I'm near tears and need advice....

Chitty

I have finally got my bum into gear and am happy with the diet, my bmi is 26.9 now and I'm doing the 790 plan, have been for 2 weeks and one day.
I'm drinking at least 4 ltrs of water a day, not having any thing I shouldn't, even having the skimmed milk....

I havn't lost a lb or an inch in the last 7 days....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I have been ok about it, pissed off but determind. Now I am really really really really sad about it. I so want to lose 1 stone in the next few weeks so I'm 9stone 7lb for Xmas, I want to be this weight for practical reasons, so my clothes look good, they are a bit tight at the moment and after SS all last Christmas it is kind of very important to me to do this.

I had 3 weeks on SS where I only lost 2lb a week and now I am worried it is happening again only worse as I am on 790 so many not lose any weight. My body doesn't feel like it is moving weight either.

The only thing I can recall kick starting my weight loss before was a break, we went away for the weekend and I ate and after that I lost the weight and it came off again at 3-4lb a week...

I am worried at the moment that my yoyoing over the summer had messed up my body. And I am at a loss.

I feel like having today off and seeing if it kicks starts it again, but feel in my mind that is going backwards, I am happy to stick to this, as I said it is so important to me to lose this stone before Xmas and according to everyone it is reachable in that time, so why isn't my weight moving........ I've been 10stone 7lbs for 7 days now, if my body was playing catch up from losing 11lb a week I would have though it would have caught up by now.

I very very very very unhappy fed up Chitty....

HELP :sign0009::gen147:

Dieting and not losing is extremely dispiriting, I've been there and know what it is like (((HUGS))). I'm sure there will be others come along with a variety of suggestions, I just have a couple of possibilities that leapt to mind. First is that plateaus happen, times when inexplicably the scales tell the same story every day no matter how hard you try. Then just as suddenly the plateau ends and you lose really fast. You can try all sorts of tweaks and changes to try and prompt it, but the end will come. Someone on anothre thread explained it rather neatly by saying "you didn't put the weight on at the same amount each week, so why expect to lose it like that".

Reading your post I assume you haven't been doing CD for long this time so hopefully my next suggestion won't apply. Your body is designed to want to hold onto fat reserves and has an annoying tendency to adjust your metabolism to suit what you're feeding it. I have this problem, normal diets just don't take any weight from me. Increased exercise, no matter what (a few hours of gruelling shopping is a good one, dancing, swimming, whatever suits you) will help keep things moving.

It's hard to carry on when this is happening but it will work out. Drastic suggestion - have you thought of keeping off the scales for a week?

Ah Chitty, don't be sad - you've lost 12lbs in two weeks which is fantastic! I think they say that losses on 790 are a few pounds less than SS which is about a stone a month, so your body may still have another week or so to catch up as you've lost it so fast. I've been doing 790 and despite sticking to it 100% and drinking all the water, I lost weight slower than a lots of people, more like 2-3lb a week so don't get disheartened when you hear about huge losses week after week as your body will shrink how it wants to. (Annoying but true!) Still I was happy with slow and steady as I've never achieved this kind of consistent loss with WW.

Don't give in - kick back and relax with another glass of water and you'll see the weight come off soon. Maybe talk to your CDC about it? If you really think a break would be the best thing then I guess choose what you eat v carefully. Keep focussed and you'll be 9st 7 in no time! Anoushka xx

Dieting and not losing is extremely dispiriting, I've been there and know what it is like (((HUGS))). I'm sure there will be others come along with a variety of suggestions, I just have a couple of possibilities that leapt to mind. First is that plateaus happen, times when inexplicably the scales tell the same story every day no matter how hard you try. Then just as suddenly the plateau ends and you lose really fast.

I do hope it does, just hope the end is soon.

You can try all sorts of tweaks and changes to try and prompt it, but the end will come. Someone on anothre thread explained it rather neatly by saying "you didn't put the weight on at the same amount each week, so why expect to lose it like that".

Reading your post I assume you haven't been doing CD for long this time so hopefully my next suggestion won't apply.
I;ve been doing CD forever... well it seems like it, it is just over a year since I first started, I have lost 6 stone, it was nearly 7 but I put a bit on over summer with Yo Yoing since June, the longest I've had off the diet have been 2 weeks and since June the longest I've been on the diet has been about 10-14 days, so you get the picture. I would say this has upset my body, but when I hit a point like this before I had been really good with no yoyoing/overeating.
I am really right in my head now and the panic bits about eating which made me struggle have gone.

Your body is designed to want to hold onto fat reserves and has an annoying tendency to adjust your metabolism to suit what you're feeding it. I have this problem, normal diets just don't take any weight from me. Increased exercise, no matter what (a few hours of gruelling shopping is a good one, dancing, swimming, whatever suits you) will help keep things moving.
I'll try the swimming, I have been busy around the house this week, but it doesn't seemt to have had an effect...

It's hard to carry on when this is happening but it will work out. Drastic suggestion - have you thought of keeping off the scales for a week?
Hmmmm no it wouldn't help, because if I had done that last week and only weighed in today and I had been the same I would have been more gutted as my expecations would have been higher and it would have pushed me over the edge. I just need some positive vibes, I'm going away in 10 days for a couple of days and will be eating and drinking, so I will try to stay stronge till then.... but it is hard. Thanks so much for your reply, it is nice to hear people hit times like me, and then thier weight moves quickly again...

:thankyou: .....

