image issues!! grrrhhh

byron

ok i feel like having a rant- why is it that i feel so big-fat -and frumpy(yeah i know because i am) but i never felt like this before and im now 2st 8 and half lbs lighter!!i really dunno if ill ever be happy with the way i look "fat or skinny"and sometimes think whats the point trying!! to people whom i work with etc i probably come across and a strong confident woman but inside i feel a wreck!!! im so concious of my image its unbelivable
grrrrhhhh
laura xx(sorry for the rant)

Hi Laura

I feel exactly like this at the minute, I figured I was probably about to be due on. And sure enough, this morning, there it was! I've felt bloaty and frumpy and ugly and rubbish all day, luckily I had a day off work and don't go back til Wednesday next week, which will be weigh in day too. We have to take in before and after photos of ourselves and I just feel rubbish rubbish rubbish. I look at my photos and I don't see or feel any different, I know I am, the scales say so, but I loooooong for the day when i can see it!

I'm sure we'll get there, and this group helps no end. Chin up hun. xx

thanks for the reply vixxster!!
however may i add you do look amazing on your before and after pictures- and theirs such a change in you its unbelivable!! and should be sooo proud of yourself- your such an inspiration ,and its a comfort to me that not only is it me that feels like this
thankyou sweety
laura x

that's really sweet and thank you. :D One day hopefully it'll all click into place. xx

Hi Byron,

I think we have all been there/or go there once in a while. Think of it like this, you are a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis you have to go through a number of changes and stages before you get to be that butterfly on the outside for everyone to see.

However you can be a butterfly on the inside whenever you want!

We all feel a bit like this i know i do but look how far you have come and im sure that you can see the difference! Good luck on your journey and chin up this is all part of the learning!! xx

Hey there

Big hugs hun, I think days like this are just part of being human. I know I have days where I just feel blah, bloated, frumpy and yuk. Couple of days later all is well again... I always blame hormones!

xx

Oh my God Porgeous, you look amazing!

I pray for the day I have a before and after shot like that!

I was thinking about this the other day and I'll try to explain my thinking below... however, it may make little sense!!!

For me, before I started to lose weight I was in denial. At size 22, all the shops were "cutting their clothes smaller."
I never looked in the mirror properly, and when I did, I saw myself how I used to be, as a size 16-18, not as a size 22.
When I saw pictures of myself at Christmas, I realised I had to do something about it and in January started SW.
Now I am losing weight, I want to see the difference... I look in the mirror all the time, and I see myself as I am, or maybe even bigger than I am.
This has meant that my image of myself now is worse than it was before I began SW, but it is a realistic image, and not an image of a girl who is 3 sizes smaller than you really are.

Anyway... enough ranting from me!!!

Keep your chin up, look at some old pictures, and I bet you will see a difference. If not, go and see someone you haven't seen for a while... I bumped in to someone in the street today and he almost didn't recognise me, and told me I looked amazing... I was beaming from ear to ear!!!

When I look in the mirror (when I've got past the wrinkles!) I can see a shape emerging, but because It's going like an egg timer ,all off my spare tyres ,it makes me feel as tho my belly is bigger (tho in reality that is smaller too!) This is where the tape measure comes in to it's own! We fixate on the scales, but things alter, and when we look in the mirror we have selective eyesight! Emz is right(great post Hun it won't let me rep you yet!)

Hey there

Big hugs hun, I think days like this are just part of being human. I know I have days where I just feel blah, bloated, frumpy and yuk. Couple of days later all is well again... I always blame hormones!

xx

You look bloody good if I may say.!!! Well done with your weight loss...

Phil x:D

Learn to love yourself hun, no matter what your size always make the most of yourself and tell yourself you are beautifull. You will only be happy with your image if you can like yourself and that goes for being slim too. Its all part of the learning curve, your confidence will grow in time and these feelings will be a thing of the past.

Back