Im so upset and annoyed!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Iv eated a salad tonight the first out of 5 this week :( all so i can drink a bit of alcohol on friday night! I really REALLY dont want to eat but i have to......oh well id rather eat now than end up in hospital on friday!
Has anyone had a bad turn with alcohol while in ketosis?

I was told not to drink at all whilst on LT. Ive got two parties this weekend, and Im going to be sipping water at both of them.

Could you not skip the alcohol and then you wouldn't have to eat? Ketosis and alcohol are a no no so if you are going to have some you do need to come out of ketosis.

well i have been out and have managed to just stick to the water. i no its not very sociable and my OH hates buying water when we're out but like the food alcohol will still be there when your diet is done.. if your going so well why spoil it just for a few hours.. or just take the chance. good luck.

Iv already posted before saying i dont want people to say "i go out and only drink water" or "you shouldn't need to drink" etc etc im going to have a few on friday and im not going to be in ketosis by then. I just wanted to know if anyone has drunk with being on the diet 100% and whats been the result

I did drink while in ketosis years ago when I was on LighterLife, without being aware of the risks. It was only when I read the stuff on alcohol on this forum that it made sense - I had only been doing LighterLife for a couple of days, so it probably would have been worse had I been doing it for longer. I had one vodka & was completely gone. I remember none of the night, apart from throwing up constantly & am told I got on stage & told the band they were sh*t. I had cuts & bruises all over me, my best friend slept on the floor next to me because she was worried I might choke in my sleep & I didn't really feel right for a good few weeks. Totally not worth it!

I think you really need to either start getting yourself out of ketosis now, or just realise that your long term goals are more important than the fleeting pleasure of being a bit tipsy, and stick to LT.

Hannah

well as iv said before i am going out on friday and i will be drinking because its my choice and i want to do it. Im eating salads all week so im out of ketosis but im still eating healthly

Its just me sorry. Im so determined to do this diet now my husbands started but this night out has been arranged for a year now and its my sisters hen night so its a once in a life time thing. I figure one night off then back on again on saturday will be better doing it by choice than cheating here and there like iv done before. Plus it takes me less than a whole day to get back into ketosis now so its not that bad.

hiys i think someone may have already said on another post. but i dont think salads will take you out of ketosis, its carbs. so you need to slowly inroduce them. small potato or whole grain rice. if you dont have the carbs late in the day then you will burn the energy. but if you eat carbs then sleep thats when the energy gets stored as fat!! i watched that on a random sky programme recently.

Good luck and i hope you enjoy your evening out.

oooh i didn't know that about eating carbs late....thanks for that. :)

As Kezzerbelle said- salads will not take you out of ketosis. You need to re-feed properly and re-introduce carbs. But as you've chosen to ignore everyone else who's told you that I guess you won't pay attention to me either. Anyway- the sticky about drinking contains tales from people who've drunk while on LT, and it's not pleasant reading. It's your life, and you're taking the risk- I hope it's worth it.

I feel the same as irish. People have told you you need to eat other things besides salads to kick your body out of ketosis (although salad does contain a small amount of carbs) otherwise you could end up ruining your night out by getting drunk too quick and not remembering a thing and being ill. Your choice though but if you are so upset and annoyed about 'having' to eat then why eat? You have chosen to eat because you want to go out and drink alcohol so dont get upset and annoyed at it :)

hiya,
im out next Saturday for a meal and drink with my husband so im going to refeed to make sure that im totally out of ketosis and can drink sensibly (its a really bad idea to drink whilst in ketosis)
going to follow the sheet to the letter though then i dont damage my weight loss and dont end up 10lbs lighter from one night out !
ive been told that as long as you refeed properly you'll have no problems

http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-forum/80642-warning.html

Theres one member who has experienced it. Roddy is another (I can't find his thread though- he was carried home and his Dad was up all night as he was puking in his sleep and he had to make sure he didn't choke to death. There was another girl who posted pics of herself after a night out- she was in the bath after her friends had to hose her down after she was sick all over herself & everyone else- she didn't know though, she was unconscious. Please be careful, thats all I'm saying.

Colette199- you're re-feeding for a week after 3wks on lt for a meal out?? Could you not wait another 3-4wks and be at goal and be done with it? Sorry, just curious?

IrishMum;. Colette199- you're re-feeding for a week after 3wks on lt for a meal out?? Could you not wait another 3-4wks and be at goal and be done with it? Sorry said:
Hiya,

No its my 1 year wedding anniversary (and I cant wait to celebrate it with him...slushy i know haha) we've got 2 friends coming up for the weekend and we've got a meal booked in town and a full night out, with a few drinks, Im really looking forward to it, my target is October so Ive plenty of time to go back on TFR so Im in no rush, its not my relationship with eating meals that has put the weight on me, so i know i will be okay have a week of meals then back on, i had a huge weight gain in a short period of time after coming off the pill which was covering my pcos symptoms (only diagnoes last wk), Im going to refeed properly so I dont harm myself if I do have a few drinks

xx

Hiya,

No its my 1 year wedding anniversary (and I cant wait to celebrate it with him...slushy i know haha)
Aww....not slushy at all! LOL!

its not my relationship with eating meals that has put the weight on me...i had a huge weight gain in a short period of time after coming off the pill which was covering my pcos symptoms
xx
I can relate, having an underactive thyroid and possible insulin resistance!
Thank God for LT eh?!;)

Anyone know how Pizzle got on? She hasn't posted since? Just curious...

Back