im so scared to start again...opinions please!!

TRIVENAM

Getting there!!!
hi every1,

well i did start lipotrim unofficially last week or the week before,basically i had cd shakes left and was to go to the chemist to get my lipo packs,i didnt go :wave_cry:

i am so afraid to start,i know it works but im not up to putting all the weight back on again..

when i did this about 2 years ago i lost over 3 stone i think and i didnt refeed or go to another plan i just piled on the pounds literally in weeks! i remember saying i put 1stone back on in over 2 weeks! i couldnt believe it,my own fault obviously.:sigh:

so in march i started Atkins,and with great success i lost 2 stone in 10 weeks.i got tired of eating the same things though,and like always i never progress to the next stage of any diet in my life,im only 23 and i dont want to be so self conscious anymore,its soooo disheartening and ruining my life..

i stopped low carbing in june and have put on only 6-8lb. then i decided to do the cd,but i really couldnt get into it so i stopped.

i knew lipotrim worked before so i have decided to do this but im terrified ill end up at square 1 again,i know what i need to do,low carb after,i just want to get some other sort of help with my eating habits like hypnotheraphy,councilling,motivation cds,anything just to stop this vicious circle :(

is there anyone that has tried any alternative and extra motivational help while on lipotrim to help with their habits when the weight is gone? any advice would be great,i have the money in my wallet to go down to the chemist in the morning to get started,i just dont know wat to do :cry:

I had felt the exact same way, and i'm the same age too, so def know what your going through. It look me a lot of starts and trying out different diets to finally get to the point were I was really ready to do this again, and for the final time. Its really hard, particularly knowing you've tried before and failed. But we have the added bonus of learning from our mistakes and the hindsight of knowing what could have been. We are young and should be enjoy ourselves but for 23 years I know for me, my weight has been holding me back, there hasn't been a day were i didn't think about my weight and wish i could change it, but i never took the step to do anything about it. When I gave up first time, I was so disappointed in myself for giving up completely on wanting to change myself for the better, it took me to gain the weight back and months of feeling sorry for myself to get to that place were I need to do something, I want to do something and I WILL do something. You can do it too, you know you can do this without cd's or hypnosis etc. You've already made the steps to give it another go, let it be the last one. Constantly remind yourself where you would be right now had you not have stopped. Imagine yourself at Christmas and prepare yourself for how happy you are going to be then.

I knew I was ready to start this diet again, and if I was having doubts about it I dont think I could be maintained it.

It is working great but you need to do whats right for you. So long as you do the re-feed and eat better then there should be no problem with putting the weight back on.

Good luck for whatever you choose.

The sudden weight gain will be your glycogen stores filling up with the accompanying water that goes with it. The weight on top of that is you doubting you can maintain the loss and not following through and changing yr eating habits. If you can bear to do this again you will have fantastic results and will be considerably lighter by Christmas ;-)

you can do it, you just need to change the way you think.. but at the moment just take one day at a time then when your close to goal start thinking about how you are going to maintain.. xxx

I dont think u should start tomorrow. I think you should take a few days to sort your head out and get in the right frame of mind. Come on here and gets loads of motivation. Read the posts and look at the photos. The results speak for themselves and you too could have those results!! And you will have them if you get into the right frame of mind. There is no point in starting untill you are sure that this is what you want to do and that you are willing to make the lifestyle changes that go with that. You can and should do it because you will be so happy when you do. But if you start in an unsure or negative frame of mind you are more likely to crack and give up and then you'll feel crap cos the same old cycle will continue.

You clearly have the streght to do it cos you've already lost an amazing 2 stone!!! But you must go into it with the right frame of mind and knowing the importance of refeeding and maintence,take it as a time to change your eating patters and plan for the future.

I am 24yrs old so i totally relate to everything your saying. I started this nearly three weeks ago at 15stone4 so we started at a simular size but you already have 2 gone which is fab!!! If you stuck this whole heartidly you would be your ideal weight by christmas!!! Thats a pretty exciting thought isnt it?! Dont worry to much about what about after. Concintrate on the now and what you can do now.

Last week i made a big list of questions for myself, really honest ones like how do i feel when i bump into people from school, why am i heavy, if i dont do something will i gain more weight, how could i loose weight, would i stick to a normal diet, what r my options, what do i want, how can i get it, how will i feel if i dont do this etc. I wrote them all done and totally spilled my guts with really honest answers. Its very long and it took ages but straight away i could see that facts in front of me. I could see where my life was going if i didnt do something and i didnt like it. This made it really clear to me that not only did i have to do something but in detail exactly what my best option was. For me it was lipotrim. Maybe doing this would help you. I know it really got me thinking.

