I'm new here

Micci

Gold Member
Hi every one,

This looks like the right venue for my approach to weight loss. Thank you for being here.

I have had two previous serious weight losses, from being big but fit I piled on weight until I reached over 18 stone. I lost nearly 4 stone with SW, regained most of it and lost again partly going to SW groups and using the SW approach with the support of another online community and got down to UK size 14 and was looking forward to wearing size 12 clothes.

Now my fatness has returned and at last I'm looking deeper into the emotional reasons for all this.

I've gained just over 50 pounds in a year before I finally worked out that I was shouting as loudly as I could to myself and the world that I could not cope with my family difficulties.

(Expletives deleted) I wish I'd listened before. Still, I know now and have gone into councelling and it looks as though the family members with problems are getting the support they need which means it is no longer falling so heavily on me to support them. And resent them and their problems too, which lead to guilt on my part ... eh, thoughts can get so convoluted sometimes.

I'm listening to Renee Stephen's podcasts. Anyone else here listening to them?

Also, I'm listening to Paul McKenna's CDs but not as he recommends as I cannot totally escape the diet mentality and am still doing a SW approach. I want to lose at least three stone FAST but realise it took a year to go on and probably will take at least as long to go. Still, to have lost significantly by summer would be great.

Aawww well done you for getting counselling and getting the rest of the family to face up to their issues.I hope it works out for you and you get to your goal.Good luck.x

Yes, well done for getting the counselling. If you are anything like me you eat to hide feelings in an attempt to avoid the stress.

I've never heard of Renee Stephens I shall go and google. Good luck on your weight loss

Thanks for the welcome. If you want to hear the podcasts google on inside out weight loss podcast and that should get you there.

I've been exploring the site most of the day and am intrigued by the Beck discussion board that I'm not allowed into yet. Sufficiently interested (ha - nothing like not being allowed somewhere :) ) to google and order a book from Amazon that does look good

I concur with the others, you're on track and getting the necessary help - which is a great thing.

Welcome to minimins, I'm new, too, and find the people here to be wonderfully supportive and kind. x

Back