Im not hungry...can I

ghemz2001

I didnt have my lunch shake until 3.45 as Im just not hungry, and now ive had a hot bath and pampered myself and realised i havnt had tea, can I skip a shake?

You really shouldn't skip a shake. If you do you are not getting all the Vitamins and Minerals that you need for the day. So get your backside in that kitchen and get shaking lol:D

LOL :wave_cry: on my way!! ( made me giggle) x

I skipped a few last week and pharmacist said it's a bad idea as your body doesn't get the nutrients it needs so the fat burning process slows down and you don't lose as much... Not sure if it's true but I've been strictly 3 shakes this week so far!

Im gonna have it. im just not hungry thoe!!

Just lol'd at myself Ghemz as I realised that I haven't had my last shake.....off to the kitchen for me too :banana dancer:

You need to remember this isnt a conventional diet. You cant wait til youre hungry, when youre in ketosis you might not be hungry for days and days at a time. Think of your packs as medicine, you MUST take 1, 3 times a day, like it or not ;)

I've not had my third yet either but think I will go have it now with hot chocolate with coffee mmm yum!

You are all quite correct ladies but now I'm going to tell you you're also wrong!! :p

In eleven weeks, for one reason or another, I've managed to accumulate five spare shakes. It's been mostly because I forgot to take one as not feeling hungry it does slip my mind and I don't take them at set times during the day. Us men only have two shakes per day so five days in the last three months I've only had half of my daily intake.

You are all correct in that you should really do your best to take them as your body needs the nutrients and starving yourself won't help with your weight loss. But, if you did miss ONE shake once in a blue moon it wouldn't be the end of the world and I would say not worth panicking over. I've noticed no negative effects and I've missed more than I would have liked to.

If you can don't miss any but if you do then don't fret too much - just don't do it again!! :p

Oooh, controversial little me. :D

Good point MrC I doubt missing on in a week would make too much of a difference but I had been missing one a day

Can I just point out that i was missing less than one a fortnight, not one a week. As I said I think you need to try your best not to miss any.

The bonus is that with my 'spares' I shouldn't find myself in the situation you did on Tuesday, Starlight. Every cloud and all that jazz. :D It's interesting that one day missed appears to have had a negative impact on your weight loss though. On a diet, where weight loss is king, that should be all the incentive needed for people to stay on the straight and narrow and not skip any shakes.

My no pack day wasnt down to having no packs in the house it was down to a friend having a serious family crisis and being with her for some considerable time, and just having none with me then by the time I got home I was just worn out and it was 1am and I wasnt going to start having anything then. I think I had less than 1 litre of fluid all day too :(

Im amazed at the impact its had in such a short time. I was doing nicely til then, and I felt dreadful for ages on Wednesday.

Its definitely reinforced to me how important it is to have my packs thats for sure

Back