I'm in the zone, and it feels goood!

Hi AJ,

Just wanted to to say "hi" and let you know I found your original post about being in the zone really motivational. Thank you for telling us about it.

I stopped and thought about your description of the clouds for a moment...then realised I feel pretty much the same. For me, its as if I've been able to adjust the "focus" in my life as I have this sense of clarity that hasn't been around for AGES. Somehow, I reckon my old eating habits sort of dulled the edges off everything and now I've got rid of that. This is SO cool... :D

Sorry to hear about your garage leak. Its been raining stair-rods in Southampton today/tonight.

Thanks again,

J74

Hi AJ,

Just wanted to to say "hi" and let you know I found your original post about being in the zone really motivational. Thank you for telling us about it.

I stopped and thought about your description of the clouds for a moment...then realised I feel pretty much the same. For me, its as if I've been able to adjust the "focus" in my life as I have this sense of clarity that hasn't been around for AGES. Somehow, I reckon my old eating habits sort of dulled the edges off everything and now I've got rid of that. This is SO cool... :D

Sorry to hear about your garage leak. Its been raining stair-rods in Southampton today/tonight.

Thanks again,

J74

J74, that's a great word to describe how I feel too - CLARITY. Focussed, clear-eyed, alive, hopeful - these are others. Previously I could have described myself as tired, sluggish, desperate.
"This is SO cool... :D"
Yes, isn't it!:D:D

I'm really pleased to have sorted out the garage, however Hubby (who works away in the week) was not pleased that I'd got rid of some stuff that wasn't damaged. Then again, he's a hoarder.

Yeah, we had another bad spell of rain yesterday.:sigh:.

Thanks for your lovely comments...

AJ

Well today is the day - I was feeling scared and apprehensive about restarting , but reading how positive you are all feeling, I cannot wait to get that positivity back in my life!
The worse thing will be my feelings of failure when I see my counsellor - she has told me that I must never feel that, but its human nature.
I have also become reclusive [an old trait] because I hate the knowing looks and the negative comments from others who last year could not praise me highly enough!
It is amazing how this weight gain has taken hold of me and made me feel and so I cannot wait to shake it off and feel good again.
So think of me at 11am when I face up to the scales, face up to my counsellor and start yet another weight loss journey - the difference being that this one will have no end - this journey is going to transport me into a consistent healthy eating lifestyle.
This weight gain is just another lesson learned.
Hope I can post on here - it helps having familiar people who have experienced the same losses and gains and are on a similair journey.
xx

Good luck with WI Nadine and getting started on your final journey to a permanently slim you.

Well today is the day - I was feeling scared and apprehensive about restarting , but reading how positive you are all feeling, I cannot wait to get that positivity back in my life!
The worse thing will be my feelings of failure when I see my counsellor - she has told me that I must never feel that, but its human nature.
I have also become reclusive [an old trait] because I hate the knowing looks and the negative comments from others who last year could not praise me highly enough!
It is amazing how this weight gain has taken hold of me and made me feel and so I cannot wait to shake it off and feel good again.
So think of me at 11am when I face up to the scales, face up to my counsellor and start yet another weight loss journey - the difference being that this one will have no end - this journey is going to transport me into a consistent healthy eating lifestyle.
Hope I can post on here - it helps having familiar people who have experienced the same losses and gains and are on a similair journey.
xx

I could have written this myself. Every day I read the posts from Aj, and others such as yourself, and every day I am that little bit nearer to the strength I will need to face up to myself and get going again. I hate who & what I am now, after the euphoria of last year and I am constantly "hearing" (in my head) what others must be thinking......

Thank you both AJ & Nadine, for airing your thoughts and good luck to both of you.

xx

D'you know, it's the weirdest thing Nadine, I did not expect to feel like this. I thought it would be difficult doing it second time around. I thought I would not be able to cope without my 'fixes'. Having the first tetra pack was hard, because it brought home to me that new committment I was making, and also realising that I was putting pressure on me to succeed. The first couple of days were ok, although I did have a headache on the second day, and feel a bit sick. I never actually felt hungry.

