Im struggling!!

I've reached target about a month ago, so I should be thrilled. But since then I'm sabotaging myself. I have put weight on every week and it's like, well, I've done my weight loss so let's eat everything in sight and I'm upset as I have worked so hard for this. I don't want to exercise I'm reinforcing bad cake eating, old habits and I can't seem to get back on plan. Has anyone else felt like I'm at the moment or any advise. Help!! Please !!!!

I haven't felt like you do at the moment, but we have both been at target for a similar time and I thought it might help to share my story and positivity in order to reverse your current trend . . .

I'm at target and have been there just a few weeks. I did this with Slimming World, running and the gym. I still weigh in at SW and stay to group every week. You changed your habits to get to target. This was a healthy choice. You HAVE TO continue making healthy choices. You should not view your weight loss as a diet that has now finished. You made good choices to get to your target weight and this has to be a life long change if you are to maintain a healthy weight, figure and lifestyle.

To help you rekindle the mojo:

How did you get to target? Why did you want to lose the weight? What was the best thing about losing the weight? What are your victories? How good does it feel to be buying smaller sizes? What good things are happening in your life? What are you most looking forward to in the year ahead?

I look forward to your reply . . .

Hi Sally
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate your reply.
I also do slimming world and I still attend the group. I'm finding it embarrassing every week with my gain. I find it difficult to speak in the group as the consultant doesn't like any negative thoughts so I don't say anything. Everything you say it's so true. I really enjoy fitting back into my old clothes. When I was on plan I never gained any weight, I lost every week. But again like you said this is a way of life and I knew that and wanted it!! It feels like a physical chemical switch has turned off and not sure how to switch it back on again grrrr. I am going to relook at all the valid points you make. I'm really pleased that you have made target. How do you manage. That might help me also??? Xx

I have written a few blog entries about my journey which you may find helpful, but in a nutshell: I have found the Paul McKenna "I can make you thin" to be useful in getting my head right but I could never have done it without SW.

My new big thing is running which I had NEVER done before. As I was walking to the gym I found myself running. I started off only being able to run to the end of the road but I found the Couch to 5K programme on the NHS website, downloaded the podcasts and haven't looked back. I have found running to be great for weight loss, toning and staying positive. It gives me time to think and put life in perspective. I live on the edge of town so within 5 minutes I'm running along country lanes and enjoying the scenery. I can't believe that this is me!

Gymophobics is a ladies only gym and I am re-assessed every 10 weeks with all measurements taken - this is very motivational. I have had to take a break from that too due to my hand injury but I'm hoping to return this week. It is a great environment to exercise in and the programme takes just 30 mins 3 times a week.

Hey like you I love Paul McKenna and I still take on board his golden rules. I imagine sand particles in chocolate which set my teeth on edge. I could rekindle these. Thanks for that!!!
While I was loosing weight I would put on a Jillian Michael DVD 5 -6 days a week then do zumba 3x week and jog around my house ( sounds daft I know but my feet don't do well in shoes or trainers and I can do all the above barefoot.I use a pedometer and made sure I did at least 20000 steps a day. I'm doing race for life in July and thought that will be ok I'm fairly fit. But I seemed to have given up my exercise!! And finding it really hard to get back into itWhere do I find your blog. I'm not very computer savvy!!!
And thanks honey for your time xxxx

The link is in my signature below - the pink one below my SW awards. Click on it and you'll be there - just like Dorothy!!

I like your chocolate sand vision and I hope you can rekindle your exercise fire!! It's all there - you just need to remember how much you enjoyed it and why it was so good for you . . . and then keep doing it :)

Back