliantly in your weight loss so far! I hope to keep on losing weight like you are, I lost 5lbs in my first week and am sooo excited to get on them scales at the end of the week!

I've taken up swimming too in a private pool. I knew I needed to exercise too and swimming was my favourite when I was younger but I'd never get in a cozzie in front of strangers so I found a woman that hires out her swimming pool for private sessions and it is wicked! I can already feel myself getting fitter!

I hope you stay in touch and we can support each other through the coming weeks/months!

X

Hi Josie!

Well done on making the decision to change your life! I know what it's like to have problems with clothes - just shopping in fat womens shops (as I call them). But I can say that after a few months on slimming world I'm healthier, happier and smaller! Keep it up!! If you want support I'm offering you mine (only accept if you want honesty!) lol!

I would love your support. And I am as honest as it gets so no problems there lol!

:)

Hi Josie, sorry for late reply! I lost this thread for a while lol! still getting to grips with site.
Welldone for the exercise aswell, swimmings my fav :) it does take alot of guts to get in a swimming costume when you dont feel comftable so welldone for that aswell :)
How you finding things this week? xx

Back