Im joining WW from Cambridge Diet - Hello Everyone :D

x89amandax

Helloooo Everyone :D....

Well ive done The cambridge diet and have managed to lose 2 stone on it which is obviously great... thing is at 37.50 a week it was swiping me of all my money and its also very anti-social.

Ive done Weightwatchers before but only managed to lose half a stone and gave up and went up to 12stone 5lbs. Im now 10stone 4.5lbs and my new goal with WW is 9stone 8lbs which Im hoping to get to by the end of summer :D

Im not going to meetings im on online member of WW but so far so good and enjoying eating again as CD was very very very restrictive.

Just wanting to say hello to everyone and if anyone has any tips or hints on recipes or treats id be grateful :D

hiya :welcome:
i've done cambridge twice before, 1st time i lasted a month and when i went back on it i lasted 2 weeks lol.

i did loose alot but i felt so so ill and had no energy whatsoever, even to the point of dropping off when i was driving which is NOT GOOD!!

the other thing is you cant have a social life,how can you go out with friends/family and drink water and have nothing to eat?!?!??! aint gonna happen!!

welcome to ww, i love it its great and is really easy to follow and the weigh watchers branded foods are lovely too which helps!

best of luck and i will keep an eye out for your posts xxx

:talk017:

Hi and welcome to the WW boards! I admire you sticking to CD for so long, I certainly couldn't do it! Good luck with your ww journey :)

Thanks guys!!! Im loving WW so far I think its helped the fact ive deprived myself of food for 7 weeks on the cambridge diet that even though im eating healthy im loving the fact im actually eating!!!!

I made pork and apple burgers for tea had one with salad a recipe out of one of the WW magazines and it was lovely :D Im looking forward to sticking to WW and getting to goal eventually.

Thanks for your replies happy to see people are just as friendly on this board as the CD board :)

yeah we are a friendly bunch really!!n i have to say i could never do CD so i take my hat off to anyone who's done it. nearest i've ever got is slimfast and i only stuck to that for about 4 days!! like my food to much ( which is probably why i'm still here:rolleyes:)

Welcome to our little corner of minis

I have not done CD before so cant comment on the switch over

have a look at the food diaries section and the recipies thread there are some GREAT ideas in those section and should keep your food interesting :)

Welcome!!

I've done CD before and lost around 3 stone, but I know what you mean, it is anti-social - I felt like I was putting my life on hold during it. But now I'm on WW nearly a stone down and loving it. So it can be done!

good luck!
xx

Its great to see other people have done The cambridge diet and gone onto WW and are managing to lose even if its not as quick as CD....

My CD Councellor rang me tonight asking me if i wanted to make an appointment to come back and i felt quite bad..... Kind of made me feel like WW isnt going to work and that i should stick with CD..... Ive not got much to lose to be honest so I know I shouldnt let this bother me ive lost 2 stones already 11lbs to go to goal... Its just made me question my choice now! Argh!!!!

Not being funny but she's going to say that isnt she cos she's paid to!! if you are happy with ww its your choice. There are 100s of diets out there and different ones suit different people.

I am happy with WW and its practical and i can have a social life on WW, my other half has even said hes glad im on WW as I was apparently miserable and acted depressed on CD which i didnt particulary notice myself but guess other people pick up on things like that.... Im just paranoid that ill gain or not lose the last stone its always the last stone thats the hardest lol......

I know on WW i will lose alot slower than on CD but on CD on 500cals a day obv your going to lose more.... But I definately want to stick to WW as I see it as a way of life rather than a quick fix like CD...

I guess im just needing motivation!!

Yeah i know im going to have to stick to it longterm otherwise ill be back to square one in no time and im determind not to let that happen keeping fat photos just to keep me from doing that lol...

Im gonna see how i go, Ive stepped up exercise to help and feeling alot happyer than when i was on CD so far :)

Thank you for replying I like to see what other peoples views are gives me a kick up the backside i need :D

But I definately want to stick to WW as I see it as a way of life rather than a quick fix like CD...

That's the way to think about it my dear!! Good luck with the rest you want to lose and well done on your weight loss to date that's fab.

If you are ever short of motivation just come on here. I find it's an excellent pick me up. See you around the boards. xx

I made pork and apple burgers for tea had one with salad a recipe out of one of the WW magazines and it was lovely :D

How did you make these i'm always open to new meal ideas

I made pork and apple burgers for tea had one with salad a recipe out of one of the WW magazines and it was lovely :D

How did you make these i'm always open to new meal ideas

Helloooo :D

Basically you need 300g or 500g of lean pork mince.

One or 2 eggs

1 apple which you skin and de-core then you grate it with a cheese grator.

You then need either 12 smashed up cream crackers or you can use just 25g of breadcrumbs ( ive used both before either is fine )

And i added a pinch of rosemary and corriander.

Basically mix all of the above in a bowl and put them into burgers and give them a little coat of olive oil and put them in the fridge till you want to cook them :D :D

Easy peasy :D

Back