I'm never going to get there....

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I'm just having one of those days. I feel like I'm never going to get there with my weight loss.

I'm not giving up, but I'm just...blaaaaah about it today. I feel like I've got such a long way to go and it's never going to happen.

Got my bridesmaid dress at the weekend and it's nothing like I expected. I like it, but it's really fitted and sexy and modern. I do have to admit it makes me look curvy and good...but I have two sizes...14 and 12. 14 fits me as I am but I just wasn't brave enough to say 'get the 12, cos I'll fit into it, and it might even be too big!'

I'm just not able to see the end in sight at the mo...

How do you re-motivate yourself when you get into one of those zones?!

realise that you've come this far and to stop now you'd undo all your hard work and feel even worse. in the long run. keep your head up today. wake up tomorrow and show everyone how great your doing sometimes alittle encouragement from someone close to you can go along way too :)

Chin up, Hellie. Just think you've lost a whole stone already. That is excellent. You're probably at the middling part of your weight loss journey and I can imagine that the target seems a way off yet. Just keep on doing what you're doing. Enjoy all the lovely food we can eat on SW. You're doing so well!! xx

Oi! Hellie! Shake yourself and get down that post office, we got a challenge to be starting! You'll be fine, you're having an off day, we all have them.

Hi Heli,

Just think about how far you have already come and be proud of that, then think that you can add to your achievement because you have already had sucess in the past.

Oi! Hellie! Shake yourself and get down that post office, we got a challenge to be starting! You'll be fine, you're having an off day, we all have them.

I picked it up this morning!! I won't be home til late tonight as I've got band rehearsal so won't be able to have a play til tomorrow...but I will be in on that challenge!

I know how u are feeling chick!! I have been in a bit of a down mood the past few days about it. I know that my WI isnt going to be good tomorrow, its star week and I just feel like im never going to get to target. (I have had some really good losses in a short space of time though so I know that i am being ridiculous!!)
I hope you start feeling more positive soon.....you have done sooooo well so far and im sure you will easily get into that size 12 dress x x xx

I really feel for you mate, because this is EXACTLY how I have been feeling for the past 2 weeks. I have not gone off the rails or anything, just can't seem to care anymore. It feels like I have been doing this FOREVER and still have so far to go. I resent the fact that I feel guilty at just doing 'normal' things other people take for granted (having a few beers in the sun on a Saturday afternoon)

The only thing that works for me at the moment is to remind myself that I always knew this was going to be a long journey. I have to accept that there will be times when I feel like this because I am human, but I have to judge this way of life by it's successes and benefits, not it's temporary blips.

I feel and look so much healthier
I actually enjoy excerise for the first time in my life
I feel much more attractive
I am no longer as restricted by my size (I went up in a hot air balloon last week and there is NO WAY I could have climbed into the basket before I started SW)
I am less likely to develop lots of nasty diseases/conditions due to my size
People look at me and treat me differently
I can buy clothes from 'normal' shops

I guess when you weigh it up (no pun intended) not having too many beers on a sunny day is a small price to pay

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aye, that's it...I've not gone off the rails but have just no oomph for it today.

I am hoping it's temporary and all your fab advice will re-motivate me, and this oomphless phase will not last long.

Hopefully I can take my own advice- great at dishing it out just can't seem to do it myself!!!

I am just doing damage limitation at the mo'. Making sure I don't mess it all up over a temporary blip, keeping things ticking over and hoping that soon I will be re-energised.

I DID have a plan last week which was to try going back to red/green days just for a change and to make me look at it with fresh eye- that all was going well until the weekend!!!!

Good luck, mate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (and if you find a magic formula to instantly pick you up, let me know lol)xxxxxxxxxxx

I have days where I lose my oopmh. Only thing is those are the days when I can't even be bothered to eat, which can be worse than over eating.

I have days where I lose my oopmh. Only thing is those are the days when I can't even be bothered to eat, which can be worse than over eating.
I NEVER have days when I don't want to eat! lol
I have never had an emotion in my life, good or bad, which couldn't be made better with food ;) xxx

OH PRETTY LADY Hellie no panic i am half way through like you and i have been at stale mate for a month it's doing my nut in but i just thought hey today i'm going to do something about it so i have been hundred percent and i'm gonna battle through keep thinking of the lovely dress and how nice it would feel to say actually i need a 12 this is toooooo big XXXXXX

Ooh I know what you mean! I do have days when I can't be bothered to eat. Or rather, days when I can't be bothered to cook or make myself anything healthy...so I end up just eating crap. Or random stuff and not a proper meal...a bag of ryvita minis and a boiled egg.

Hopefully I can take my own advice- great at dishing it out just can't seem to do it myself!!!
...all was going well until the weekend!!!!

Oh me too. I can spout forth til th'cows come home but as for doing it...tsk!

Yeah, weekends kill me. Just when I think I've got a handle on how to cope with them, something comes and bites me on the arse!

lol it's more of a 'I dunno what I want, so I'll stuff it and have nothing' frame of mind.

Sounds like most tuesday nights for me hun! tuesdays my late in the salon and i honestly always forget to take the meat out the freezer, or buy what i need the day before.. by the time i get home im so tired and moody, i either end up getting mad and eating nothing or going out to eat!

everyone has those days, im so just under half a stone away from target, btut i still get days where im like ' oh for godsake just hurry up and shift!' and others i just relax and take my time with it and know it will come off eventually

i think youv just gotta stay on track and try to push ur self through it, cause it will pass.. and you are doing so well.. just be true to yourself and prepare yourself for these moments! of corse we are all here to support you, and coach you through these days, but your not alone.. and you will get there! *promise*! xxxxxxxx

Back