I'm new and want to share my story..

Hi Guys,
I'm new here but wanted to share my story for people looking to start their Lighter Life journey and are unsure whether to go for it or not!

So, I started Lighter Life 13th July this year at 14st6lbs and a BMI of 31.5! I was huge! I'm 18 and 5'7 and just felt like a massive balloon! So my Mum heard about this diet through a member of our family who had done amazingly on it and the advert had just started showing on the telly, so we both thought we'd give it a go together. Bit of support for each other and all that!
Well, after the first few days I hated all the soups that I had tried as they were thick and it had made me realise that the only reason I use to like soup was because I'd dunk half a loaf of bread in it and never just drink the soup!! But I found alot of love for the vanilla and chocolate shakes. ALOT of love!
Through the first few days I had THE worst headache ever - I felt awful! But I struggled through because I was not happy with how I looked and was focused on getting through at least the first week. So that's what I did, I struggled on and went to my first weight in..I'd lost 13lbs! I couldn't believe it and it spurred me on to carry on another week.
I had my week 5 weigh in this week and have lost a total of 2st2lbs and am down to 12st4 with a BMI of 26.5, i've got another 13lbs to lose to get into the health BMI range and I am now, more than ever, determined to carry on.
I won't lie, it has been difficult. I've had nights out where I've been the only sober girl in the group and I've just been on a weekend away where everywhere I turned was all my favourite foods. Crisps and dip, CHOCOLATE - but I can now say I have sat through a meal in a Chinese resturant (love Chinese food) and ate nothing. Sat their with my Raspberry and Cranberry bar and sipped on a glass of soda water. I am extremely proud of myself because if you knew me, then you would know that I LOVE my food!
So if you're reading this and maybe thinking about doing Lighter Life or are currently doing it but are struggling then think of it like this - It's 14 weeks out of your WHOLE life. Your whole life that will no doubt have been made longer because of starting this programme. So stick with it or give it a go! You're favourite crisps are still going to be there at the end of the programme, Chinese food isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it in the next few months.
Stick with it!!

Hope reading this has helped maybe a little, I would definetly recommend Lighter Life.

:)

What a lovely encouraging post - congratulations on your weight loss - its fantastic!
keep looking forwards and forget about those unhealthy foods - you will be so thrilled with your new body, that you will learn to love and enjoy the healthy food going forward xx

I love this diet, it's really working as I can now actually see in myself. I brought some size 14 trousers about 2 weeks ago and they are already getting loose! I love it!! And people have now started to comment too :)
You have all done so well, it's great to be able to talk to other people who are actually knowing exactly what i'm going through. I haven't really told alot of people I know so this is a great way to say how i'm feeling about it!

Well done CC... I also can't advocate this diet enough... I feel that it has literally saved my life!! I was in such bad shape when I started just about 40 weeks ago!! Now...energy alert!!! I'm inbetween sizes at the mo - 14/16 - it's so exciting when you go down a size isn't it? Good luck with the last little bit, I'm sure you'll be there in no time!!!

Hi Guys,
I'm new here but wanted to share my story for people looking to start their Lighter Life journey and are unsure whether to go for it or not!

So, I started Lighter Life 13th July this year at 14st6lbs and a BMI of 31.5! I was huge! I'm 18 and 5'7 and just felt like a massive balloon! So my Mum heard about this diet through a member of our family who had done amazingly on it and the advert had just started showing on the telly, so we both thought we'd give it a go together. Bit of support for each other and all that!
Well, after the first few days I hated all the soups that I had tried as they were thick and it had made me realise that the only reason I use to like soup was because I'd dunk half a loaf of bread in it and never just drink the soup!! But I found alot of love for the vanilla and chocolate shakes. ALOT of love!
Through the first few days I had THE worst headache ever - I felt awful! But I struggled through because I was not happy with how I looked and was focused on getting through at least the first week. So that's what I did, I struggled on and went to my first weight in..I'd lost 13lbs! I couldn't believe it and it spurred me on to carry on another week.
I had my week 5 weigh in this week and have lost a total of 2st2lbs and am down to 12st4 with a BMI of 26.5, i've got another 13lbs to lose to get into the health BMI range and I am now, more than ever, determined to carry on.
I won't lie, it has been difficult. I've had nights out where I've been the only sober girl in the group and I've just been on a weekend away where everywhere I turned was all my favourite foods. Crisps and dip, CHOCOLATE - but I can now say I have sat through a meal in a Chinese resturant (love Chinese food) and ate nothing. Sat their with my Raspberry and Cranberry bar and sipped on a glass of soda water. I am extremely proud of myself because if you knew me, then you would know that I LOVE my food!
So if you're reading this and maybe thinking about doing Lighter Life or are currently doing it but are struggling then think of it like this - It's 14 weeks out of your WHOLE life. Your whole life that will no doubt have been made longer because of starting this programme. So stick with it or give it a go! You're favourite crisps are still going to be there at the end of the programme, Chinese food isn't going to disappear if you don't eat it in the next few months.
Stick with it!!

Hope reading this has helped maybe a little, I would definetly recommend Lighter Life.

:)

FANTASTIC POST Choc Chip !!!

thanks for sharing your experience :D

and WELL DONE on your loss so far - brilliant !

Debz xx

That's really inspiring - it gives me hope! I start CD tomorrow, which I understand is similar. I just hope I can get through the first few days. I guess it might be the same as when I started some medication - made me feel rough but I knew if I stuck with it it would do me good in the long term and of course it did. Keep posting; it's great to have people just ahead of me to emulate!

Go for it, all you really have to remember is that it's not forever. You might miss a few nights out or parties but there are always going to be others in the future. That's how I look at it and that's what has kept be going..looking to the future and how great i'm gunna feel on the beach in my bikini or when I walk into my work party in a gorgeous black dress! Oooh, cannot wait lol! :)

Hi CC, a very inspiring post. I started LL last week and went in for a pop in weigh in, I'd lost 11.66 lbs. I went in for my weekly weigh in yesterday and had put on .2kg. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I have stuck to the diet to the T and felt really let down, but then my LLC said that this could be due to water retenion and TOTM, which makes sense. I started this morning with a high that 11lbs in 5 days is amazing in itself and if a diet could do that then I am definately sticking to it! This forum is amazing and its one of the reasons In joined LL. Good luck to all :)

hiya. a great post - brilliant incentive and good advice. im just going into week 5 and have lost a total of 20 pounds on LL. i would just echo your words and say that it is so well worth sticking to the 14 weeks - such a short amount of time out of your whole life. congratulations on your fab weight loss and good luck with the rest of your foundation. have a good week. x

:eek:

Oh thanks so much for your post, I am going to an information meeting about it tonight as i am really keen to lose all the weight I have put on over the last couple of months. I have been on this reading psts trying to decide if im gonna be able to stick to it. However after reading this I feel totally inspired and just want to start it NOW!! Im guessing it will be a couple of weeks as I have to get drs thing but am glad i have this meeting tonight. My boyfriend isnt too keen as he says i never stick to anything. I dont think he knows how unhappy and disgusted I am with myself. I guess WW didnt work for me because I was allowed to eat junk within points but I sort of let myself go over then it got out of control. I just feel i need food to be taken out of equation while I sort out my relationship to food

Thanks again for your post I am defo going to do this to the end. Thanks so much
x :party0011:

CC, thank you for sharing that. I've got my first meeting on Sunday so I'm starting to get really excited now and it is great reading about other Lighterlifer's experiences. :eek:) x

Back