I'm new....

Mia01101

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this, am meeting with the CDC tomorrow to start the road to losing weight....

I need to get rid of 1.5 stone of baby weight(baby is 8 months old) and 3 stone of other weight....

Can anyone give me any tips on how to get through the first week...I'm already on the drinking loads of water lark...so any other tips would be greatfully received.

Thank you

M

Hellooooo Mia - great to meet you !!!

you'll have that weight off in no time !!!

good luck :D

Debz
xx

Hi Mia, welcome to your new home...lol
Great to have you on board :D

Hi Mia :D

Well with an 8 month old baby I don't need to say try and keep yourself busy, do I?!!!:)

The best advice I can give would be to sleep when your baby takes naps, drink as much water as you can (hot or cold), read as much as you can about CD success stories, look at success pictures on here, ask for support and above all.........

..be kind to yourself, whatever mood you feel in. Go with the flow, ignore anyone who tries to sabotage you and put you at the top of your priority list!!

Is that enough to be going on with for now? :eek: :D

Lacey :)

Hi Mia,
Welcome. It gets easier after the first couple of days. I'd advise to keep really busy first couple of days - not difficult with a baby. Long walks with the buggy???

Hi Mia and welcome to minins, fab advice given already and Ive nothing to add other than in July last year I was a complete newbie too, Ive been six months at (or around!) goal now so it can be done x

Hiya, welcome to mini's

my advice to you would be to read the inspirational stories & look at before & after pics on here, i do everytime i feel like giving up, it works for me as it is great motivation, and is a good place to come just to chat, you'll find loads of support here.

:grouphugg:

hey hun

nice to meet u :) everyone on here is lovely, so if u ever need advice, to moan or need extra encouragment to stick to it jus shout :) i love te success thread hve u managed to have a quick look? ooo and start a blog too its fab

best of luck and i look forward to ya hearing of ur losses

xxx

Hiya Mia!!

Welcome to minimins!!!

Erm, advice I'd give is to maybe consider a diary.. That way when you're needing that bit of a boost you can read back through it, reading all the highs and bits where you felt really good!! Motivates you to carry on!!

And record your measurements, they will fall down so quickly!!! Oh - and take your before pic quickly, in 4 weeks I've lost 15lb (waiting to tomorrow to update my ticker which is why they dont tally!) and I've chaged a lot already!!

Good luck!!!!!

Hi and welcome to the site, everything has already been said though...lol.
The first week is the hardest, if you get a headache take your usual painkiller and drink plenty of water.......yes you will here water an awful lot now.

Hi Mia

Nothing to add to the fab advice already been given. Just wanted to say Hi and welcome and good luck with your start.

Jazzy x

mrcbjy.gif

i agree with what everyone else has said
i`m on week 4 now and 1st 2 weeks were the hardest
when you think you cant do it and feel like eating go have a bath or read a book or go out
and keep looking on here as it will inspire you
kaz :D

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! I work full time as well(hard with a 3.5 year old and an 8 month old) but my hubby(mr. superfit skinnymalinks!!) is going to come out with me on walks with the kids or I'll even take the little one and he'll look after the other fella. I've also been tracking some CD ladies on a parenting website that I'm on and some of their loss is just astounding...I'm really looking forward to meeting my CDC tonight, I've already downed 2 litres of water in anticipation...

I love the diary idea plus the keeping busy(not hard really). I've looked at the success stories on here and they are a complete inspiration...I know I can do it...I don't want it to come off too fast...but I don't want it back on!!!!

There is a theory that the slower the weight comes off the longer it stays off.. Now I subscribe to that to a point - but not in terms of the CD..

People who lose weight at this speed are often crash dieting.. They're not making any lifestyle changes... So therefore the weight comes off - but they go back to their old ways and put it on again. We've all seen how quickly the weight comes off with CD (much to the amazement of friends/workmates etc) but it's not a crash diet. There are a lot of plans to work through which will support you with the sort of things to eat from then on! So that will become your habit - and you're more likely to keep the weight off. Where people lose half a pound a week (or what ever) with the slimming clubs, they take a year to lose two stone and therefore have a long time to completely change their outlook to food. But as long as that outlook is changed, does it really honestly matter whether it's changed in 2 months or a year?

If you want to keep the weight off, ya will!!!

Good luck!!

Back