I'm going to get slim Starting NOW!! Any help greatly appreciated.

Strawbs28

Hello :)

Im 28 years old and I have finally after years of trying every diet going joined Slimming World as of last night I have about 2 stone 3lb id like to shift. I am doing the EE plan and it almost seems too good to be true but im still trying to get my head around it. I am going to post my food diaries to help me keep track and also so if i am going wrong hopefully you kind folks will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance xxxxx

Todays food went as following:

Breakfast: Alpen light bar (1/2 HeB), Apple.
Lunch: Asda ham and free range egg Salad Bowl
Snack: Alpen light bar (1/2 Heb), Banana
Dinner: Omelette with 3 eggs, mushrooms, onion, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, red green and yellow peppers and chicken breast. Muller
light Banana and custard.
Snack: Options belgian choc caramel (2 Syns), Pink and white (2.5 Syns), Aldi Dreamy fun size bar (4 Syns).

Total Syns: 8.5/15.

Anyone able to tell me if ive got this right please xx

Last edited:
Thank you both very much :). I am having a hard time getting my head around the plan, after being on so many diets the most recent being slim fast I find it hard to believe I can eat so much and still supposedly lose weight!! You both have done so well is there any tips you can share?

Todays Food

Breakfast: Strawberry Muller Light, Alpen light double choc bar (1/2 Hex B), Apple.
Lunch: Tomato & Herb Mugshot, Banana.
Snack: Banana, Alpen light bar (1/2 Hex B)
Dinner: Extra lean mince, courgette, onion, spring onion, mushroom, red, yellow and green peppers, carrot. Sauce made from tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, passata, mixed herbs, lea perins. New potatoes. (Dinner was a bit of an experiment lol but it turned out yummy and OH and my 4 year old enjoyed it too :))
Snack: Options Hot chocolate (2 syns), Special K chewy delight (5 syns). I put some milk in my hot choc and had 2 laughing cow lighter than light cheese triangles to try and make up some of my Hex A as i forgot it but im full up now.

Total Syns: 7/15.

I really cant see how i'm going to lose weight lol i'm eating more than ever! Ive been using meal replacements up until this monday and started on slimming world on tuesday so im hoping and praying that i will lose some weight this week, at least ill know im on the right track then. It all just seems to easy lol.

Breakfast: 2 Satsumas, Alpen light bar (1/2 Hex B), Muller light banana and custard.
Snack: Apple, shape 0%fat coconut and pineapple yogurt.
Lunch: Leftover from last nights dinner.
Dinner: Omelette made with 2 eggs and 1 egg white, onion, spring onion, red, green and yellow peppers, courgette, cherry tomatoes and 25g cheese (Hex A - I had 2
cups of tea today with a splash of milk in each so i had less cheese to make up for that), and beans.
Snack: Alpen light bar (1/2 Hex B) and Just had a caxton pink and white (2.5 syns), aldi dreamy bar (4 syns) and options hot chocolate (2 syns).

Total Syns: 8.5/15.

Hi, im here to read your diary. I started on wednesday too and im looking at losing a stone. I did SW last year got to target then fell off the wagon!

Your food looks good :) feel free to read my diary too an we can support each other x

I have subscribed to you carly :). Ive found a recipe for chocolate brownies that are apparently 1 syn a piece or 14 syns for the whole batch so im going to make them later, I really hope they are nice lol. Ive been super organized and made some soup last night to do for lunch and snacks and ive made some slimming world coleslaw so im thinking maybe some chips later and use my Hex A for cheese but ill see how i am time wise as got to go shopping when ive picked my daughter up xxx

Todays Food

Breakfast: 2 Satsumas, banana, Special K chewy delight (HexB), Cup of tea with dash of milk (1syn)
Lunch: Soup I made using Swede, turnip, carrots, onion, leeks and courgettes with a chicken and a veg stock cube and a dash of lea perins (it was yum), Strawberry
mullerlight.