You are doing great!!!! You r very able to do it and will get lost of support, you make sure you r ready for it and ready to change your life. Best of luck!!! Whatever u decide you'll do great!!xx (sorry everyone that this is so long!!!...u should see how long my answers to my own weight loss q's were!!!hehe sorry)

oh my god,Missy,Frozen Angel,angie,janie and diffusrnm,thank you all so much for those words,they mean alot,especially when some of you can relate to wat im feeling..im going to spend the weekend just thinking and reading and writing all about everything to do with whats happening in my mind,then come monday i hpoe i will have decided by then.. you girls are so so determined to do this,i want to be that way too,just feel like the spark has gone out of dieting right now lol,but ill get my mojo back soon i hope ;) x x

hello trivenam, this is my prob 6 time doing the lipotrim, i always succeed, getting down to just over 10 stone, im brilliant at it, not so brilliant at keeping it off ..... this time is different for me, i have a new partner he loves me no matter what curves i have, so i have no pressure to lose weight for anyone...but myself, so im going to get to my goal of ten stone and look amazing for our wedding in the new year, its tough and there will be good and bad days, this site is a must ...im on it reading and getting advice, all through the day, lol i say go for it follow it through, and the re-feeding, which i will do this time.....as its a must.. x good luck

Hello Triv - putting it all back on is my greatest fear (probably everyone's). I lost 24lbs and went into refeed for a number of reasons - but one of them was wanting to make sure I can maintain. I started on Atkins and then morphed into the South Beach Diet which has more flexibility. I have stayed at the same weight for two months. I feel really confident about keeping it off now and am going to do another burst of LT. Then I'll maintain it and so on and so forth. I know this way is going to take me longer, but it feels less worrying for me. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I definitely think planning ahead is the way forward. I started dieting in 2006, and over 18 months of low-carbing lost about 1.5 stone. Then I went on LT and lost another 1.5 stone. I didn't refeed properly, I just started eating again, but this coincided with me taking up a new sport and I think that helped keep the weight off - I put on about 9lbs (which took me to 12 stone) and then stayed that weight for almost 18 months. Then I had the contraceptive implant, and despite not changing my eating or exercise habits, I piled on a stone in 2 weeks, and another stone within 2 months of the implant. That was early 2009, and we had quite a bad Winter (I was working outside at the time) so then fell further into the trap of grabbing high-carb, easy foods for lunch (lots and lots of pasta and jacket potatoes!) which actually didn't make me put any more weight on BUT then I stopped my [extremely physical] job 3 months after the implant, so having got into bad eating habits and then but my activity levels, another stone crept on and suddenly I was a stone heavier than I had been when I started dieting in 2006.

It's frightening to think I've been 11st 5lbs before and 'let it' go back on me, but that fear isn't stopping me from trying - it's just making me prepare more thoroughly.

I have already got a plan in my head of how I will maintain my weight loss - once I have reached my goal of 11 stone on TFR, I'll be doing 'day 1' of refeed repeatedly for a fortnight, to start with. Then I'll be moving onto Atkins as I reintroduce other food, but ALWAYS having 1 lipotrim shake a day (probably for lunch as I've always struggled with lunches, on whatever diet I've been on). I imagine I'll stay on Atkins for at least 6 weeks, which will take me to 2 months from finishing the diet (and for me, will probably take me over Christmas - probably wise to not have too much free rein in what I can eat, yet nice to be able to join in with most of the Christmas dinner!) After that, I plan to switch over to GL diet, so I can begin to reintrodice some carbs, but ones that are less likely to upset my blood sugars and make me pile the weight on. I'll stick to the 'losing weight' level of GLs for 4 weeks, then move up to maintenance. So I hope that 3 months after finishing TFR I will be eating my 'diet for life' - it may seem like an overly long 'refeed' but I am going to make sure I keep complete control over what I eat and not waste all of this effort!

I'm also going to keep going back to the pharmacy monthly, as recommended by Lipotrim, to be weighed and buy some more sachets. By this stage I shall probably be having 1 a day Mon-Fri (those pesky lunches!) but not having them on a weekend. If my weight ever starts creeping up again, I'll be already visiting the pharmacy and can always buy extra and up my weekly shakes from 5 to 14, for example, to get me back on track.

