I'm In! Bring it on or should it be t ake it off!

Angel1974

Loves Porridge
Hello All

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to starting the CD in the new year off to the Drs on Monday for the OK as my BMI is over 40 :( but I know it's not going to be for long. :D

Over the past week I have been reading with intrest the posts on this site, and wow they have really moved me, the inspiration threag is amazing. I cried and laughed through so many of the posts and also got an amazing feeling of warmth and realised I was not alone in my battle.

So thank you minimins for all the posts and I know there is a fabulous support group out there for my and anyone on their journey.

Hiya Angel

You're so right you won't be over BMI 40 for very long at all! Ooh I'm so excited for you, I had to wait a couple of weeks before I started on CD and can see the way I felt at that time in your post above.

This site really is a godsend and everyone is so supportive.

Word of advice before you start, enjoy your Christmas and New Year but use 1-5 January to cut down your carbs and your 1st few days will be soooo much easier. If you can start CD either already in ketosis or very close to it you won't have the hunger pangs/headache that trip quite a few people up around days 2-4. It's just one less thing to deal with when you're already trying to adjust to constant loo trips (which do settle down I promise) and coming to terms with not eating normally.

Not wanting to put you off at all :), and most people get through those first few days successfully even if they have a last supper or two before they start - just giving you an opinion to help you tackle it in a way that's best for you xx

Hi Serena

Thanks for the advice, I will take it and cut out the carbs a few days before, I am starting on a tuesday and have a busy week with work, I spend a lot f my time on the road so will be loading the car up with supplies!

Any more hints and tips are always welcome, you are having great success well done, once I have pm facility I will let you know and we can buddy up as per a previous post from you, we are similar age and your start bmi was not too far from mine, roll on the 30 something bmi and roll off the pounds!!

I guess life does begin at 40!! BMI that is LOL

Have a great weekend

What an exciting New Year you have waiting for you!! Can't wait to hear how it's going in January.

Gxx

Thanks G and WOW you look fab!! Even more inspired and motivated - can I ask were you conrened about having loose skin when you started CD?

Thank you and yes I was, I think it concerns alot of people. Some bits are saggier than I would like but ultimately I wouldn't change things so try not to worry too much hun.

xx

Thanks for the insight I figure a little extra skin is better than lots of extra pounds lol x

Angela congrats and welcome. All advice so far is right on the money. Enjoy your journey as it is an amazing one. My doctor told me when I started. "if you're going to do it why not do it right."
That made so much sense to me. Don't get me wrong there may be struggles here and there, I have had them and other have too. Stay focused on your desires and you will succeed.
edi

Hello All,

Well been to the Drs today and he has signed all the necessary paperwork for me to start CD in new year! Yipeeee Can't wait to start now, last carb loaded meal will be on 25th December then as per the advice I have received on here and my CDC I will be cutting out the carbs and increasing the water intake, to prepare myself as much as poss

hey!
i am also starting in the new years (next monday!) i am really excited also.
hopefully we can support each other!
what date do you start? i'm on the 5th!!
good luck!x

Hello Katykat

Of course we can support each other I would welcome it, I am at the moment scheduled to start on 6th Jan my cdc appt is on 5th - but .... I have contacted my cdc to see if I can start any earlier I am waiting for her to confirm if she can see me on 2nd Jan so I can start on 3rd - I am so determind to succeed on this journey I have tried almost everything else. :( but this is it for me :D

I have had a weight problem all my life and really want to get to the bottom of why I eat and eat and eat LOL!!

PM me anytime.

Hiya

Not long to go now...where has the last 2 weeks gone?! Glad you're still enthused by it all and long may it continue!

Good luck as well Kateykat

xx

Hello Serena

How are you? Did you enjoy Christmas?? I have been out shopping today with my OT to get him sorted with food ready for next week, and it didn't bother me at all, I am so looking forward to it and even looked through the new catologue today and thought what shall I wear when I am about 4 stone lighter!

Talk soon Amanda

I'm fine thanks. Christmas was lovely, took 3 days off from Xmas Eve-Boxing Day but didn't go mad and have been back on SS ever since. WI tomorrow so am hoping for either a STS or just a small gain - we shall see...

You'll be buying from that catalogue in no time xx

Aww that's the spirit!! You are passing on some of your positive vibes to me for sure!! Here's to the 5th (or sooner). It's a nice feeling to know that for once you're in control of what you eat and your life.

Great news my CDC text today she can see me on Friday morning so going to start on Friday 2nd Jan!!

Soooooooooooo Excited, even took some clothes I bought in the sale back today as they fit me now and I know if a few weeks they will be tooooooo big lol!!

Glad my positive vibes are getting through cyber space to you Bijoux if we spur each other on we can acheive our goal Yipeeeeeeee

Back