I'm wanting to loose 47lb

I'm wanting to loose 47lb on the W8 Diet how long should it take me to loose. does it depend on what weight you are when you start?

Carly x

Hi Carly, not sure about W8 but I generally find that on any diet it works in cycles; big loss, little loss, plateu and the big loss (not as big as the first one) and in that cycle over and over.

Good luck! You'll get lots of support here and we can all do this together!

Bren
X

My average loss is about 2lbs a week, I'm not sure what w8 is. It's best not to think of a time scale, just take it week by week, or the whole thing will make you think 'I'll never lose all this by such and such a date' and you're more likely to give up. Most healthy eating plans say 2 lbs a week is a healthy rate to lose.

ive tried slimming world a few times before and its ok for me. I find I eat the food I usually do, I was doing that diet for about 3 weeks b4 I started the w8t diet and only lost around 6lb. but on the W8 diet you don’t eat normally you have to have food supplement packs and hopefully i should loose more than 7lb on my 1st week. thanks for replying to me. Carly

I would agree on the plateaus bit. I did really well on my diet (not W8) for the first 6 months, but I plateaued out and unfortunately when the weight stopped shifting I got down and it has started to creep back on. Today is starting again day though :)

just wanted to say welcome and good luck :) there is a w8 forum on here somewhere i think. they'll probably be able to answer your question better :)

abz xx

Hi,
I'm following W8. If you follow the rapid plan, they say you can loose between 3 and 4 stone in 12 weeks. If you do the regular (which involves one meal a day) the average loss is 1 stone per month.
The W8 forum on here has loads of advice and friendly people if you need to know anything else. You'll also be able to see how much others have lost. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Back