I'm joining SW tonight!

dogmad

Hi,

Been looking at this forum for a few weeks and now I'm ready to join the big adventure that is Slimming World! So I'm joining tonight and ready for the big weigh in and yes 'm dreading it. I have a rough idea of how much I weigh and think I'm about 9 stone overweight although not sure if I want to lose all of it, would be happy to get about half of that.

I have done SW before and found it easy to follow and managed to lose weight quite well. I have always been big but recently gained more weight after a stressful few months (marriage, miscarriage and house renovations) and so before we start trying for a baby again I want to lose at least 2 stone.

Yours posts and stories are really inspirational so I will be logging in regularly for advice.

Thanks

Debbie

Hey welcome!!!

Good luck with your weight loss

Ruthy xxx

Hi Debbie and welcome :D

I joined SW just over a week ago and had first WI on Tuesday.

I also came to this decision to lose the weight after a miscarriage - my fifth and my last. We aren't going to have any more babies but wanted to get fit for the 5 boys we do have.

I hope you're feeling emotionally well now - I know miscarriage is so devastating.

Hi Debbie, I also suffered a miscarriage and decided that I wanted to lose the weight before we try again. I have been on CD but personal circumstances meant I have moved to SW and officially start on Wednesday and I am sooo excited. I have about 6 stone to lose but would like to lose 3-4 before we start trying again for a baby. Good luck on your journey xx.

Helloooooooooo and :welcome:

Hi,

Been looking at this forum for a few weeks and now I'm ready to join the big adventure that is Slimming World! So I'm joining tonight and ready for the big weigh in and yes 'm dreading it. I have a rough idea of how much I weigh and think I'm about 9 stone overweight although not sure if I want to lose all of it, would be happy to get about half of that.

I have done SW before and found it easy to follow and managed to lose weight quite well. I have always been big but recently gained more weight after a stressful few months (marriage, miscarriage and house renovations) and so before we start trying for a baby again I want to lose at least 2 stone.

Yours posts and stories are really inspirational so I will be logging in regularly for advice.

Thanks

Debbie

debbie - you're not alone! i'm seriously overweight and am aiming to lose between 6 and 9 stone. once i can get into a dress size 14/16 i will be happy :)

Hi,

Well had a good introductory session, everyone was really friendly. Weighed in at a massive 19 stone 8.5 pounds!!!! I think that makes me the heaviest I have ever been and nearly 3 stone heavier than when I left SW 2 years ago!

Feeling very focussed and ready for the week ahead.

Also just watched that Britain biggest Babies programmes and am even more determined, I do not want to be treated or looked down on because of my size.

Just to let you know I'm 32 years old, 5ft 5" and a size 24/26. I'm aiming to be a size 14/16.

Hi,

Well had a good introductory session, everyone was really friendly. Weighed in at a massive 19 stone 8.5 pounds!!!! I think that makes me the heaviest I have ever been and nearly 3 stone heavier than when I left SW 2 years ago!

Also just watched that Britain biggest Babies programmes and am even more determined, I do not want to be treated or looked down on because of my size.

Just to let you know I'm 32 years old, 5ft 5" and a size 24/26. I'm aiming to be a size 14/16.
I watched that. It was quite shocking wasn't it!

Look at that 19 st 8.5lb and be happy knowing that it's the last time you will see it!

Well done on taking the plunge and good luck with it! It's great watching the numbers go down gradually :)

Hi,

hi debbie good luck hun i weighed 19 st 10lbs when i started i have lost 2 1/2 stone so far. just take it 1/2 stone at a time and it dont matter how long it takes you , keep coming on here for support xx

Hi Deb and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy the plan but if you are like me you will enjoy the support and advice of this fine bunch of people more. Miscarriage is a horrible experience and I didnt realise how common until I had a couple - I went on to have two beautiful little boys so I am sure it will all be worth it in the end x

Back