Important info re maple & pecan porridge!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SacredSilence, 12 January 2011 Social URL.

1. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Thanks to MrsAH bringing it to my attention, I have discovered that the new Maple & Pecan porridge is in fact NOT wheat/gluten free as stated in their allergy/intolerances section - Cambridge Weight Plan: Allergies/Intolerances/Choices

It does infact state in the nutritional breakdown that it contains -

Milk, Soya, Oats, WHEAT, Barley, Spelt and Rye!!!

I have REALLY been suffering this week which I put down to being on the diet itself though the symptoms are much the same as when I have wheat/gluten. I am SO angry!!

I am going to write a strong letter of complaint aswell as informing my CDC as it will take me at least a couple of weeks to get over this AFTER no longer eating it, And they`re lucky that I get the affects that I do, and that I`m not as bad as my dad - This would have killed him!!

PLEASE be aware if you need wheat/gluten free that this DOES contain Wheat.

Thankyou MrsAH for bringing this to my attention :( At least now I know why I have been so bad. I should have guessed really :cry:

Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    I`m a bit worried that complaining will get my CDC in trouble :confused::(

You know how people like to pass the buck! Can they trace me back to her?

It`s their fault for listing it as wheat/gluten free on their webpage but I`m worried they`ll say she should have known and told me :confused:

:sigh: :(

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think its far far more important that you flag this up to them. Besides Im sorry but youre paying her for being your CDC, shes not doing it as a favour, youre relying on her to give you accurate info and not to give you wrong information which has been detremential to your health.

5. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

This is a serious health issue and it need to be addressed ASAP!! Don't worry u follow the right channels and submit a complaint, informing CD headoffice the effects it has on you and the seriousness of this false advertising!!!

6. MrsAH

MrsAH Full Member

No worries I'm just glad we realised now before having loads more. Definitely complain - I will!

xxx

7. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    So sorry SS... I'd report it too, it is CD's fault and not the CDC... they are flagging it as gluten free so she , like everyone else, would accept that as truth. Their fault. I'm sorry because I know it was your fave flavour, too. :eek:(

xxx

8. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    :eek:

Very sloppy behaviour from such a huge organisation

Sorry you were feeling rough on it

9. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Thanks everyone x

I will definately be complaining! I`m going to put it in writing rather than phoning cos I`ll get worked up and won`t be able to get my words out properly.

This is a terribly shocking health issue. They could potentially kill someone with incorrect information.

Thankyou again MrsAH, Without you pointing it out to me, I would have continued to eat it and continued to suffer. I really hope you`re feeling a bit better now

Xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.