**important health question - please help**

sam786

Likes Food :)
Hi,
I was wondering if somebody could help...I'm on my 1st week of SS. I saw somebody yesterday who said that the cambridge is very dangerous as the weight you lose is all muscle and not fat. This can lead to heart muscle being lost which in turn can lead to a heart attack. Could you please help, as I dont want to stop the diet but am now petrified!!!!:(

No, that's not true.

When you are on any diet, you lose fat, and some muscle. On Cambridge, because of the higher protein levels, you lose less of the muscle and more of the fat :cool:

Am sure your Doctor wouldnt have signed your form of he / she thought it was dangerous x

Ask them to show you evidence, even a newspaper article of Cambridge diet causing a heart attack. You have taken thier views very seriously and would like them to provide you with more information.

Guaranteed they wont be able to give you any.

Do you think we would all be doing this if we were going to drop dead of a heart attack? ;)

But seriously, whenever anyone says stuff like this, ask them to give you more info on paper or even a link to a recognised site and not "my pals aunties cousins sisters nieces dog did a VLCD blah blah blah" Nobody ever has anything.

It is pure ignorance, usually bourne out of lack of knowledge of the diet and sometimes out of jelousy because that person knows they couldn't do this diet.
There is a lot of information arounf about VLCD's and Cambridge has done a lot of research on the effects of the diet.
Read up about it, not only to put your own mind at rest, but also in order to be able to 'reassure' those around you who doubt the safety of the diet.

x
final985404001243321283.gif

My husband is a body builder and knows everything and i mean everything about nutrition and fats and wouldnt let me near this if he thought it was 'dodgy'

If your fat..you will lose fat first,...if dangerously too thin..then you WILL eat into muscle yes...but lets face it the reason we're on CD is because we are too fat and its fat that goes first, trust me.

If your fat..you will lose fat first,...if dangerously too thin..then you WILL eat into muscle yes...but lets face it the reason we're on CD is because we are too fat and its fat that goes first, trust me.

Yes. That's dead right. The more fat you have to lose, the higher the % of fat lost when dieting.

As you get slimmer, it starts to swing the other way, which is one of the reasons that adding the extra protein that 810 gives is needed as you get closer to goal.

BTW, it's not always a bad thing to lose some lean. We develop extra muscle to support us as we become obese. Some of this isn't needed as we get slimmer

Back