I'm really confused!

RaspberryOatmeal

We all know that sticking to a low calorie intake will make you lose weight. However, say if you consumed a mere 1,200 calories for the day, but your fat, carbs, sugar and saturated fat consumption was very high, wouldn't that backfire and make you GAIN weight?

Is it true that ONLY the calories will make you fat? And the others don't really matter? I know it's important to limit fat intake for health reasons, but still.

Is it true that ONLY the calories will make you fat?

Well, yes, sort of, though protein helps retain lean mass, so plays a slightly different role (too much will still mean you can gain fat)

Health aside for a moment, the healthily foods will help keep you satisfied as they aren't so calorie dense, so you get more volume for your calories. Protein is more satiating, so again will keep you going longer. Carbs give quick energy, so help keep you active, but low GI carbs (the wholegrain ones etc) will help reduce cravings. Fat is also quite sustaining, but high calorie for what you get.

Your goal BMI is very low Marshkipan. It's in the anorexic range. Please have a rethink. You want to look well and healthy and slim and it's unlikely to be the case with that goal BMI:(

So, basically, I could eat 1,000 calories worth of Snickers bars a day and still lose weight? That seems pretty shocking. I would never try that out, though!

My measurements are currently 33.5 - 25 - 35
I'm thinking that around 95-100 lbs would decrease that a whole lot. So yeah, that's my goal. :)
I don't actually know whether my measurements are good, normal or bad. I would love to get my waist down to 22 or 23 inches, because I'm not happy with 25 inches at the moment.

EDIT: I tend to go by measurements because I'm terrified of scales.

So, basically, I could eat 1,000 calories worth of Snickers bars a day and still lose weight? That seems pretty shocking. I would never try that out, though!

I'm thinking that around 95-100 lbs would decrease that a whole lot. So yeah, that's my goal. :)
I don't actually know whether my measurements are good, normal or bad. I would love to get my waist down to 22 or 23 inches, because I'm not happy with 25 inches at the moment.

You probably could, but when you think about it, that's probably about 2 and a half snickers bars all day. You could lose weight on that, but be starving hungry and very unhealthy.

Getting a waist that small would require a very low and unhealthy weight. I suggest you rethink and take BMI as a lose guide.

Back