I'm struggling to gage how much 200g veg is??

I would say ur about right!

In prep for starting I chopped & froze 100g bags of mushrooms. Fried them tonight in 2 sprays of frylight & once cooked weighed them again, 200g had reduced to 118g!

The initial bags would have fitted neatly into a mug, but they were 100g.

(hope my ramble had Been of some help) gxx

A standard size tin of Beans, tomatoes etc are usually 400g so half of this=200g

If you have enough veg it'll take you out of ketosis because of the carbs. Being a little over won't make much difference though. You can't really judge weight on volume though. A cup of potato will weigh a lot more than a cup of mushroom, so it's going to be difficult to really judge it. Can't you order scales? Mine broke and so I ordered some for less than £10 from Amazon. In the mean time I used the weight on the packaging as a guide, knowing that if it was 400g and I wanted 100g I wanted roughly a quarter of the pack.

Well I've mostly been having a mix of rocket (about quarter of a pack),courgette (3rd), one or two mushrooms,and about five olives, I'm gonna order some scales to make sure I'm having the right amount,I weighed myself today (7th day of S&S) and since the start I've only lost 4lbs, feel a bit disheartened but I won't give up,maybe a better loss next week x

Could be too much veg, I don't know. A loss is a loss though so be proud of that!

It can't be too much veg cos I've just looked on my fitness pal and I haven't gone over 60g of carbs all week and anything under 100g puts the body into ketosis (or so I've been reading) god knows what it is? Maybe I'm retaining water? Oh well, I can see a difference and lost 2inches off my waist and an inch everywhere else :) so I'm happy about that x

Depends if you're underestimating the veg though. Either way, you've ordered scales so that'll sort that. Make sure you drink plenty of water (I struggle!) as that'll help with the water retention. Otherwise just keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there. 5lbs isn't bad anyway!

If you have a big loss first week you usually have a small one next. Should mean you'll have a nice one this week too!

Back