I'm going to my first keep fit class tonight lol

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by futureyummymummy, 19 January 2009 Social URL.

1. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    My 'friend' has convinced me that it's a good idea lol. I'm kinda looking forward to it but I hate the thought of embarassing myself in public :p.

Anyone else doing any classes etc while on LL?

Emma xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    A friend of mine is trying to get me to go to 'pilates'. Not too sure about it!!
    Wanted to get some more weight off first.

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    Good luck with your first class tonight FYM!
    And don't worry about feelign embarassed - everyone else will be feeling the same too!

I'm soon to be starting my ballroom dancing class (at the request of someone else who needs a partner to go, of course :p )

Looking forward to it!

5. skinnydebs

skinnydebs Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm going to my first aqua-robics class on Wednesday (well I've been before in the past but not since doing LL) with another girl from my LL class and really looking forward to it. It's my introduction into getting into doing some exercise as I find the gym boring.

Hope you enjoyed it Emma!

6. jo1

jo1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Well done you for going, i want to get a couple of stone first before i bare my body in anything other than loose! :(

7. futureyummymummy

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Well I'm back and I LOVED it :) I found muscles I never even knew existed. Who knew I would get back to loving the E word so much :D, can't wait to go on thursday now.

Ooo ballroom dancing v nice I want to do salsa but can't find anyone to go with me, I love aqua aerobics but they don't have a class at a suitable time for me in my area so me and a friend are going to go for an hours swim once a week instead.

Ooo and I wasn't embarassed at all, I have a lot more co-ordination than I thought and actually managed to keep up yay lol.

Emma xXx

8. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    hi there
    glad you had fun!
    i must look out something else to do - did go for a swim yesterday which was nice
    daisy x

9. Kerrimc74

Kerrimc74 Full Member

Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Glad you enjoyed it fym. I went to Muay Thai Kickboxing class on Friday night and after I got over the initial shock of turning up for the advanced class!!!, I was okay after they moved us in with the kids class lol. I also used muscles I never knew existed. Gonna do a few of the Body Combat classes this week too - feels good when you lose the weight and don't feel too embarrassed about going to classes/gym.

Enjoy Thursday

10. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Well done Emma, I think you've inspired me now to do something.

11. futureyummymummy

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Go for it Mandy you might be surprised how much you like it :) I feel all bouncy and smiley for ages afterwards :)

xXx

12. Huseyin

Huseyin Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Exercise is never a bad idea nor should it be embarrassing, remember that there will be people there feeling just like you and probably worse, as soon as you start the first lesson you will feel great look at Yummy she loved it

13. skinnydebs

skinnydebs Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I went to my aqua class last night and loved it - full hour of being energetic and was fine. Will definitely keep going to those on a Wednesday night.

14. futureyummymummy

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Glad you enjoyed it debs :D. I'm debating going to a similar class as mondays tonight but would have to go on my own as my friends husband is away, I def want to but am very shy so may just wait til next week and go with the torture master ;)

xXx

15. DeckingJim

DeckingJim Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    LL then band on 10 Mar 2009
    Hi
    Well done on the exercise
    I did 5 spin classes during Week 2 of LL which I think may have been a bit much
    Now im in week 3 im gonna do one every other day
    Keep up the good work
    Cheers
    James

16. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    The exercise thing seems to get easier as you go along Jim.

In the first 5 or 6 weeks I found myself feeling way more tired than I expected when doing 30mins or so of fast-paced walking (whereas even at my heaviest I never struggled to walk quickly or long distances).

Now I'm in week 13, and every day I do a combination of running and walking for the 5 miles home from work every day, barely a problem; this weekend I'm getting my bike out for a service/tune up and then working that into my to-and-from work journeys as of week 14.

Considering you were biking prior to LL, I should think that even 5 spin classes in a week wouldn't be too harsh on you. Best to just go by how you feel I say; so long as you feel OK, then you are OK! your body will soon let you know if you do something it doesn't like! :p

17. skinnydebs

skinnydebs Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well funnily enough FYM I was supposed to be going with a girl from my LLC class who suggested it to me, so we were supposed to meet at the pool before 8 pm and she didn't show up, so I was on my own. But thankfully the women there and the teacher were friendly enough so it was very enjoyable.

I admit it would have been nice to have gone along with someone to my first one and I'll find out tonight why she didn't come and swap numbers(!) but I'm so glad I went.

18. futureyummymummy

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    Yeah I thknk i'm just being a wuss as I know my friend will def be there next week so can go suffer alongside her lol. I am still considering going tonight but will probably decide against it and go for a jog instead.

xXx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.