I'm new too! *DISCLAIMER- may require tissues when reading*

Hope you're having a good day Emm xx

Hi Hun :) been pretty frazzled today...mad day nannying with the boys. Breakfast was toffee ML and banana, then I gave in to 2 x ginger snaps at toddler group (but stuck to black coffee)
Lunch was 4x scan bran with mushrooms and beans, and a smidgen of cheese. Then a bit later I had lady night's curry leftovers (free because I made with FF yoghurt)

I did also have 6 chocolate coins when I was in need of a sugar boost.

Feeling really knackered now so went to Waitrose armed with my new free branded foods book and found crusted lamb rumps (free, hurrah!) bought a bag of pre-cut butternut squash (oh the shame) to bung in the oven and will do some other veg and potatoes to have with.

Panicking about this weekend as I'm so busy I know I need to be prepared but am leaving the house early ish then not getting back til late so I need to prep it all either now (can't bear the thought of more effort!) or tomorrow (no lie-in!)

Any ideas for some filling foods to take in a pack up that won't spoil over the course of the day?

Mmmn that lamb is really good, I can't afford to buy it too often though lol I've got some plain old lamb shoulder for this weekend though, might try and recreate the herby crust myself for a couple of syns, hmn...

Re lunch ideas: Will you have access to cooking facilities? If you do the easiest thing is probably to take stuff like baked beans to have on toast or with a jacket potato.

If there's a subway you can get to their salad bowls ares a good option (one I use regularly for workday lunches) - you can have turkey, ham, beef, chicken breast for free food and get double meat if you're really hungry.

Or you could make up some pasta/rice/couscous salads with something like a healthy extra of cheese, tinned tuna or mixed beans for protein - maybe keep any vinaigrette/dressing in a separate container and add it when you're about to eat. Or a good old sarnie with plenty of salad in to bulk it out? Maybe invest in some cool packs you can put in a lunch bag to keep things cool if you don't have access to a fridge. For snacks fruit obviously, synfree yogs, alpen lights (3 syns each), 10 cal hartleys jelly pots (0.5 syns each) etc.

Don't worry if things don't go exactly on plan over the weekend, you'll get better at working out what foods fit in best with your busy schedule over time :)

Rehearsals are in the middle of nowhere, so I'm expecting there to be nothing, so really need to be prepared.

I've made up this evening:
Pasta salad (pasta, fromage frais, cucumber, radish, apple, celery) with leftover roast chicken separately
Tzatziki with carrot sticks

Then I'm going to pack strawbs, blueberries and yoghurt too.

I'll throw in a couple of hifis just in case, with some coke zero. I imagine I'll get tempted by the cake sale at work in the morning, so will have hi fi to curb cravings.

The thing I'm really finding hard at the moment is having crunchy things. My jaws ACHE I'm craving it so bad. Think it's the lack of crisps and biscuits compared to normal.

You sound armed and ready to go for a SW day lol

I know what you mean about crisps and biscuits. I'm trying to avoid crisps as I really can't stop with those. You could use your healthy extra on some crackerbread spread with light philly? I think you get 5 or 6 wholegrain crackerbread for a hexb or they're 1 syn each so you get a decent amount :)

Hope your day goes well xxx

Such a busy active day! Been flinging myself around a dance studio all afternoon, and must have been working hard as I worked up a sweat!

I slipped last night when I woke up at 5am and ate a toffee whoopie pie Id bought for OH (im guessing 15 syns from similar on syns online), plus a WW choc mousse. (5syns)

Today I had banana and black coffee for brekkie, resisted the cakes at work and had a hifi light bar, then lunch was chicken and pasta salad (free) and fruit (free) with my 2nd hifi bar (x2 for HE)

I'm so knackered and OH has been working hard, I think we might end up getting a takeaway tonight :-/

How are you getting on today Emm? Sounds like you'll have no probs picking up Body Magic awards!

Mmn, it's the whoopie pie's fault for being so delicious lol Don't fret over it :) If it helps, some people choose to count their syns over a week rather than sticking to max 15 a day - then it doesn't feel like you've messed up if you have a high day once in a while xx

Yesterday was a good day :)

Another day in rehearsals, so I started with sautéed potatoes (frylight) and baked beans.

A hifi bar and black coffee on the drive there, and then 2 scan bran with Philly, cucumber and yellow pepper for lunch.

I also had fresh fruit and mullerlight.

