I'm really struggling.

Bess

Plod, plod, plod.....
I was going to be so positive after the 2 week 'wedding break' and for most of the day I am, but when the evening comes, all of my resolve slips away and I nibble. Last night was the exception, but it was sooo hard and I don't feel at confident that I've cracked it. I am so cross with myself. I've 'only' (ha!) got another stone to go and I'm just mucking about here which is ridiculous - not least because CD is expensive. What is the matter with me and how do I get my motivation back -24 hours a day and not just 23 and a half?
Any advice appreciated. :wave_cry:
Weigh in on Saturday, so I'll see how stupid I've been then.

Hi Bess,

Think we all have those times where we get a low, or don't feel very motivated and even tho our goals are starting to look do-able they also feel a million miles away.

If I were you I'd focus on how you've already done so well and how far you've come. Write a list down of why you want to get to goal and the things you will do when you get there. Also write down how you think you'll feel when you're at your goal.

Think mini goals. Break that last stone into a few sections to aim for instead of looking at the whole stone. Stay on track today and keep positive. You've done so well. You can do this. xxx

Firstly - seriously well done on your weight loss - you have done fantastically well!

Take it one day at a time. When you go to nibble, take yourself away from temptation. Are you working up the plans now? I can see how it is tempting to just have a little more and a little more of something...

It must be hard getting back into it after having a 2 week break. I can see how that last stone feels insurmountable, but you can do it.

I'm in no position to dish out advice, as I have another 3 stone to lose. But just wanted to send you some encouragement. :):):):):)

Thanks so much Sunshine and Lynda, I really appreciate your support. As you can see this morning's weigh in showed an increase of 2lbs. :(
As ever, I've been good so far today, but there's a BBQ coming up this evening..............I wish I could find my enthusiasm again for sticking to CD, 99% just isn't enough, I can ruin it all in the 1% that's left. Tuesday is the day when everything gets back to 'normal'. I am really cheesed off with myself. Sorry for moaning. :wave_cry: Bess x

Hi Bess, I've been moaning all last night and this morning. Felt absolutely dreadful but much better now. You have done so fantastically but that might be the problem-you probably feel quite thin now and the sense of urgency and desperation to lose weight wont be there. I'd do what Sunshine Singer says and break it up into small goals and take one day at a time- get to your bed early too if you eat in evening. You can't stop now when you are nearly there. Once you get there you can have sensible nibbles again! xxx

Oh Broxi,

I'm having such a struggle with this. You are right about the small steps, KD has suggested sticking to SS+ for 7 days and I shall do this, starting tomorrow. I have to get into Ketosis again.....oh dear. I'm sure that if/when I've done the 7 days I'll stick to it then. There have been so many parties and work do's involving meals lately, I just gave up on the diet, but I really want to do the last stone ( it's probably one and a half by now :eek:).
I just haven't stayed in the right frame of mind to continue, there's always an excuse. I have work conferences coming up next week when I shall be meeting colleagues and staying away in swish hotels, but I can just get a week in before and if I'm careful while I'm away........? I think that after about mid July things should quieten down on the meals out front, but then I was thinking of having a party in the summer.....I suppose I'm just making excuses again......?:sigh:
I am cheesed off.

I'm not having a go... I'd love to be looking at the last stone and a half. I think you just have to make a decision, do you want to loose the weight, or do you want to have the meals???

No reason why you can't go to the hotels and stay 100% CD... if you want it hard enough.

Shopaholic - you are so right.... we all have to make the decision between loosing the weight or having the snacks, alcohol, meals out etc..
No-one said that this diet is easy - if it was everyone would be doing it who was overweight. It's hard, it's expensive, but the one overriding factor for me is that it works..I'm at the end of day 3 and my scales are already showing a 4lb loss.. I have never had a diet work for me this quickly... and it is that that is spurring me on...
That and how slim I will feel this summer is skimpy clothes that I haven't been able to wear for the last 7/8 years.
It has taken a lot of soul searching for me to end up here, but it is my time and I will do it...

Hiya, only just got back to your thread now. How are you doing? It's so annoying when we tell ourselves we want something so much and then sabotage ourselves and hate ourselves after. Constant battle and stuck in the same old trap. I think for many of us, we've been in this situation wether on CD or other diets before. So you're def in the right place. Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to get away from the trap. But you will because you want this. Picture yourself at your goal and how amazing you will feel. Hope you get back on the path soon.

Keep posting on your thread and we'll get you there. lots of hugs xxx

Bess, the working away thing can be done on SS or SS+ if you prefer... it's a part of my job too, and you can make it work. I got one of those little cappucino frother battery whisks & made shakes in hotel room, had a bar for lunch... you can away with a lot without even mentioning CD, by saying you're having a lazy room service brekky, that you just fancy a choc bar & coffee for lunch, that you're tired at end of day and want to curl up with a sandwich in room & watch TV. It's not as hard as you imagine, and if you do have to have a business lunch/dinner make it as high protein or low-carb as you can. (& call it 810 so it doesn't feel like a cheat).