Ah Chitty, don't be sad - you've lost 12lbs in two weeks which is fantastic! I think they say that losses on 790 are a few pounds less than SS which is about a stone a month, so your body may still have another week or so to catch up as you've lost it so fast. I've been doing 790 and despite sticking to it 100% and drinking all the water, I lost weight slower than a lots of people, more like 2-3lb a week so don't get disheartened when you hear about huge losses week after week as your body will shrink how it wants to. (Annoying but true!) Still I was happy with slow and steady as I've never achieved this kind of consistent loss with WW.

Don't give in - kick back and relax with another glass of water and you'll see the weight come off soon. Maybe talk to your CDC about it? If you really think a break would be the best thing then I guess choose what you eat v carefully. Keep focussed and you'll be 9st 7 in no time! Anoushka xx

Thanks I know the weight loss is good over the two weeks, but I just feel my weight will stick for ages. I wouldn't mind if I was 9stone 7lb and it tood ages to reach my goal of 8stone 7lb if I was eating a more varied diet. But I'm ready to come off the CD, I've done it for along time, and I'm ready to eat with my family again. But as I've put huge effort into losing weight, I owe it to myself to become the slim person I've always wanted to be and not to settle for second best. I'm a size 12 now, but on my short frame would look much better an 8......

Ok thanks for the reply and I hope your right and the weight moves again soon.
Luv Chitty

Remember also you're a lot closer to your target weight and your ideal weight now so your weight loss may slow down because of this. Think as well of the positives, how far you've come, how wel you've done, not just that you still haven't lost X no of lbs. Logically, if you are 100% sticking to the diet, you will not be giving your body the energy it needs to function so it has to take energy from fat, it has no choice. It must come off, there is no other way.

This is when it gets really hard hun, when you're within a stone or so of your target, it really is like chipping away at it, in a lot of ways its easy when you're very overweight as you get great losses every week which keeps you motivated, but its when it gets to this stage that it really tests you and you have to remain strong and focused which I think you are

Just remember that whatever is going on in your body, eating less than 1500cals a day you cannot fail to lose weight, you haven't messed your body up over the summer so please don't think like that, you may have to accept that no matter how hard you try, you may not lose another stone by xmas, don't be so hard on yourself and place that amount of pressure on yourself or it will just drive you mad when you don't see the scales moving

Keep active, stick to the plan and it WILL come off, it just might take a little longer than you want, but keep focused on your target because when that day comes that you see that magic number when yo step on the scales, it will have all been worth it, take care xx

dont know if this is any help but on another thread someone felt there weight stalling was caused by fluid retention and was advised to up the amount of water they were drinking to flush the extra out iykwim and for them it worked, maybe give that a go?

ahhh chitty hun, i dropped you an email last night, sorry you feel so down. You know i was like that a few weeks ago and you were such a fantastic support :) I got through it with your help and so can you although I did have to eat to get it out of my system so maybe a sensible weekend off might be what you need? I'm around tonight on MSN if you are free, love M xx

Thanks

Hi Well Thanks for all your advice everyone...

I've tried to fit it to my situation and adapt the advice and right or wrong I've chosen to do the following.

I've had today eating, things I shouldn't really...... but there you go:sign0007:
I was so sad earlier, I did have a cry....:cry:
I'm not going to weigh until Thursday and I am going back to 790 tomorrow, hopefully it will have kick started it all and by Thursday a couple of lbs will have moved..
Depending on weight loss and me I will 790 then until 20, then have 2 days away and off the diet and then 1000 for 2 weeks, then 1200 for 2 weeks and then 1500 for 2 weeks. I hope my weight is 9st 7lbs give or take 2-3lb for Christmas.
I am going to have all Christmas off, eating healthy when we don't have anything on and being semi careful the rest of the time.
Then as soon as the New Year is here I will lose the last 1-2stone Cal counting or on WW, not sure which of these to do, any ideas.
I think of over a year pretty much spent on a VLCD, my body isn't liking it... to be fair I have lost a lot of hair, but it was very thick and now it colours funny, I think my body needs a boost and a healthy real food diet and excersize is what it needs now.
I am scared to just come off the CD as the weight just falls back on me when I do, so I must finish the plans first.
Ok, thanks for listening and sorry for ranting and thank you everyone.

You've done briliiantly to stick with it for so long, I'm sure I could never manage that. Eating proper food again does take a bit of getting used to, but if you are careful and take things slowly you should be able to kep the weight off. What diet you choose in future depends entirely on your own preferences and lifestyle, it is really hard to offer advice. Some people like to have something really structured while others like group support. Now is definitely the time to start looking into them so that you are ready to go as soon as Christmas is out of the way. Good luck with it all.

You've done briliiantly to stick with it for so long, I'm sure I could never manage that. Eating proper food again does take a bit of getting used to, but if you are careful and take things slowly you should be able to kep the weight off. What diet you choose in future depends entirely on your own preferences and lifestyle, it is really hard to offer advice. Some people like to have something really structured while others like group support. Now is definitely the time to start looking into them so that you are ready to go as soon as Christmas is out of the way. Good luck with it all.

Ahh thanks. I don't do very well in groups, if I'm going to do it I can do it alone, (& with my friends on here of course).
I'm going to try and chill about it all, stick to it of course but not panic.
Tell you what though after today eating a bit of this and that, some of it not good, I feel about 14 stone. It is strange how we feel.

XXX Chitty XXXXX and thanks for caring enough to reply.

Back