Of course it is. Spend a minute putting yourself in her place. Pretend you are a CD counsellor and a valued client who has lost a lot of weight and maintained it for a long time, comes back for support because she's started putting weight on. You would be delighted to see her, and be in a position to bring a smile back on her lovely face. The last thing you would think is 'she is a failure'. On the contrary, you'd be impressed that she'd had the courage to come back for help and support. Think about that when you go to see her.

Oh pooh, I hate isolating myself too, and having to live with an addiction which is so VISIBLE is devastating on a daily basis.

Not long to wait now....

Yes, this time next week you will be able to see more clearly, and be more positive.

xx

You are so right of course.

Best of luck on this next stage of your life.

AJ

Morning AJ

So nice to see you here on CD forum. When I started my journey 2 years ago for my step-daughter's wedding I first tried LL and your weight loss threads were an inspiration to me. I well and truly fell of the LL track for various reasons and have had a couple of re-starts on CD, however since June 9th I've dropped 25lb and although I've had a tough couple of weekends I'm determined not to give up.

I love the flexibility of cd and its amazing how in control you feel on this when ketosis kicks in.

Look forward to reading your posts.

Sara:)

Morning AJ

So nice to see you here on CD forum. When I started my journey 2 years ago for my step-daughter's wedding I first tried LL and your weight loss threads were an inspiration to me.

Aw shucks:D!

I well and truly fell of the LL track for various reasons and have had a couple of re-starts on CD, however since June 9th I've dropped 25lb and although I've had a tough couple of weekends I'm determined not to give up.

What happened to make the weekends tough? Was it introducing food for a short while which caused problems?

I love the flexibility of cd and its amazing how in control you feel on this when ketosis kicks in.

Oh I luuurve ketosis!

Look forward to reading your posts.

Sara:)

I'm thinking ahead to September when I have my leaving do from work. I actually left at the end of June but there was no time to arrange anything. September seems like a good time, just after the start of Scottish school holidays. I have decided not to drink, but will eat. Just not sure yet what.

Regards, Sarah,

AJ

Hi AJ

I think that I was just not prepared to not have a few drinks and behave normally around food for my families special times (DH birthday, DD daughter and cousins "I've paid mortgage off party"). The difference for me this time is that I just keep getting back on the horse which is how I know I'm going to make it (I've previously never made goal).

I look forward to chatting to you as time goes on.

Looking foward to the new tetra flavour soon to be released as this forms most of my intake due to the convenience. I work in London (50 miles from home), so commute every day and the tetras save having to explain too much and also having to mix packs at work, plus I love them!

Sara
:)

AJ just read your response to my last bit. Good for you choosing the food over alcohol, how I wish this was my choice! Just love the voddy, been the hardest part of this journey for me! Gosh now I sound like an old lush (lol), enjoy your leaving do.

Sara

Hi AJ

I think that I was just not prepared to not have a few drinks and behave normally around food for my families special times (DH birthday, DD daughter and cousins "I've paid mortgage off party").

It's definitely a 'head thing' isn't it. Once you decide mentally that you won't cross a certain line, you usually don't. Any uncertainty can be exploited.

The difference for me this time is that I just keep getting back on the horse which is how I know I'm going to make it (I've previously never made goal).

Ah, well I did make it to goal, and still cocked it up. The great thing about CD I think is that it is flexible enough to jump into and out of when necessary.

I look forward to chatting to you as time goes on.

Me too.:D

Looking foward to the new tetra flavour soon to be released as this forms most of my intake due to the convenience. I work in London (50 miles from home), so commute every day and the tetras save having to explain too much and also having to mix packs at work, plus I love them!

I'm a tetra lover too. It just takes a couple of seconds from opening the cupboard to sucking the shake through the straw - very convenient when you're on the go, or don't want to mess around with mixing. I believe the new flavour is strawberry. I love the other two anyway.

Sara
:)

Well, I'm sitting here without a bathroom. It has been stripped! Even empty it looks small. I can't wait to luxuriate in my new bath in a couple of days. I am desperate for the loo so will pop next door in a moment. Then down to the tip, first of a couple of trips.

Speak to you soon...

AJ

Back