I'm really struggling for some reason

Sussex Girl

Hi everyone

I'm not even sure why I've posted this. I've been struggling bigtime since last night. Today is a day off for me and I'd rather be at work, where temptation is out of the way.

I've been totally committed so far but have lost the plot mentally. I've been reading loads of posts the last hour or so to try and get my head right but it's not happening :(

I CANNOT LET MYSELF EAT ANYTHING OR I WILL HATE MYSELF.

I've promised myself I will do this 100% till December and I have to. It's week 4 and I'm cold and want food.

I'm blaming TOTM for making me feel like this - hope it's just that and I haven't lost my willpower. I've lost 20lb in 3 weeks but still a long way to go and for some reason today it feels like a long journey.

Sorry to rant but nobody else will understand how I feel, only you lovely people on here.

Thanks for listening
x

oh Im sorry you are struggling. TOTM has been unbearable for me whilst on CD and each month I come close to jacking it in. I have just finally climbed back on the wagon after about 10 days of messing about.

Please dont eat. You will hate yourself so much for it. Find things to keep you distracted but whatever you do, dont have any food. Stay strong and you will be very proud of yourself.

How much have you lost so far and how much are you hoping to lose?

thanks for replying so quickly Sam.

I've lost 20lb but still need to lose about another 5 stone so a long way off. (target 10.5stone - starting weight exactly 17stone, now down to 15st 8lb yesterday)

I've done Cambridge before, so I'm no stranger to it. I'm just gutted that I seem to have lost the positivity I had up until now. It's almost like I can't be bothered to do it and I don't know why :(

I really wanted to make a big dent in my target by Christmas and I've a big night out planned the weekend before as my reward for SS till then. I'm not going to do the 790 plan as I know it's not for me. If I eat some food then I'll just carry on stuffing. That's why SS seems to work well for me - when my head is in the right place!!

I want the head back that I was wearing the first few weeks. It made life without food much easier :sigh:

:hug99::hug99: Awww Hun,

Christmas isn't that far away and just remember that you can enjoy yourself when you get there.
Well done on the loss so far 20 lbs is an amazing amount to loose and that should keep you motivated. Have you ever tried to carry something that weighs 20lbs?? Just think to yourself that you have lost that!!

I know that I am not going to be the thin me by Christmas this year, but I will BE a thinner me!!

I am only on day 3 myself and going through TOTM also, but I distract myself as much as I can - take dog for a walk, dance around the lounge like a loony (I teach beginners Ceroc Jive!), and as a last resort, I clean and iron!!!

Take care and just think, you have come this far, is it really worth throwing it all away for a couple of seconds of eating rubbish? You will feel bad afterwards too.

Kerry-Ann

x

Hi Susex Girl,
Well done on the 20llb you have already lost, don't eat as you will be dissapointed in yourself.
Have you any pictures of you slim or any pictures of a new outfit you will want when you have lost more weight if so stick it to the fridge/food cupboard to keep you focused.
Next time you are in the supermarket put 20 bars of lard in a basket and realise the great achivement you have already done and tell yourself that in another month you will have lost about another of those bars!!! so keep up YOUR good work.
Love a friend

Hi SG
Poor thing - how are you feeling now??? Have you read the Thread on Emotional Eating???? It really is quite powerful stuff & may help your frame of mind a little.
It must be difficult on days off, I know how I usually spend my weekends so this one's scary for me too xxx

Do not eat, look at how far that you have come. Have something hot to drink if you are cold really it will help. Do not think you can't be bothered imagine if you give in now and eat. Within a few minutes you will regret it. Please think about it. Set yourself a small goal, if it is your day off do something like plucking your eyebrow, paint your nails, go through a photo album. Keep posting and don't give up 20lbs is fabulous and you should be proud.
Julia

thanks everyone for your support.

I know you're all right about not eating. My sisters have just popped down to see me and I had a moan about it to them. They've just gone and now I have to start a mountain of housework.

I want to be able to have a night out at Christmas without feeling like a massive whale (we're going drinking and dancing even though I'm old!!). I know I won't be at goal but I will be quite a bit lighter IF I stick to the diet. I think I might have an extra tetra today if I get desperate.

Please dont eat, i did it and it scared me how much went back on over the course of two days so it's not worth it. Am now going to do 790 for a few days as it's killing me not eating at all now. And yes i'm on a few days off and it's hard when at home eh!

Im sure it is your totm thats to blame, your willpower is still there. Hormones are a b*tch, the week running up to my totm is a killer for me, every month I have a week from hell and I end up buckling and regretting it afterwards and then trying to get back on the straight and narrow again is awful.

Stay strong you can do it.

well I've just eaten a bar in desperation, even though they aren't great for me as they make me hungry for some reason. I just needed to eat, so I figured I would chew my way through a nice caramel CD bar. I've also just had 1 litre of water with it.

I'm going to get through today if it kills me!!!!!

Right, I'm off to do some housework now - back in a bit. Thank you everyone for your support. It's much appreciated xx

You are doing amazingly well, keep going.

TOTM threw it for me, i wanted to and did eat everything in sight, i haven't been on the diet for over a week b ut am starting again tomorrow. If you want to buddy up let me know and we can support each other

thanks Gilly, that would be great. I just can't believe how my head has gone from being totally in the right place to useless in the space of 2 days.

I'm going to carry on though.

Lots of luck for your start tomorrow. YOU CAN DO THIS AND SO CAN I :D

thanks everyone for your support.

I know you're all right about not eating. My sisters have just popped down to see me and I had a moan about it to them. They've just gone and now I have to start a mountain of housework.

I want to be able to have a night out at Christmas without feeling like a massive whale (we're going drinking and dancing even though I'm old!!). I know I won't be at goal but I will be quite a bit lighter IF I stick to the diet. I think I might have an extra tetra today if I get desperate.

I absolutely, totally, wholeheartedly appreciate your feelings about a night out! I feel EXACTLY the same - keep strong xxxx

Good for you, we can do this, apart from missing food for a while which passes i have found it the easiest diet to follow there is just no thought involved. I'm on my works e-mail today, i'll PM you the address.

Back