We went out for tea to a place that does amazing burgers and chips, but I had salmon, veg and noodles, with sauce on the side, and I felt quite proud of myself. OH decided he wanted a pudding (he never has pudding...grrrrr) so I shared a sundae with him 30/70

This morning I woke up at 6am totally disorientated and ended up having a complete chocolate binge :((( I now feel sick AND hungry as 4 bars of chocolate may taste good, but they certainly don't fill you up....lesson learnt.

I'm not seeing much movement on the scales which is so frustrating because exercise-wise I've been really going for it, and all through the weekend (chocolate excepted) I've made the right choices.

I guess I'm feeling a bit 1 step forward, 2 back right now :-/

I feel totally and utterly rubbish today. I think it could potentially be a bit of a comedown episode following such a full on weekend, but I'm feeling the effects now and feel very low indeed.

Have managed to get back on track .....ish but my willpower is ever decreasing

I'm not sure what to say to be helpful other than I know how you feel :sigh:

Try not to peek at the scales, get your O/H to put them somewhere you can't get at them and stick to once a week WI's only - the scale hopping won't do your morale any good. Keep going and take it one meal at a time, don't be too hard on yourself xx
:bighug::bighug::bighug:

I've eaten a mountain of chocolate buttons today. :(

I had grapefruit and black coffee for breakfast, then duck noodle salad as I ate out with the boys for lunch. But I then had a bakewell slice. :(((

I'm feeling ill from just generally being crap at restraining myself.

When did you eat the buttons? I definitely think you need to have more at breakfast to help see you through. Was lunch not very filling either? Maybe try and swap alpen lights for either some cereal/porridge/toast with brekkie or some brown bread with dinner to get some more complex carbs in x

I agree ^ i always have to have something quite big/filling for breakfast or i'm tempted to snack throughout the day. Do you have any low syn treats in? Mikados, Mini Marshmellows, Curly Wurlys, Mini Milks, Meringues, Hot chocolate? They always hit the spot and don't require any effort to make. How about some strawberries topped with low fat cream?
Maybe make up some savoury rice and put it in a container for emergency snacks?
There are so many options that don't have to be high synned. I hope you feel better soon :)

It's more that I don't really have time for my own breakfast on the days I have the boys so fruit and coffee is the quickest thing.

I have a lot of low syn snacks, but the trouble is, when they're there, I just eat them in one go! It's all majorly linked to my mood, when I'm feeling positive I eat so much better.

I'm the same with snacks so I usually don't bother buying any and just get single serve things for when I -really- want them... Mn could you make something like a bacon sandwich to have in the morning when you get a moment mid-morning? Just adding a yog to your morning fruit would help too.

Low mood is a pain in the bum :( But you'll get better at managing it overtime with practise and hopefully the good choices + positive mood will snowball. I don't know if this sounds silly but taking pictures of my meals and posting my full food diary on here really seems to help me stay focussed... I'm not sure why, I guess it gives me an extra boost to see a picture of a nice meal made with free foods than take a picture of a chocolate bar, if that makes sense? Just an idea :)

Keep letting us know how you're doing, hopefully it helps you feel a little better knowing you're not alone - we've all been in the same position at one time or another xxx

I'm an emotional eater, I have had and i'm currently having counselling for it at the moment. My counsellor has told me to keep track of my moods, write EVERYTHING down. So whenever i feel a little down and start craving bad stuff i write it down, then later on i can look back on it and see what situations trigger me to want bad food. Then I try my best to distract myself from getting into those moods, it doesn't always work... but it has certainly improved a lot and doesn't happen as often anymore. It's been a real eye opener too.

:bighug:

Sitting in group now waiting for kick off.

Amazed that I lost a lb this week, considering how up and down I was.

Still feeling very delicate and my emotions are haywire but gritting my teeth and staying because if I go home I'll feel worse.

Is there any way we can exchange contact details privately so us emotional eaters can support each other offline too?

Aww well done on the loss hun. Have you spoken with your consultant about how you're struggling as she should be there to help you and possibly pair you up with a buddy from your class.

There is a private message function on minis where you can exchange info with friends directly though I think you have to have done x number of posts on minis before you can use it, can't check it for you just now as I'm on my phone.

You can always post in the general forum 24/7 if you're struggling, there's always someone else awake somewhere :)

Have you got any holiday time coming up? You sound like you have a very hectic schedule and could probably do with a couple of days to get away from stress xx

Back