Im Upset

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Im upset and annoyed with myself that I just can't get my head into gear with regards to slimming world. Everything seems like an effort at the moment and slimming world just does appear to be exciting me as much as it once was :( I still want to lose weight but I just dont have the will power at the moment.

Need to get a grip and try to shake myself from this dangerous downhill spiral.

Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading x

Thanks DD :( I just dont know what i can do to shake myself out of this. I know I have done well to get this far and all that jazz but thats not giving me that gentle kick in the bum I need :(

well as regards not having your head in gear, are you maintaining on that or are the scales creeping up?

If you are maintaining then you're just having a rest, nothing major.

If gaining, be careful its not a slippery slope, you dont want to have to relose that 3.5 stone.

Is that a gentle enough kick for you? sorry I'm not very good at this bit.

Yeah I had a 3lb gain last week but thats because I had 6 days off plan due to mine and my mums birthday celibrations and being at theirs for a few days. Since then, its been difficult to appreciate SW food and all i can think of is just going to get a pizza or some processed crap from tesco downstairs.

Thanks for that LD xx

have u got any targets? why not set urself a mini goal? lb off or 2 lb off, find something , a dress, a pair shoes... aim to lose weigh to get it. im going alton towers on nov 20th and its in 12 weeks (i think)
i am going to lose a minimum of 8lbs before i go. find something to aim for.. any anytime u need anything, just pm me or add me on facebook

Thanks hun, honestly apreciate it. Becase ive been doing SW for so long now and im well below my target weight my weight loss has slowed down, almost stopped, so finding things tough, thats probably why my motivations is lacking.

Try and remind yourself why you are doing sw.
All the processed crap etc is only a very short term fix. You want a much longer fix dont you ;).

Maybe take long hard look in the mirror and see if that helps? May kick you gently if you dont like what you see?
Failing that, just TRY to be at least 90 and wean yourself back in gently?

:hug99:

xx

Thanks Toots, needed that! Shelly, serously mate, if I look in the mirror right now im likely to cry! Your so right about looking into the long term though, thank you x

Not really sure what to say but didn't want to read an run. *Kicks Sarah-Jayne up the bum*
You know how well you've done, but it's nice to get a reminder from people on here who know what you're going through.
How would you feel if you ate the pizza? Would it make you feel good or even worse?!
Hope you get through this and that you're ok.xx

Hey CC, to be honest mate, pizza will satisfy me for all of 5 mins then I would feel guilty and know it wasnt worth it.

My god, reading back on this I sound so whiney! Seriously *slaps self round face*

Thank you all my lovlies.

Hiya Sarah-Jayne it's so awful when you feel down in the dumps and cant shake it. My gentle kick up the bum would be to tell you this...... a few years ago I lost 5.5 stone, I was 15.5st to start off and got down to 10 st. It wasn't where I needed to be, cos I'm 5ft nothing I should be about 9st. Even though I was still overweight I started to think differently. Cos now I was thin-ish, I lost track of "the diet" and life went on, stuff happened and I ate but because my head wasn't in the right place I didn't see how much and what was happening....... a few years down the line and here I am with the 5.5 stone back on PLUS an extra stone for good measure! I was 16st 8.5lb when I joined SW :cry:I was really worried about having a heart attack and dieing and leaving my children more than how I looked which is why I'm doing it again.

You can think to your self.... yeah I know I've done well but I'm so fed up right now I just don't care, but as so as you become complacent you're in trouble! Please don't think I'm lecturing you its just I wish so much with all my heart that I had had this web site and someone to give me a good hard slap.

Why don't you try doing something new. Horse riding, hang gliding, salsa dancing anything. Maybe its a new interest you need something to focus on that will excite you and give you back your Vavavoom!

Love Piglet x

Piglet. Thank you. I dont know what else to say. I truely mean it and reading your story is just what I needed to hear I think. Thank you x

I agree with piglet I got down to 9st on WW and gradually piled all the weight (plus more) on. 6.5 st later I wish I'd not let things get out of control but am ready to do something about it. You have lost so much weight it's just amazing and I am sure it's natural to get fed up of it all. Don't give up though; Piglet's suggestion of a new hobby is brill and it might just give you something else to motivate you xx :hug99:

Oh hun I'm really glad it helped. It was prob like reading war and peace :eek: but this web site is amazing... it should win an award! I really wish I had know about it back then.... it might have saved me xx

Look at ur b4 pics...do u really want to go there again...

Piglet;2764811....... a few years down the line and here I am with the 5.5 stone back on PLUS an extra stone for good measure! I was 16st 8.5lb when I joined SW :cry:I was really worried about having a heart attack and dieing and leaving my children more than how I looked which is why I'm doing it again. You can think to your self.... yeah I know I've done well but I'm so fed up right now I just don't care said:
OMG Piglet I could have written that post, I fully understand where you are coming from regading the fear of your weight and the effect it could have on your children, that is my main motivation for dieting, good luck, i am sure we will both get to target again soon!

Sarah-Jayne, you've got yourself in a rut and gained 3 lbs, and now you are playing the emotional guilt trip game with yourself and you need to stop beating yourself up now.

So you've gained 3lbs, it's not the end of the world - it's called life, stop being so hard on yourself, we're all human, we all go wrong ... what's important is calling time on the game and getting yourself back on track

(BIG HUG) to you, you're inspirational on the boards, don't forget it!

Hiya Donnajt the thing is its true! I am 2 people walking around in 1 body!!!!

My dad died a few months before I was born from a heart attack and he was only about 45 (I'm 42)and he was THIN THIN THIN Also I'm just waiting to become a diabetic...... my mum is and my bro is and almost everyone else in the family is..... so its gotta be my turn soon.

And my babies need me (ok so they're 12 and 10 but they still need me) It used to be cos I wanted to look good in clothes and cos of vanity but now my focus has changed... my mother was away for most of my childhood and I desperately wanted a mother.... how can I allow myself to be taken away. I need to be there for them..... but also now that I have started to lose weight, I have a little bit of a vavavoom going on in my head :) it feels good :) its saying to me "skinny jeans tucked into boots"..... knowing my luck though, just as I get there it'll go out of fashion and NOBODY will be doing that look anymore..... apart from me :eek:

Of course we'll get there this time..... this time is for real and for keeps. And this time we have MiniMins!! xx

Back