Dinner: SW Chips with SW coleslaw and 30g cheese (HexA), 2 eggs fried in fry light, mushrooms fried in frylight.
Snack: Some baby plum tomatoes with a couple of spoons of SW coleslaw, blueberries and I made some low syn chocolate brownies (they are lushhhhhhh) I made icing but didnt like it so just had some without it i had 6 pieces (6 syns).
Total Syns: 7/15

OMG 1syn choc browines are lushhhhh :D I also had aldi lam shank and it was more than worth the 3.5 syns me and OH LOVED them :) Will defo be a weekly treat till we get suck of them hahaha xx

Todays Food

Breakfast: Strawberrys, satsuma, kiwi and an apple chopped up in a bowl with a shape 0% fat yoghurt. I also pinched 1 of my brownies (1 Syn)
Snack: Tea with milk, Alpen light bar (1/2 HexB)
Lunch: The rest of yesterdays soup, 1/2 packet of applebys chicken breast with tikka (.5 syn), Alpen light bar (1/2 HexB), Aldi 0%fat greek yogurt, satsuma, banana
and apple.
Dinner: Aldi lamb shank with rosemary and mint gravy (3.5 syns), New potatoes, carrot, brocolli, cauliflower.
Snack: Options hot chocolate (2 syns), Ate loads of chocolate brownies (8 syn to be on the safe side)

Total Syns: 15.

OMG first weigh in tomorrow and i must say i feel quite nervous, im due my TOTM so ive been moody and hungry all day today lol and im sat here feeling sorry for myself because i would love the mother of all chinese takeaways right now but ive done ok today so im going to do my food diary and get straight to bed.

Breakfast: 2 benefit light bars (HexB), raspberries with shape 0% yogurt and a cup of tea.

Lunch: Roast chicken mugshot, grapes and aldi 0% fat lemon greek yogurt.

Dinner: 2pieces of falafel (2syns), chicken breast, 2 quorn sausages (2syns), handfull of sweet potato chips (im guessing 2 syns as cant find any info and only had a few),
new potatoes, cottage cheese with pineapple and salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion.

(We popped to my SIL's house and had dinner there it was just a kind of buffet so i had loads of salad and just a taste of the other bits)

Snack: Aldi bubbly mini bar (4 syns), special k chewy bar (4.5 syns)

Had 4 cups of tea tofay so used my HexA for milk.

Total syns: 14.5/15

They were fab hun soooo nice with a cup of tea :)

1 Syn Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients

• 6 eggs (separated)
  • 70g Splenda (or other sweetener)
  • 60g cocoa powder (not hot chocolate)
  • 1tsp vanilla essence
  • Fry Light

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven at 180ºc, spray a baking tin with Fry Light
  2. Line with greaseproof paper
  3. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
  4. In a separate bowl add the egg yolks, sweetener, vanilla essence & cocoa
  5. Whisk until mixed but you can add a bit of water if the mixture is too stiff
  6. Then fold in the egg whites
  7. Pour the mixture into the tin
  8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

If you cut them in to 12 pieces they are a syn each and you can use quark and options to make icing but personally i didnt like it so didnt use it.

I had a good weekend thanks :) nice and chilled with my OH and kiddies. Did you do anything nice?

I had my first weigh in tonight and ive lost 2lbs :D Im over the moon!

Todays Food

Breakfast: Grapes, satsuma, 2 Alpen light bars (Hex B)

Lunch:
I made free mini quiches from a recipe i found on this site using ham as a base and eggs, cottage cheese, mushrooms, peppers and spring onions as filling,
Aldi 0%fat greek lemon yogurt.

Dinner:
Chicken breast, baked sweet potato, low fat cottage cheese with pineapple, corn on the cob, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions and peppers.

Snacks: 2 Hifi light bars (6syns), aldi bubbly mini (4 syns), snackrite monster claws (4.5 syns), pink and white (2.5 syns) - (really treated myself after my weigh in
and had forgotten i had the pink and white earlier so went over syns :sigh:), and i used my HexA on milk in tea.

Total Syns: 17/15.

Todays Food

Breakfast: Banana, grapes, 2 Alpen light bars (HexB).
Lunch: Chicken breast, 2 slimming world mini quiche things that i made yesterday, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, spring onion, Some low fat cottage cheese
with pineapple and an aldi 0% fat greek style lemon yogurt.
Dinner: Chicken breast, big mixed salad (same as lunch), cottage cheese with pineapple (I heart this stuff at the mo!!) and slimming world chips.
Snacks: 2 hifi light rocky road bars (bloody lush they are) (6 syns), Aldi bubbly mini (4 syns).

HexA : Milk used in tea.
Total Syns: 10/15.