This time, I'll take action when I see the scales BEGIN to move in the wrong direction, or when my clothes BEGIN to feel a little tight - not when I've had to start shopping for clothes 2 sizes up!!

Thanks for your comment Bren a whole lot of what you said made perfect sense and I could relate to it. I guess that I'm quite good at the diet bit too, we all seem to have done it before to varying degrees, but we're all back here having to do it again! The goal is not losing the weight it's keeping the bl88dy pounds from creeping, or indeed galloping, back on!

Happy Sunday everyone, anyone unlucky enough to have to cook a roast dinner for the family? My OH is most def not getting one today ..

This is my first time doing tfr and I seem to be good at the 100% diet bit but maintaining does worry me too. I will refeed properly and tbh can't understand why some people don't do it. Is it because you don't properly reach goal? Maintaining will be hard as once my appetite comes back I worry I will eat and eat. But hey at least I will be slim for a while and can do it again if I need to!

I definitely think planning ahead is the way forward. I started dieting in 2006, and over 18 months of low-carbing lost about 1.5 stone. Then I went on LT and lost another 1.5 stone. I didn't refeed properly, I just started eating again, but this coincided with me taking up a new sport and I think that helped keep the weight off - I put on about 9lbs (which took me to 12 stone) and then stayed that weight for almost 18 months. Then I had the contraceptive implant, and despite not changing my eating or exercise habits, I piled on a stone in 2 weeks, and another stone within 2 months of the implant. That was early 2009, and we had quite a bad Winter (I was working outside at the time) so then fell further into the trap of grabbing high-carb, easy foods for lunch (lots and lots of pasta and jacket potatoes!) which actually didn't make me put any more weight on BUT then I stopped my [extremely physical] job 3 months after the implant, so having got into bad eating habits and then but my activity levels, another stone crept on and suddenly I was a stone heavier than I had been when I started dieting in 2006.

It's frightening to think I've been 11st 5lbs before and 'let it' go back on me, but that fear isn't stopping me from trying - it's just making me prepare more thoroughly.

I have already got a plan in my head of how I will maintain my weight loss - once I have reached my goal of 11 stone on TFR, I'll be doing 'day 1' of refeed repeatedly for a fortnight, to start with. Then I'll be moving onto Atkins as I reintroduce other food, but ALWAYS having 1 lipotrim shake a day (probably for lunch as I've always struggled with lunches, on whatever diet I've been on). I imagine I'll stay on Atkins for at least 6 weeks, which will take me to 2 months from finishing the diet (and for me, will probably take me over Christmas - probably wise to not have too much free rein in what I can eat, yet nice to be able to join in with most of the Christmas dinner!) After that, I plan to switch over to GL diet, so I can begin to reintrodice some carbs, but ones that are less likely to upset my blood sugars and make me pile the weight on. I'll stick to the 'losing weight' level of GLs for 4 weeks, then move up to maintenance. So I hope that 3 months after finishing TFR I will be eating my 'diet for life' - it may seem like an overly long 'refeed' but I am going to make sure I keep complete control over what I eat and not waste all of this effort!

I'm also going to keep going back to the pharmacy monthly, as recommended by Lipotrim, to be weighed and buy some more sachets. By this stage I shall probably be having 1 a day Mon-Fri (those pesky lunches!) but not having them on a weekend. If my weight ever starts creeping up again, I'll be already visiting the pharmacy and can always buy extra and up my weekly shakes from 5 to 14, for example, to get me back on track.

This time, I'll take action when I see the scales BEGIN to move in the wrong direction, or when my clothes BEGIN to feel a little tight - not when I've had to start shopping for clothes 2 sizes up!!

what an amazing refeed plan,im totally inspired now to do what you are dong,like me if i upset my blood sugars im doomed,i just want to eat eat and eat so low gl,gi or atkins is best suited to me.. im so thankful you replied this,i feel now that my head is in the right place to start this and i now have a plan on how to refeed and exactly as you say,i wont be waiting until im 2 dress sizes up again to do something about my weight! thank you sooooo much x

You're very welcome - I've been on TFR for 5 weeks and thought I'd put my food-obsessing-time to good use (not actually obsessed over it that much, honest guv, but when the family have gone to eat a meal together it's sometimes made me think about what I'll eat when I can!)

If my research, experiences and conclusions can help anyone then I'm very glad. :D

Back