I'm getting fed up now

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Week 6 weigh in and I've stayed the same!:mad: How??!! Ok, so I've had flu since Thursday but I've been SSing then went up to 810 Friday and yesterday because I was ill. Surely this cant have stopped me losing weight?! I've never STS :confused:
Ill or not, I'm back on SS. I'm never going to reach my goal by Thursday now :cry: Both my goals wil have to be after new year now! Oh, Im so cross and fed up that its all slowed down and now stopped!:(

Week 6 weigh in and I've stayed the same!:mad: How??!!

Awww Hugs :hug99: Frustrating isn't it.

Remember though that you are talking about weight loss here and not fat loss. I assume you want to lose fat and weight and fat loss don't always run in close enough parallel.

when you've been poorly, the body often retains a little more water, but you've still lost the same amount of fat.

Ill or not, I'm back on SS. I'm never going to reach my goal by Thursday now

What's your goal? To lose fat on a plan that you can do, or weight at whatever the cost. Fat loss is pretty much the same for both plans.

KD, my goal was just to get to 10stone by 17th Dec. I knew I would not reach my overall goal til after the New Year but that was ok. This last week, I even went back to the soups rather than the bars (which I love) to see if it would shift weight a bit quicker. But looking at my recent losses, I'd have lost the same amount doing a diet like slimming world and I wouldnt be hungry on that! But I would never have achieved a huge weight loss that way (been there and tried that :D).
Its just me and my hang ups, KD. Size 12 I might be, but all I still see is a fat person.:(

KD, my goal was just to get to 10stone by 17th Dec. I knew I would not reach my overall goal til after the New Year but that was ok. This last week, I even went back to the soups rather than the bars (which I love) to see if it would shift weight a bit quicker. But looking at my recent losses, I'd have lost the same amount doing a diet like slimming world and I wouldnt be hungry on that! But I would never have achieved a huge weight loss that way (been there and tried that :D).
Its just me and my hang ups, KD. Size 12 I might be, but all I still see is a fat person.:(

Okay, firstly you wouldn't have lost the same amount of fat on another diet. Not unless you were seriously undereating. It's all calories in vs calories out.

Secondly, you can't control your weight, so it's pretty pointless having weight as a 'time' goal. You can control your fat loss to a certain extent, and you can control what you eat (or not eat), but weight will be a law unto itself.

It sounds like you have been doing brilliantly. 100% :clap:

Don't be frustrated. Be proud. You can't do better than 100% that's amazing stuff :clap:

Thanks KD. I dont look at weight and fat in the same way. In fact, I dont look at fat at all when I look at losing weight. Its all about weight loss with me. Seems I need to get my head around it.
I have never done before and after photos, cos usually I'm behind the camera and not in front of. I will try for my Christmas party, then maybe I can convince myself its not so bad...lol.

In fact, I dont look at fat at all when I look at losing weight. Its all about weight loss with me.

Ahhh, I see. So maybe Cambridge isn't for you. Maybe you need the amputation diet. Get weight loss first, fat loss 2nd with that :clap:

Proceedure............................... Estimated Immediate Weight Loss
Clip finger and toenails ........1 ounce maximum
Haircut......................................2-6 ounces
Drastic Haircut / Headshave.....4-12 ounces
Trim Body Hair ........................ 1 oz. (ladies) 3 oz. (men) 24 lbs (Greek men)
Remove a wart ...........................1 oz.
Take a diuretic ........................ 1-3 pounds (temporary)
Take a laxative......................... 1-2 pounds (temporary)
Colon Therapy/Take an Enema ...................2-3 pounds (temporary)
Poop.............................................. 0-2 pounds (temporary)
Run a marathon on a hot day...3 lbs (women), 5 lbs (men) (temporary)
Amputate your arm ..................10-25 lbs (way too permanent)
Amputate your leg.....................15-45 lbs (again, not advised)
Vascetomy.....................................none .
Take a big pee.............................up to 1.5 pounds
Take a big dump .........................up to 2.5 pounds
Go barefoot .................................1-2 pounds
Go Naked .....................................1-8 pounds (summer vs. winter)
Contact lenses vs. Glasses..........0.3 pounds
No liquids all day .......................1-2 pounds
No food all day ..........................2-3 pounds
No salt all day ............................0-1 pound
Don't wear underwear.............. 1 oz. (thong)-2 lbs. (granny panties)
Exfoliating face wash ................nothin.
Liposuction ...................................10 lbs maximum per surgery
Donate a kidney.............................3 pounds.
Breast Reduction Surgery...........5-15 pounds typically.

That'll fix it for you :clap: :D

ROFLMAO - thats me! :D

Actually, I've simply never been taught about fat loss, seriously. Even when I used to do Slimming World. It was all about weight loss. I need re-educating!

Hi Sharon,
I stayed the same a couple of times, and also had some weeks where I felt i didnt loose much and could have done that on a 'food eating' diet...
BUT...
I always knew that I had followed the plan, whichever one I was on, to the letter, and its up to my body how it re-adjusts itself to that. I guess I just learned to accept it, and knew I couldnt have done any more. After all, a 2lb consistent loss is still very good, especially the closer you get to your goal weight.
Stay focussed and the results will show!

I tend to find weeks where the scales lie (as i call it lol) i lose bigger in inches, was you measured on your STS weeks??

Still laughing at the procedures post (clips nails) :D:D:D

i especially liked the amount of weight lost when you cut youre leg off! did cut my nails tho! haircut tommorro....!!! lol!

Blimey this is sad,but now I'm genuinelly intrigued to know how much my bangers weigh......right I think I best get on with my cleaning before I waste more toddler-free time,only an hour left before the human whirlwind returns x

Back