I'm struggling, falling off the wagon :(

krazykell

Ok so I did have Friday and Sunday off plan which I suppose has kind of not helped but today I am struggling sooooo much.

I think it's because it's my week for a visitor which should be today or tomorrow but my goodness do I want some chocolate n cake n pastry n well EVERYTHING!!

Some days I feel like watching everything I eat is just so much hard work n I miss my old dinners of pasties or toad in the hole and batter I miss batter. n I'm getting REALLY bored of salad, salad n more salad at least once a day with something.

I am doing really well so do not want to fall off the wagon now. I have lost 8lbs and have only 17lbs left to go to be at my ideal weight n only 14till my more realistic weight. It doesn't help feeding my toddler n husband n my husband has chocolate or biscuits most days :'(

Sorry for rambling on I am just doing so well and I can see me having a very tough week :(

Thanks for reading

Hi I find it hard to kick yourself up the bum once you've had a taste of all those things but focus remind yourself why your doing it I like to go to the pics on here of before an after they inspire me to carry on can you change your salad for stir fry maybe or a cous cous salad with lots of peppers tomatoes an whatever else you can think of to go in it try making some of the pudding ideas in the recipes to curb your chocolate craving it is hard when the visitors coming it's like being pregnant all over again an resisting the cravings lol you have come this far don't give in now

This is one of the reasons that this place is so valuable. When you fall off the wagon ( and you will, we all have and will again no doubt) theres ALWAYS someone around to throw down the emergency ladder so you can clamber on back up.

You are doing really well and at least you can recognise your danger areas, cakes, and pastries etc and can avoid them.

I in the same boat, with the hubs and the kids enjoying all the tasty stuff, but I find that a reall good read through the recipes and having a good sw friendly baking sesh really gives me a good restart button. Xx

Try the salad challenge - every day try to think of something to have in your salad which you haven't had before. There are loads of things - look down the list of vegetables in your SW book, or go and stare at the displays in the supermarket, and get some inspiration.

Salad isn't always lettuce (although for me it is, as I am addicted to Little Gems!!)

Try the salad challenge - every day try to think of something to have in your salad which you haven't had before. There are loads of things - look down the list of vegetables in your SW book, or go and stare at the displays in the supermarket, and get some inspiration.

Salad isn't always lettuce (although for me it is, as I am addicted to Little Gems!!)
Yes, change up your salads if you can. I buy rocket, baby spinach and watercress as well as lettuce for the green base, and add lots of pickle-type things for extra tastiness. For example: pickled onion, pickled red cabbage, capers, pickled jalapenos etc. For extra crunch try chopped celery, radishes, carrot batons and so on.

I think this is all part of dieting.....it happens to all of us. It can be a slippery slide though and you just have to make sure that a couple of 'bad' days don't turn into a week or even more! You're right though, its tough.
I went over my syns yesterday and today hasn't been much better either. I know tomorrow I am going to have to 'start over' or I can just see it carrying on for the rest of the week.

Yes, change up your salads if you can. I buy rocket, baby spinach and watercress as well as lettuce for the green base, and add lots of pickle-type things for extra tastiness. For example: pickled onion, pickled red cabbage, capers, pickled jalapenos etc. For extra crunch try chopped celery, radishes, carrot batons and so on.

And chopped baby corn, mange tout, or sugar snap peas, beetroot (grated raw or pickled), chopped up roast peppers from a jar (make sure they're not in oil), herbs and the odd grape, strawberry or slices of orange/grapefruit... the list is endless. You could vary your dressing as well.

But it doesn't have to be a salad everyday or even every other day! There are loads of free/speed veg you can eat - if I'm doing a mix of roasted veg for dinner one night I make extra and reheat in the microwave the next day, or make soups using lots of free and speed foods for a filling meal. Have a look at some of the diaries and the recipe section for further ideas.

We all fall off the wagon sometimes. The secret is to climb back on at the first opportunity and sometimes that requires a Herculean effort - but it's worth making! Try not to dwell too much on what you're missing - easier said than done, I know - and instead focus on what you can have.

Good luck.

Back