Im Struggling people

Been on the plan for 1 week now and 1st weighin was this morning. It was 3lbs. So yes disappointed with that because I've stuck to the plan. However I can live with 3lbs. What I can't put up with is feeling weak and then night after night of insomnia! What on earth is going on? I'm a good sleeper normally but now it's like tossing and turning for hours and when I do drift off a really vivid dream wakes me soon afterwards.
I am missing carbs but I don't actually mind the diet and am enjoying the food I'm eating but the side effects are proving grim.
If I have another sleepless night tonight then I will have to do another plan :(

Might you have some kind of bug? It would be unusual for Atkins flu to last a whole week.

Can you post a few daily menus here just so we know what you're eating? Are you eating enough fat/calories etc.

As per moonlights post, do post up some examples of how you've been eating. I tend to have trouble sleeping if i haven't eaten enough. Most people starting out tend not to have enough fat in their diets too as it seems somehow "wrong" for a diet, but it's important to eat plenty of fat.

Try to stick with it for one more week. I'd think if you still feel as terrible in a week it might be an idea to change but for now it could just be your body adapting.

I haven't been sleeping but didn't consider that it might be because of atkins! I usually have my tea late and go to bed early so there's usually only about 2 hours between!

Back