I'm in hell!!!

I've just come across a recipe for chocolate biscuit cake.
How have I never heard of this before?!
I really want to make one and it's killing me thinking about it.

That'll teach me for trawling through food websites lol!

That will be my one treat when I start eating again after a few weeks. My good treat will be a bowl of strawberries. I love them!!

What are you all looking forward to? Good and bad with more of the good.

I love thinking about food it actually keeps me going! Bad things looking forward to - pina colada, home made apple crumble and franki and bennies chicken sandwich good things - fruit smoothies, ragu, stir fry, bannanas, strawberries lots and lots of fruit! yum yum.

I'm still going to eat whatever I like!! Its just a case of eating SMALL AMOUNTS thats all. If you think youre never goingto eat the things you like again then whats the point. xx

TBH I plan on cutting out takeaways - they were my downfall.

So instead of having a burger from the chippers Ill make my own either with a lean burger or make my own with extra lean mince and then I can put my own low fat sauces on it - and plenty of mushrooms and onions done in the george foreman. That way im not depriving myself of something bad and having the benefit of knowing exactly whats in it and how much fat.

Of coarse Ill have a bit of cake if im at a party but there are so many nice low fat deserts out there and there is so much variety in fruit that hit that same sugar spot as chocolate.

Basically i wont deprive myself but if there is a tasty low fat alternative ill do that one first.

I totally agree, when cooking urself low fat alternatives are best. and that burger sounds nice can you cook one for me??? lol xx

My opinion, you are entitled to your but I really don't get it...you do a hell on earth diet like this and then start thinking of all the crap you are going to pile back into your body once finished?????? Whats the point or is it me just being too strict!
yes you tell em giv em a kik up the but v.naughty even got me thinkin ........!
er no focus xx

Read this thread with interest - totally agree LT is a 'quick fix' to loose the weight BUT the single most important thing is to recognise how it was put on in the 1st place & to change your eating habits / palate expectations accordingly.

Intrigued by the GI diets... will check it oooot :D Thanks x
low gi is fab!!!! Loving your signature hunni can i pinch this bit to put in mine too..PS. LT is a TOTAL Food Replacement programme, any posts about 'will it matter if have a little nibble of....' are punishable by death. Happy to help :D

This is gonna sound very blunt....but i am going to say it anyway!!!!

The point is ...you shouldn't be controlled by food!!!:confused: And if you think, whats the point if i can't eat crap, god help u ...see you all back on here in 6-12 months when others are still at their ideal weight!

yes you tell em giv em a kik up the but v.naughty even got me thinkin ........!
er no focus xx
Red you stay away from that food hunni...just think that stone as gone and is staying gone ...are you up for meeting up in june babay cakes??? we'll all be super slim buddies by then xxx:D

You tell then nic could'nt agree with you more over the food thoughts. I'll see you in six months and we both still be at our ideal weight

You tell then nic could'nt agree with you more over the food thoughts. I'll see you in six months and we both still be at our ideal weight
Oh yeah baby and then in another 12 months - 3 yrs
xxxx

The point is ...you shouldn't be controlled by food!!!:confused: And if you think, whats the point if i can't eat crap, god help u ...see you all back on here in 6-12 months when others are still at their ideal weight!

Very good that you are set on eating a certain type of food! However not all foods are crap. Gordon Ramsey wouldnt call his beautiful crab cakes "crap food" even if they are full of calories or a nice steak dish, or a beautiful chocolate desert made with 90% coco. Salads can actually be just as unhealthy as a roast dinner with the dressings it has on it. Fruit can have more sugar in them than a rice pudding. For example an adocado has up to 190 kcals each and a milky way bar has 117kcal per 26g bar. In fact, fruit has loads of sugar in it. Everyone should have a complete balanced diet - including fibre, carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Its all do do with eating in moderation. As a nurse we are advised not to tell diabetics to stop eating chocolate and cake and alcohol all together, its unrealistic and its to do with eating small amounts of it. Of course if you eat a whole cake to yourself or a whole pack of biscuits to yourself you are going to get fat but not if you have 1 or 2. Its much better to stay away from the takeaways and cakes, and most of us will stay off them for most of the time, however some of us will have the self control to have the odd takeaway and an occasional slice of cake :) xx

As LT headquarters says, Fat makes you Fat, so once re-feeding and when onto maintenance, your diet should consist of no added fat, a healthy balanced diet will contain all the fat necessary for your body to function, xx

