I'm new and a little confused :/

newme2

Hi all , i joined sw last night and started the journey today :) But i'm a little confused i dont know if i'm doing it properly ??

Today i have had a mushroom omlette for lunch (cooked with fry lite)

Teatime i just had the sw chips (boiled then cooked in the oven with with fry lite ) with lots of mushrooms and black pepper !

My Healthy extras i've had 40g of light cheddar cheese and 1 slice of wholemeal bread !

Does this sound ok ?

I'm so confused :/

thanks emma

It follows the plan but doesn't seem like a lot. As long as your not going hungry and you add some syns x

I would say it's fine but you are not using your free food or syns-- I would eat this as well as apples, bananas,etc, a tin of beans with my omeltte and a huge salad with free cottage cheese with the chips, muller lights and and a curly wurly!

Also what did you have for breakfast?

Hi all , i joined sw last night and started the journey today :) But i'm a little confused i dont know if i'm doing it properly ??

Today i have had a mushroom omlette for lunch (cooked with fry lite)

Teatime i just had the sw chips (boiled then cooked in the oven with with fry lite ) with lots of mushrooms and black pepper !

My Healthy extras i've had 40g of light cheddar cheese and 1 slice of wholemeal bread !

Does this sound ok ?

I'm so confused :/

thanks emma

Would say def not eating enough have a look through other members diaries for some ideas
Good luck losing the lbs xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds alright to me hun, I have had an hungry day today and haven't stopped eating. Try to eat more fruit, yogurts and have some of your syns hun x

ditto everyone above.

looks like you're on a diet, remember SW isn't a diet its a healthy eating plan.

Did you buy the magazine? its a good idea to get some ideas of menus and recipes to try.

As mentioned above look at some of the food diaries in the food diary section to get an idea of what other people eat.

Good luck and keep coming back for advice and ideas xx

That sounds really good. I messed up totally, this is my first week and I haven't got much in that I can eat so I've hardly had anything. I had a tray of fruit and a mugshot the other day, I nearly passed out!

Hi all thanks for the reply's , Have i got to use my sin's daily ? I was planning to keep them for the weekend to have a few alcohol drinks ! I will take a look through the food diaries like suggested , I'm finding it very hard to understand at the moment but i've heard this is normal ? I don't normally do breakfast but i will start having some wholemeal toast :)

Emma

Use your syns as you want. You can save them for booze at the weekends but be aware that some people don't loose weight doing this (me :( ) and still gain even though they have stuck to plan otherwise.

Remember SW works best when you eat more of the good foods, so try to eat more fruit and veg.

I notice that you are not eating any meat- are you a veggie?

I don't eat red meat or fish , now and again i will have chicken breast when i'm in the mood , I'm such a fussy eater i'm scared of failing :(

Hi all thanks for the reply's , Have i got to use my sin's daily ? I was planning to keep them for the weekend to have a few alcohol drinks ! I will take a look through the food diaries like suggested , I'm finding it very hard to understand at the moment but i've heard this is normal ? I don't normally do breakfast but i will start having some wholemeal toast :)

Emma

Hi Emma

Welcome to SW and Minimins. I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll love it!

I like to save syns for the weekend too but I usually still try to have about 5 each day and carry over some of the rest for my wine at the weekend. Not sure this would work for everyone but it seems to work for me and it means I'm not missing out on my 'treats' during the week.

Good luck with the plan x

You can save them for a boozey weekend? I didn't know that, I thought it was pretty strict on no more than 15 per day, regardless. [adds 6 bottles of wine to Tesco order]

You can save them for a boozey weekend? I didn't know that, I thought it was pretty strict on no more than 15 per day, regardless. [adds 6 bottles of wine to Tesco order]

My consultant certainly says you can, although I'm not sure that everyone agrees with this. She did it when she was on the plan and it worked for her and I've done it a few times and it's been okay, as long as you don't get too carried away mind you! :)

My consultant certainly says you can, although I'm not sure that everyone agrees with this. She did it when she was on the plan and it worked for her and I've done it a few times and it's been okay, as long as you don't get too carried away mind you! :)

Advice from consultants varies wildly! But even my somewhat militant consultant says that if you have a big night out planned, you can save syns for it. She does say that you should still have 5 a day to stop you feeling deprived, but tbh, I can easily have 2 or 3 syns one day and then 18 the next. It all depends on my mood.

As long as overall you have no more than 105 a week you should be okay to do it occassionally.

So good to know that, I've just booked a romantic trip for me and my BF so I WILL be able to drink all the free champagne :)

You can always flexi-syn as well for special ocassions, I tried for my work's Christmas night out and it didn't harm my weightloss that week (maybe I was just lucky though!). There's loads of threads on here about it.

Thanks Veggie - I'll speak to the leader next week, get her views on it. To be honest it's mostly alcohol to blame for my weight gain so I should probably cut it right down, apart from the odd special occasion.

Back