Im told theres a greggs pasty recipe for slimming world

On a similar theme, if you make up some mash quite thickly, put it in the fridge over night (essential) to set, put between either greese proof paper or cling film and roll out like pastry, you can fill it with free stuff, roll it up like a sausage and bake in the oven. Its great hot, cold or taken on picnincs sliced.

On a similar theme, if you make up some mash quite thickly, put it in the fridge over night (essential) to set, put between either greese proof paper or cling film and roll out like pastry, you can fill it with free stuff, roll it up like a sausage and bake in the oven. Its great hot, cold or taken on picnincs sliced.
Like the sound of this, will try it, thanks hun. xxx Loobylou

Heres the recipe hun, i make it all the time but adapted it for my liking.
1 syn for the whole pie.
1 packet Batchelors Macaroni cheese (1 syn)
1 Packet cheese & onion Smash
250g tub fromaige frais
1/2 grated onion
3 eggs
Pour both packs into a bowl dry. Add enough boiling water to make it look like you've made a thick mash.
Add rest of ingredients and mix really well, it looks a bit sloppy but don't worry.
Pour into a flan dish (i use the silicon ones) it will come right up to the top this is fine.
Bake in oven 160c for about 45 mins. Enjoy. xxx Loobylou

when you put the dry things together i take it the macaroni is still hard (bit thick lol)
what size flan dish do you use

This might sound stupid, but if you don't ask you'll never know! When you use the pasta n sauce do you leave the dried pasta in or do you pick it out and just use it for the sauce? Otherwise I would imagine the pasta would be funny at the "dough" stage?

This might sound stupid, but if you don't ask you'll never know! When you use the pasta n sauce do you leave the dried pasta in or do you pick it out and just use it for the sauce? Otherwise I would imagine the pasta would be funny at the "dough" stage?
Hi Squiddie, not stupid at all, i thought it was weird at first but its well worth making, you pour the whole of the dried pack of pasta in sauce in with the dried smash with the other ingredients and it cooks and softens in the oven. Hope this helps. xxx Loobylou

I made this last night (well 1am) and it was gorgeous. I only had tomato and herb past n sauce so I thought s*d it, and I had to use half cheese n onion and half orginal smash, and youghurt instead of fromage frais... but it came out beautiful, I melted some cheese on the top and it had a hit of cheese and tomato pizza.

Will definately be making this again :D

:cool: I don't think I understand. When you say pasty I'm thinking of the meat, potato, swede and onions variety.

I thought that too, it's more like a pie I suppose in the cottage pie sense (?)

Oh, okay.

Well I'm still looking for a recipe for a fat free Cornish pasty....or pie, I'm not too fussy...thankyouverymuch :D

Luby

This is fantastic,

I had a greeen day today so I could try it -yum yum. Thankyou so much for this it is fabby.

Hello everyone.

I was at my meeting last night and quiche recipes are swapped around the group, there are 2 i cant remember. One was the quiche using pasta and sauce packets. And another was nicknamed the Greggs pasty using potato and pasta n sauce, cant remember the rest, can anyone help, they were all raving about it last night.

thanks in advance x:family2:
Hi,

Our consultant was telling us that if you took a wrap and put any filling you liked in and then brushed some egg around the edges and folded the wrap in half and brushed it with more egg all over. Put it in the oven and baked it, it tasted just like a Greggs pasty.

Ooo that sounds good, I'll add that to my list of things to make when I feel better :D

In the mean time I made the pie again, this time with cheese, leek and ham Pasta n Sauce, and fromage frais :p

PieTop.jpg

PieSide.jpg

Back