I spent ages on pc last night researching low gi foodstuffs and have decided that this is the way Im going to go post lipotrim. What led me to putting on this weight was being a stay at home mother to 2 small children and I just couldnt stay away from the food press, every time I had a cup of tea I had something nice with it, be it a bar of choccie (or couple of mini ones) or 3-4 biccies. Since starting tfr I found that I dont like tea anymore and so have stopped drinking it so this should help me later as I wont be having tea so wont want anything with it.
That food press is now stocked the essentials, nothing 'nice' to be found there. As for takeaways we prob used to get one every wkend, Im not giving these up completely but will choose the chowmein option and have it as a treat once a month. Im looking forward to the challenge ahead and scrolling the internet looking for recipes.
Is south beach diet similer to the low gi one?

I couldn't have put that better myself. Its all in the mind. Food is nothing but fuel to keep us going. Like when you fill your car up, you fill it with what it needs (ie petrol or diesel depending on what car). Once its full, its full, you don't keep putting more in and you certainly don't put the wrong fuel in! What i'm getting across is food is just there to keep us alive, we're no worse off if we have meat and veg/salad than if we have takeaways or cake etc. Another thing we need to watch when eating again is to listen to our bodies, eat slowly as it takes around 10-20mins for the brain to register we're full.

I know not everybody was like me and ate loads of takeaways but its a new start for all of us and I think we oughta give our bodies the best chance.

With regards to the thread topic i'm looking forward to salads and giant mushrooms (not fried). I've recently found out that with my underactive thyroid I should avoid soya and soya products amongst other foods so theres white bread and cakes etc gone for me. Unfortunately there is soya in all LT shakes but while i'm still losing i'm sticking with it.

Sorry for mega long post. xx

I couldn't have put that better myself. Its all in the mind. Food is nothing but fuel to keep us going. Like when you fill your car up, you fill it with what it needs (ie petrol or diesel depending on what car). Once its full, its full, you don't keep putting more in and you certainly don't put the wrong fuel in! What i'm getting across is food is just there to keep us alive, we're no worse off if we have meat and veg/salad than if we have takeaways or cake etc. Another thing we need to watch when eating again is to listen to our bodies, eat slowly as it takes around 10-20mins for the brain to register we're full.

I know not everybody was like me and ate loads of takeaways but its a new start for all of us and I think we oughta give our bodies the best chance.

With regards to the thread topic i'm looking forward to salads and giant mushrooms (not fried). I've recently found out that with my underactive thyroid I should avoid soya and soya products amongst other foods so theres white bread and cakes etc gone for me. Unfortunately there is soya in all LT shakes but while i'm still losing i'm sticking with it.

Hi hun xxx
Have you looked in to the GI way of eating afterwards..... it eleminates all the foods you personally can't eat and gives great alteranatives

Kept away from food and food related things this time tho last time I was obsessed but I will look into it after as with the thyroid package I gain weight very easy and find it very hard to lose it. Thanks for info x

If food is just fule and you shouldnt enjoy the food then you could stay on LT dor the reat of ur life really. Personally food is something I enjoy and obviously Coconut also enjoys food, thats why she posted this thread. I love to cook food and I enjoy differing tastes such as ragu sauce which is cooked with tomatoes and minced meat for hours with a rich flavour, or the taste of ginger in a stirfry. People should still be able to enjoy food after LT without it being seen as just fuel. xx

Kept away from food and food related things this time tho last time I was obsessed but I will look into it after as with the thyroid package I gain weight very easy and find it very hard to lose it. Thanks for info x
I don't mind reading about what will keep me healthy afterwards (wierd really) and its fab hun xx Totally agree with the food is fuel.... and yes, you can enjoy food afterwards...but the right foods in the right amounts xx

If food is just fule and you shouldnt enjoy the food then you could stay on LT dor the reat of ur life really.
Nah, you couldn't stay on LT for ever.....
1. you would have nothing left of you
2. Your chemist wouldn't let you lmao ...:D

well its each to their own but personally for me love of food was one of the main factors which brought me here so I don't want to end up going down the same road as last time.

Nah, you couldn't stay on LT for ever.....
1. you would have nothing left of you
2. Your chemist wouldn't let you lmao ...:D

Ebay would let you! You would probably just have to re mortgage ur house to pay for it! :S xx

LMAO...Its soooo dear on ebay!!!!! don't know how hoowdy manages it

Back