Im totally excited as my new american style fridge freezer is coming tommorrow i cant bloody wait!! Every week it takes so long to strategically put shopping away because of lack of space and its impossible to do any batch cooking as i cant freeze anything, the last resort came last friday while putting the shopping away a can of diet coke fell out of the fridge and bounced off my head (not funny it even cut it) while i was sat on the floor trying to put stuff in the freezer, it almost dented my skull as well as my pride and OH found it hilarious - needless to say he was sorry for laughing (or just wanted to get off silent treatment) hense the new fridge! xx

Had such a busy day yesterday i didnt have time to come online so ill catch up now :)

Yesterdays food:

Breakfast: Satsuma, banana, apple and shape 0% fat yogurt.
Lunch: Chicken breast, cottage cheese with pineapple, salad (lettuce, pring onion, peppers, cucumber).
Dinner: Butter basted turkey breast (3 syns), Mashed potato and sweet potato, courgette, onions, spring onion, carrot, baby sweetcorn, peas.
Snacks: 2x rocky road hifi bars (HexB), Special K chewy bar (6 syns), aldi mini bubbly (4 syns).

Milk in tea (HexA)

Total syns: 13/15.

Todays Food:

Breakfast: Satsuma, apple, 2x Benefit light bars (HexB).
Lunch: I went to wetherspoons with a friend for lunch so i just went with what i knew was ok, I was gutted aftrewards when i had time to look online and saw all the
low syn bits i could have had but ill make a note for next time eh? I had a jacket potato with beans (no butter) and a side salad.
Dinner: Gammon steak, fried egg (fry light), fried mushrooms and tomatoes (fry light), sw chips, beans. (could have done with more super free but i didnt have anything
else that went with dinner so hope it will be ok for 1 meal and ill be going shopping tomorrow).
Snacks: Benefit light bar (4syns), aldi bubbly mini (4 syns), pink n white (2.5 syns)

Milk in tea (HexA)

Total syns: 10.5/15

I was so glad it rained all day today - perfect excuse for a lazy day! Took my daughter to school and chilled on the couch with my littlest when id done the house work and caught up on all the crappy telly ive recorded hehe it was lush! My other half finished work early because of the rain so we picked little one up from school and went shopping so ive got plenty free and super free to be getting on with :), I must add that putting the shopping away was a breeze with my new fridge freezer! So much space it was a doddle compared to before :D.

Todays Food:

Breakfast: Kiwi, satsuma, 2x Alpen light bars (HexB).
Lunch: 200g make in minutes chicken and mushroom pasta (1 syn), shape 0% yogurt, banana, kiwi.
Dinner: Aldi ready to cook chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese (1 syn), beans, left over veg from wednesday.
Snacks: Benefit light bar (3 syns), aldi dreemy mini (4 syns), peach.

HexA milk in tea

Total Syns: 9/15.

Is there anywhere on here to post food diarys where people will give an input or is it just here and no ones interested in mine lol?

Todays Food:

Breakfast: Kiwi, Satsuma.
Lunch: 2 quorn sausages (2syns), 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs (frylight), mushrooms, tomatoes and beans.
Dinner: Chicken breast, new potatoes, salad (lettuce, red onion, spring onion, mixed peppers, cucumber, tomatoes), low fat cottage cheese and pineapple.
Snacks: 3x 1 syn brownies (3 syns), Hot choc (2 syns) made with milk ( HexA), Special K chewy bar (HexB), Aldi greek style lemon yogurt.

Total Syns: 7/15.

Hi hun, your food sounds yummy I am starting tomorrow so will be popping along for ideas xxx

Best of luck :D it seems so daunting at the start but im only 2 weeks in and im starting to get my head around it all! I invested in a food directory which has really helped me out. If theres anything i can do to help feel free to ask xx

Todays Food

Breakfast: 2x Alpen light bars (HexB), kiwi, peach.
Lunch: Spicy sweet n sour mugshotz, kiwi, aldi greek style lemon yogurt, 2 n a half 1syn brownies (2.5 syns)
Dinner: Aldi lamb shank in mint gravy (3.5 syns), roast new potatoes (fry light), courgettes, brocolli, carrots, onion.
Snacks: Hot choc made with milk (HexA) (2 syns), 6 brownies (6 syns) (#SundayTreat lol)

Total Syns : 14/15.

2nd weigh in tomorrow eeeek xx

some people just forget to check other peoples food diaries. :)
Sounds like you're doing really well though. :D How do you feel being 2 weeks into plan? :) Hope that your weigh in goes well today hun x

Going to look for them lamb shanks in aldi they sound lovely, we do a lot of our shopping there :)

Good luck with your second weigh in, have fingers crossed for you.

xxx

Back