I'm new too :o)

spoonz

Hello all! :)

I'm new to minimins and have been attempting to start the cambridge diet for the past week.

I'm a final year medical student with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS past 5 years) and have been meaning to start CD for years but never had a week off to concentrate on starting CD. As a result of my ongoing CFS I sadly now have to resit my finals next June but have 6 months until January until hospital rotations begin again. I want to use this time finally as the time I've been wanting to take off to recooperate/recover and lose some weight to help with the tiredness which has been up til now been impossible due to the nature of the course running through the whole year.

The first week of CD (Sat-Sat) didn't go well sadly! with lots of bad news and unfortunately associated cheating (3 days of cheating one meal, 4 days of sticking to CD). Monday = religious ritual (involving eating) for my best friend's father's passing. Wednesday = found out I'd have to resit, and lost the job I had lined up for 2 years. Lots of money worries. Friday = found out fiance deselected from ongoing paying post by some freak of administration leaving us both now in rocky finances.

There is likely more bad news to come but my fiance and I are committed to losing the weight we need to. I now have the time to focus more on it and my first goal is to complete a week with no cheating. :rolleyes:

Despite cheating -6lbs in the first week. Have 90lbs to lose! :mad:

That's it from me. :)

Good luck on your weight loss. Theres tons of support on here to keep you going.

Good luck with CD-the support from here is invaluable when you need it. You can make a real difference in a very short time if you are prepared to stick with it.

Back