I'm SOOOO disappointed!! :(

Caz

Repeat Offender
I bought a dress on Saturday because I saw it in a charity shop and loved it. I looked at it, it was a style I've always liked and great condition, the price... absolute bargain, the size... only a couple smaller than now so a worthwhile buy! I bought it with the view to wear it to something in the middle of June. It said that it was an 18, and on my waist i'm 20-22 and bust I'm 18-20 so I figured it would be doable. But I've just had a look at it to see how much it doesn't fit. I can get it on, but it won't zip up totally... unsurprisingly! But as I've looked at it more I thought it looked a bit small for an 18 so just measured it up and it's a 14-16! But it's marked up as an 18 with no size tag inside!

I'm so so disappointed!! I'd had this whole outfit planned around this dress. I had plans to customise it and make it my own. And now there's no chance I'm going to fit in it! No chance at all. There's just over 5 weeks until I was going to wear it. I'd have to lose 6 inches on my bust, 6 on my waist and 8 on my hips! I could get away with a bit less on my hips though, but still probably at least 6. Those are based on last weeks measurements, so it's actually 6 weeks I guess. But still, I'm now not holding out much hope at all and am really disappointed!!

I've lost a lot of inches so far, 5 on my waist, 2 on my hips and 4 on my bust which I'm really happy with in two weeks, but I'm not expecting losses like that to continue and know they'll slow down. Well I guess it's time to start looking for a new outfit and hope that I can find one that gives me the confidence boost that one did without even wearing it.

*mutters something about stupid charity shops and they're stupid labels and sulks off*

Hey hon
Dont be disheartened I bet you the dress fits you before you know it!!! Give it a month or so and try it again . it will probably end up being to big for you!!
Chin up your doing fab xx

Awwwwwww cheer up *big hug*, take it back and tell them they have sized it up wrong and try and find another incentive dress.

I love the dress that much I'll just keep it and try and find another reason to wear it. I think I'm just going to wait and see what I'm at the week or a few days before I want to actually wear the outfit and just go shopping and buy something then because I really don't want the disappoint of finding another outfit I love and then not fitting into it! Maybe if I just work my butt off over the next few weeks staying 100% and doing as much exercise as I can I'll manage to fit into it. Though I'm not holding my breath. Maybe that's my mistake, maybe if I hold my breath I'd be a bit smaller!! :D

Charity shops are notoriously bad, anything nice and vintage that i like are always a size 10 - 12! the larger stuff is all stretch waist trousers and balloon shirts!

i dont buy much vintage though, i have this thing about the way most charity shops smell. much to the disgust of my very stylish mother who gets all her clothes from charity shops (she targets the ones in wealthy areas of the Gold Coast in Australia!)

Caroline, you might be surprised. I found a dress in my wardrobe still with tags on which I had forgotten I had ever bought. Fab dress, very victoria beckham, sort of tight pencil type dress. two weeks ago it wouldnt go over my hips and yesterday it fit! Zipped all the way up! It is still a bit too tight to wear but by next week or the week after it should be perfect. So dont return the dress, put it away for a couple of weeks and try it again. Could be a great surprise!!

Yep I agree, if it is only that the zip wont zip up but the rest fits, I reckon it will fit perfectly by the time you want it or even be too big.... its a great incentive after WI each week to try it on and see how much closer you are to wearing it....

I'm certainly going to keep the dress and I'm going to do all that I can to fit into it! I'm just not going to get my hopes up too high just in case! But I suppose I can still do my customisations to it and if it doesn't fit my then, well, it'll fit me at some point! Just done 15 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of a dance workout DVD so hopefully if I can keep it all up, keep 100% I might just about fit!

I'm certainly going to keep the dress and I'm going to do all that I can to fit into it! I'm just not going to get my hopes up too high just in case! But I suppose I can still do my customisations to it and if it doesn't fit my then, well, it'll fit me at some point! Just done 15 minutes of yoga and 30 minutes of a dance workout DVD so hopefully if I can keep it all up, keep 100% I might just about fit!

aw you will do if your keep that up good luck x

Hey Carolineg, how about spandex type undies? I have a "body" controller and it has always done the trick by reducing my tummy, waist and bust.....but 5 weeks can do wonders...you may well be wearing that dress!!

Yeah I was wondering about something like that. How much difference do they make? Any you can recommend?

Back