I'm too shy...

NumNums

Becca
Hi all...

I was going to do SlimFast as LL was too expensive but someone pointed me in the direction of Cambridge Diet.

Only problem is, I'm too scared to make the call to my local CDC. She's even able to do home visits, which is brill because I don't drive and with too young kids.

I pick up the phone... ready to dial... I just can't seem to call.

What's wrong with me? :(

I'm fed up of feeling fat and frumpy.

Whoops. I've just replied to you on the LL forum

As for phoning the CDC, please don't worry. I felt exactly the same as I hate phones anyway!

Just take a deep breath and do it. That's what I did, and it was the best phone call ever :clap:

Let us know how you get on.

Aw hon as KD says it will be the best thing you do and until you make that call you are going to feel low as you are.

Please call and i tell you it will be the start of the new you and you don't have lots to lose so before you know it you will be a happy slim chick again.

Good Luck and make that call xxx

Right, I'm going to call after 12. I'm going to do some tidying up. Feed the kids and sit down and call her.

I'm only going to tell hubby I'm doing it.

I don't want to tell my family as they have always made remarks to my weight when I put it on. And my mum could probably get into my clothes 3 times over!

So if I fail, I don't have to listen to more jeers from them. But I don't plan on losing.

All you wonderful ladies, you look beautiful, great inspiration that I can do it too.

I'll let you know how I get on!

LOL, she sounds like the very best kind of CDC. :D :D

Well done on plucking up the courage. I remember feeling exactly the same when I first started CD, so you're definitely not the only one.

No one other than my partner knew I was doing Cambridge either when I first got started. In fact, I lost several stones before fessing up - but it really isn't anyone's business but yours how you lose the weight. I knew that lots of people knew I'd tried losing weight before - and also that some folks would try to tell me CD was really dangerous and that I'd only put all the weight back on, etc... So I decided, for the sake of my sanity, that no one else needed to know!

Hey, you know what? I've got a feeling you're going to do really well at this... :hug99:

I received no phone call :confused::D There can't be two mental CDCs surely? :confused:

I thought that 'being mental' was part of the job description... :D :D :D

Thanks all :D.

I'm mildy scared I'll pile it back on afterwards.

But I only eat the wrong kind of foods at the moment cause I felt there was no hope for me.

She explained about the different packs and how they introduce food back into the diet and then you move from there.

I really can't wait to start.

I'm mildy scared I'll pile it back on afterwards.

No reason why you should, unless you eat too much after. Same after any diet

When it gets closer to the time, nip over to the Cambridge maintainers forum here. Don't go just yet, it's only 4 days after Christmas :D

No reason why you should, unless you eat too much after. Same after any diet

When it gets closer to the time, nip over to the Cambridge maintainers forum here. Don't go just yet, it's only 4 days after Christmas :D

I've not acutally put on any weight over xmas. I've been in the rut of the same weight since my daughter was 16mths.

I kept a food diary recently. I don't actually eat alot or over eat. My problem is I eat the wrong things... take aways, fatty foods, crisps, chocolate bars and bottles of fizzy juice.

I'm going to start and try swapping to water now to prepare for what I need to drink on CB. And I'll get the withdrawl now, not during my first couple of days.

Best of luck on your start in the new year! and welldone on picking up the phone! i was scared also at first :)

Hubby phoned and asked if I really had to do this as he doesn't think there's anything wrong with me (they're meant to say that, aren't they!). And I tried to explain to him how unhappy I feel. Like it's not my body anymore.

I think hes really scared I'll go stupid and be stick thin lol. But I'm a curvey figure naturally... I just want to get rid of these 2 inches either side of my hips of fat!!!!

All hubbys say that :D mine said the same loved me how i am and he actually means it....but we're doing this for US ....not them!

Back