With getting back re: motivation, I understand too... have been there. Quite a few times. It's almost as though my head would take a while to actually co-operate with the decision I'd made to be 100%... give it a few days, don't panic, have faith, and keep answering back the little voices that nag you to eat... don't give up, that's the biggie. You have come so far and done SO well honey. You can get that last stone off, I know you can.

xxx

keep going

Hi Bess
This is my first post on this site, well on any actually. Well done to you for the mega weight loss, it shows how positive you have been.

Good advice of taking it one day at a time has already been given, I would go even further and say 1 hour at a time! For me if I can go a morning without nibbling, then an afternoon I say to myself, 'dont jeapodise a day just because of a quick nibble!' Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but when it does I feel so good about myself.

I find I feel quite smug if I go to a party or meal and dont eat. I dont shout about it, but if I can manage not to nibble I know I have done well, so keep at it and be proud of each hurdle you overcome, and aim for 1 or 2 pounds off. I think because of the high losses it is hard to go to a measly one or two, but hey, 1 is better than none.

I struggle with weekends, particularly with the wine, but writing this has helped me get it back into perspective. I want to loose another 2 stones, having lost 3 and a half, so still a long way to go, and it is not easy is it?

I will get back to little goals, morning, afternoon, evening, and there is always bed when the going really gets tough in an evening!

Lets know how you have got on
Diane xx

Thankyou so much all of you. You are all right, Shopaholic, Ferret - I have felt exactly the same as you earlier on in this diet and that I think is why what is happening now seems so scary. I have to learn a method of defeating the little voice inside my head that says 'Oh, stuff it, go on have it.'
The infuriating thing is that it isn't there 99.9% of the time, but the damage I can do in that 1/2%.
Sunshine, it is a trap isn't it? I'm going to try to walk right around it tonight - it's always the evenings for me.
Katy, I've read a lot of your posts, you clearly have done so well and not without a struggle, much of what you have written has been really helpful to me.
And Broxi, I'm think the small steps is the way to go, thankyou. I had planned on a week, but I think it'd better be just a day for now.
I am so grateful to you all for your support, this diet would be impossible for me without your help. I am not just afraid of putting the weight back on, but even more so of the self loathing that would accompany it and there being yet another failure to reinforce my low self esteem. I'm sorry if this sounds pathetic, but it's probably the first time that I've been absolutely truthful about how I feel. I think it's probably only people on here who might understand.
It's my 30th wedding anniversary in August, maybe I should set that as a new goal but I'm reluctant to do this in case I fail.....what a nutter I must be!

Does there have to be a goal date? Just knowing that you are going to lose the weight and finish the journey, then work calmly up the plans and maintain? Sometimes deadlines don't motivate but seem to set us up for failure. I have had many of the same self-esteem struggles and always set the bar a bit higher than I can actually jump... do I want to fail? So I can tell myself 'I told you so'?

One day at a time. You can do it, and you will get back into a zone where that feels possible. Big hugs Bess.

xxx

Does there have to be a goal date? Just knowing that you are going to lose the weight and finish the journey, then work calmly up the plans and maintain? Sometimes deadlines don't motivate but seem to set us up for failure. I have had many of the same self-esteem struggles and always set the bar a bit higher than I can actually jump... do I want to fail? So I can tell myself 'I told you so'?

One day at a time. You can do it, and you will get back into a zone where that feels possible. Big hugs Bess.

xxx

You have summed up the old me very well there Katy. Why are we scared of winning? So bizarre to me

Bess

I am also struggling after a wedding two wks ago (profile pic)and am only just about back on track after a good telling off from my counsellor. I am off to Malta on 4th July so now not gd time to start going backwards. Once food is added to the equation I think it gets harder to then lose it again........in my experience anyway...........good luck and keep strong..............drink heaps of water and distract yourself...bath ....book.....chats on phone or forum......go on you can do it....anyone can if I can..............S.X

First day done --again!

Well thanks to all of you I've done the first day, yesterday SS. And I really do mean thanks to you all. I thought of all the support you are giving me and just felt so much better.
Diane, thankyou for your response, it really helps and Sandy too, my CD is badgering me as well, and I'm glad. Heading for another SS day today and weigh in tomorrow. I shall be glad if I haven't put on too much, I don't expect to lose any, but hopefully will see losses again next week. I am out a lot with my job and not near a loo so it makes drinking enough very difficult and consequently the headache going towards ketosis is.......argh! :(
When I feel the need to nibble I shall think of all the support you are giving me and I won't give in. Katy, I have felt that maybe I shouldn't have a goal either, but without one I can easily find I put off actually getting on with it. And the other thing I realise I didn't do in coming off the diet was to work up the plans, which I know are so important. New focus needed now and with help from all of you I shall try to succeed this time. Many thanks, please don't go away though.:fingerscrossed:

Bess xx

We're not going anywhere Bess, don't worry!

xxx

Phew,good!:thankyou:

Bess

Looking at the overall picture you are doing amazing so stop beating yourself up.....................I was really down and angry with myself after a measly 1lb off last week but have now decided I reap what I sew so no moaning and get on with it and adjust to my circumstances regardless. I have had no kitchen facilities for over a wk now and could easily have eaten allsorts so I am now thinking well you know what at least I did lose a 1lb and next wk just watch this space cos proper going for a gd loss on Monday.............We can do it Bess we know it cos look how well we have done thus far.......x

Back