I'm starved!

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I've had a Sunday roast at 2, lasagne and chips (all free) about an hour and a half ago and I feel completely starving still! My star week is due so I think that might be the culprit. Any suggestions on how to fill me up? I've left it 30 mins to see if it would pass but still hungry.

On a green day by the way.

Hi, I was exactly the same last week when I was due on......constantly hungry. I was also on a green day and I found that it wasn't until I had some chicken from a HB I finally filled up. and when I was on a red day, I wasn't full till had some carbs. Do you have any HB's left could try that or some nuts.....I've changed to EE since as I can now see the sense of it.

:D

I find scrambed eggs a great snack on any day, but with beans on a green day will really fil you up! Or cottage cheese, chickpea dahl, quorn chicken pieces home made hummous.
One of my favourite snacks in front of the TV on a green day is a tin of green giant sweetcorn! Yum!

Did you know if you make a meal and liquidise it with about 150 mls of fluid it will stay in your stomach longer than if you ate it as a meal with a glass of water. So my motto is always have some homemade soup in the freezer for times like these xx

Did you know if you make a meal and liquidise it with about 150 mls of fluid it will stay in your stomach longer than if you ate it as a meal with a glass of water. So my motto is always have some homemade soup in the freezer for times like these xx
yes i saw that, was it on the 1 show? interesting. :)

It was on a programme my sister recorded for me some time ago. Brilliant scientific research with some valuable weight loss tips. I loved the bit of the over weight lady eating all her healthy food but enough for three people !!!

Yes! I saw that programme too Rosie. Quite an eye opener if I remember rightly.

Soup really is filling. I always keep forgetting that, thinking it'll never fill me up. Then I make some veg or lentil soup and remember why soup rocks!

Sometimes I get The Hunger as well, similarly linked to my hormones! I like really satisfying things. A quick rice pudding is a winner for me. If you've got any HE-A milk left (or even if not, just use some syns...it's not a lot) Pudding rice, cooked with the milk, a grate of nutmeg and some splenda. Lush. Great bedtime food too.

Have you ever made a cous cous 'cake' using a muller light, eggs and sweetner? Some class it as 'food abuse' and non-legal on SW...but I find it a life saver at times of hunger when I just need to eat and eat and eat!

Back